Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Sammus posted:

Agent Mathews cracks me up. Hell, it seems like everyone involved was a character of sorts, but he is the star.

Mathews and Jerry Columbo's ex-wife are the standouts for me. And Columbo's sister-in-law for her expressions while her husband keeps going on about his brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

That Works posted:

:hfive:

Yeah, I love her character. Haven't seen S4 yet tho.

She continues to be amazing. Even more than previously.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

wizardofloneliness posted:

Mathews and Jerry Columbo's ex-wife are the standouts for me.

"I'd smoke a joint and need some Reese's cups"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of HBO, I'm not usually an huge King fan but The Outsider is fuckin phenomenal.

Just hope it doesn't do the usual King thing of having a weak ending

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
the dragon quest cg movie has one hell of a twist and ending they really had it having the main nerd embrace nostalgia head on and live out on this fantasy world

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man vs. Snake just popped up on Prime. Very entertaining documentary. Almost as good as King of Kong and Chasing Ghosts.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Are you outside the US? I don't see Man vs Snake on prime here in Oregon.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Inspector 34 posted:

Are you outside the US? I don't see Man vs Snake on prime here in Oregon.

Nope, I'm in the US. Try searching for "nibbler"?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yep that did it, thanks! Weird that Amazon couldn't find it through its actual title but I'm watching now at least.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

precision posted:

Talking of HBO, I'm not usually an huge King fan but The Outsider is fuckin phenomenal.

Just hope it doesn't do the usual King thing of having a weak ending

First ep was incredible and then it kind of dropped off until I stopped watching after episode four. After it's pretty clear that the killer is just a supernatural monster that can do anything the mystery really disappears.

Did I give up too soon? Does it pick up again?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

First ep was incredible and then it kind of dropped off until I stopped watching after episode four. After it's pretty clear that the killer is just a supernatural monster that can do anything the mystery really disappears.

Well there's only 6 episodes so I don't know but it does seem to be going downhill

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Episodes 5 and 6 are really, really good but the mystery hasn't picked back up, if that's what hooked you. Kinda disappointed myself.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did Narcos always have location titles? I hate that poo poo and I feel like it's new this season.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

The Columbia seasons had a lot more carryover between them so they used Mexico to differentiate the two.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I was going to start blitzing through the new Narcos season today but there's also a Narcos/Breaking Bad mashup "Running with the Devil" available, which has Laurence Fishbourne playing the crazy guy in a Nic age movie. 20 minutes in, I'm not expecting good things!

Edit: Guy below me would love Cinema Sins!

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 15, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Good point keep talkin posted:

The Columbia seasons had a lot more carryover between them so they used Mexico to differentiate the two.

Oh I meant location titles as in when a scene changes. On the last episode I watched it had WASHINGTON DC on screen when it was pretty obvious that's where the scene was and if it wasn't it'd be clear in less than a minute.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Pretty stacked cast.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HENRY ROLLINS LMAO

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
That's quite the cast!
Hope it's nearly as good as She-Ra.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Random Rollins bit parts make me smile

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lena Headey seems like a nice lady. I wonder how she feels about being the go to actress for any massively evil bitch lol.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

veni veni veni posted:

Lena Headey seems like a nice lady. I wonder how she feels about being the go to actress for any massively evil bitch lol.

Cries all the way to the bank I reckon.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood....not really good.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Field Mousepad posted:

I disagree.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Watched the first two seasons of Killing Eve and holy poo poo is that a fun show. Going in I knew nothing about it and had it in my mind that it was going to be a dark police procedural like The Killing so I was not prepared for what the show actually was. Villanelle is one of the most unique female antagonists I have seen and the actress that plays her is so fun to watch.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sarchasm posted:

I disagree.

:same:

While it may not seem like a pure Tarantino flick, it still was a great film with some amazing acting. The final 20 minutes more than make up for the early slow bits.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Field Mousepad posted:

You are not alone.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Tainen posted:

Watched the first two seasons of Killing Eve and holy poo poo is that a fun show. Going in I knew nothing about it and had it in my mind that it was going to be a dark police procedural like The Killing so I was not prepared for what the show actually was. Villanelle is one of the most unique female antagonists I have seen and the actress that plays her is so fun to watch.

It's real good. She's apparently in The Last Duel, which Ridley Scott just started shooting, so hopefully she's given something interesting to do in that.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Finally watched Hereditary after putting it off (I just knew it was going to be great), and man it actually lived up to the hype.. I love a horror movie that has me looking online to find what was based on actual beliefs/text and other theories after I watched it. While you can tell it is from the same person that did Midsommar, they are so different in many other ways I don't think that is bad thing. I am not going to get into which one is better, but I can see how one could argue for each one of them. That said Hereditary is more horror than Midsommar. My wife doesn't like horror that much, and she prefers Midsommar.

Also Ari Aster really gets some great performances out of his actors. I think I read his next movie will not be horror related. That makes me sad and happy at the same time.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 17, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

nate fisher posted:

Finally watched Hereditary after putting it off (I just knew it was going to be great), and man it actually lived up to the hype.. I love a horror movie that has me looking online to find what was based on actual beliefs/text and other theories after I watched it. While you can tell it is from the same person that did Midsommar, they are so different in many other ways I don't think that is bad thing. I am not going to get into which one is better, but I can see how one could argue for each one of them. That said Hereditary is more horror than Midsommar. My wife doesn't like horror that much, and she prefers Midsommar.

Also Ari Aster really gets some great performances out of his actors. I think I read his next movie will not be horror related. That makes me sad and happy at the same time.

:hfive: looking up King Paimon guy.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Check out Wheelman on Netflix if you liked Drive and/or Locke.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fenix down posted:

Check out Wheelman on Netflix if you liked Drive and/or Locke.

Hell yeah

Tonight I'm gonna try and actually watch Midsommar

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

precision posted:

Hell yeah

Tonight I'm gonna try and actually watch Midsommar

Report back later on your impressions of if the boyfriend deserves what he got

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really enjoyed Midsommar. Definitely don't watch it it expecting it to be the next Hereditary. It's really just a modern day remake of The Wicker Man.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

I really enjoyed Midsommar. Definitely don't watch it it expecting it to be the next Hereditary. It's really just a modern day remake of The Wicker Man.

I liked Midsommar a bunch too, but it did feel pretty predictable.

Both movies deal with grief in interesting ways.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Of course it’s predictable. The movie opens with a tapestry that is step-by-step the movie. It’s not hiding what it’s doing.

Really it’s more like Possession than Wicker Man.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Wickerman is good and wholesome, Midsommar is far too mean to compare.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Really it’s more like Possession than Wicker Man.

That's a drat good point.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
While I don't think Midsommar is as good as Hereditary, that opening scene is incredible and harrowing and just downright disturbing. It was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah that is a gut punch right out of the gate