Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

In this episode, Feeble goes tomb raiding, gets his revenge on someone and then solves another bullshit puzzle.

The guide I'm using goes into a lot of details about the coloured tile. chemistry, arcade and time puzzles. If you want to see it for yourself you can find it here: http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcFf/feeblefiles.html

Here's their in-depth solution to the time puzzle:

CALCULATION OF CURRENT STARDATE

Get the following information from the ENCYCLOPEDIA function in ORACLE:-

MEASUREMENT OF TIME

1 Click = 100 MiniClicks
1 Cycle = 20 Clicks
1 Period = 460 Cycles
1 Millennium = 1000 Periods

at the start of each millennium the 3 primary planets are in alignment

STARDATE NUMBERING SYSTEM

the 7-digit stardate consists of the cycle number and period number in coded form

SPECIAL DAYS

the first cycle of each period is called New Periods Cycle

OmniFest is 15 cycles earlier (in the previous period)

Get the following information from the exhibits in the Zoo:-

HYBRID EXHIBIT

Discovered in the 2nd Millennium

Introduced into the community on Stardate 1240912

Known: Millennium = 2 Stardate 1240912

FILB EXHIBIT

Started monitoring the planet in the 250th Period of the 6th Millennium

Further ¼ Millennium (250 Periods) settling in period

Permanent post established on Stardate 0102536

Known: Millennium = 6 / Period = 500 (250+250) Stardate 0102536

MYTOPIA EXHIBIT

Discovered on New Period Cycle

Discovered on Stardate 1020416

Known: Cycle = 1 or 001 Stardate 1020416

STARDATE is in the form P3–C1–P2–C2–P1–C3–M, where:

C1 C2 C3 is the 3-digit Cycle number

P1 P2 P3 is the 3-digit Period number (in reverse order)

M is the Millennium

Read the Newspaper Article to get the following information:-

Sent to Cygnus Alpha 34 Cycles ago

Cell discovered empty 13 Cycles later

Escaped 101 Cycles after last period’s OmniFest

CURRENT CYCLE

Escaped on cycle number 086 (101-15)

This occurred 21 cycles ago (34-13)

Current Cycle is 107 (86+21)

Get the following information from the STATISTICS function in ORACLE:-

Feeble’s S.O.B. (Stardate of Birth) was 7104728

Current Millennium = 8

Examine the Starmap.

Known: At the start of each millennium the 3 primary planets are in alignment.

1) The Starmap (if you look carefully) is divided into 10 segments.

2) The planets PLEBUS, CROESUS, DIO and HALE-BOPP2 are at 600, 900, 900 and 800 respectively.

3) The stardate on the Starmap is 9293648 – therefore the period is 699 (600, 900 and 900).

4) PLEBUS, CROESUS and DIO are the 3 primary planets and indicate the period.

Analyse the Photograph in the same way.

1) The stardate on the Photograph is 6310408 – therefore the period is 416.

2) PLEBUS, CROESUS and DIO at 400, 100 and 600 respectively.

3) Note that HALE-BOPP2 has not moved.

Now use the Telescope to look at the galaxy as it is at present.

1) The 3 primary planets (PLEBUS, CROESUS and DIO) are at 700, 300 and 200 respectively.

2) Therefore the current period is 732.

3) Calculated previously: The current cycle is 107 and the current millennium is 8.

4) THEREFORE THE CURRENT STARDATE IS 2130778.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
That was mildly satisfying considering we'd earlier seen some pretty graphic FMV of Our Hero being tortured thanks to that arsehole.

Screw the time puzzle, though. There seems to be no cueing or clueing for it either. Just..."figure out how to use this machine. You'll work out how." Ye Gods.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hey lookit we did our dickhead protagonist routine on an actual villain for once!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Whats the point of a talking watch if it can't tell you what the current time is?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I knew those zoo dates were some kind of setup to a puzzle but that's way beyond anything I would have imagined

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Tombot posted:

Whats the point of a talking watch if it can't tell you what the current time is?

Exactly! Especially when it gives us a detailed description of how time works in the game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Exactly! Especially when it gives us a detailed description of how time works in the game.

Or just going up to literally anybody and asking them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It's really some poo poo you see for an ARG or something.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode of Feeble Wars: The Return Of The Empire, Feeble gets a new ride and then visits a miscellaneous rebel outpost on an ice planet. This video is mostly cut scenes, a weird action sequence and then even more cut scenes. There's a plot twist and possibly a sexual encounter, I don't really know as I'm not sure what we were holding onto.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Awww cute they made a Time Crisis minigame

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SSNeoman posted:

Awww cute they made a Time Crisis minigame

Nah, that's straight out of Star Wars: Rebel Assault .

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
That cutscene after the shooty bit is one of the parts I remember from the trailer.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I liked that subversion of the "Why didn't you tell me this before?" "You never asked." cliche.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I liked that subversion of the "Why didn't you tell me this before?" "You never asked." cliche.

It reminded me of the same joke used in Red Dwarf, I think that there were a couple of jokes used in Red Dwarf during this video. It wouldn't surprise me if they were more than just a coincidence.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

It reminded me of the same joke used in Red Dwarf, I think that there were a couple of jokes used in Red Dwarf during this video. It wouldn't surprise me if they were more than just a coincidence.

Well considering Feeble is voiced by Kryten...

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Feeble and Sam visit the planet Tatooine Endor Aldoria Major to infiltrate the CCCC. I'm not sure how much longer this game will go on for, we're very close to the end now. There's possibly going to be two more updates after this one.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
God this game really has a problem thinking its funnier than it is
The bored robot "joke" might be fine for like, three lines. Five solid minutes of blathering is just torture, and all the loving cutscenes are like that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CountryMatters posted:

The bored robot "joke" might be fine for like, three lines. Five solid minutes of blathering is just torture, and all the loving cutscenes are like that

It just. Goes. Onnnnnn :stare:.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When that robot started talking about how much it hated Sam and wanted to kill him, I was certain I'd spotted the puzzle solution: put the other guard robot into Sam's body and let it go back to its patrol, then as soon as its friend sees it and mistakes it for Sam, the two of them will start fighting and destroy each other, leaving the entrance unguarded.

I think my solution is better than the real one.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

CountryMatters posted:

A lot of Adventure Soft games have that problem

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Tiggum posted:

When that robot started talking about how much it hated Sam and wanted to kill him, I was certain I'd spotted the puzzle solution: put the other guard robot into Sam's body and let it go back to its patrol, then as soon as its friend sees it and mistakes it for Sam, the two of them will start fighting and destroy each other, leaving the entrance unguarded.

I think my solution is better than the real one.

I've just tried to switch them around so PEG's personality is activated and it doesn't work, unfortunately. I was hoping that we'd have gotten a cutscene out of it at the least.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Credit where it's due though, I woulda thought the robot mirror match woulda been badass as hell as a kid

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

SSNeoman posted:

A lot of Adventure Soft games have that problem

With Adventure Soft they seemed to have gotten into their heads that comedy is when British people do things, and the longer they do things the funnier it is

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the finale of The Feeble Files and there are no spoilers going into this one. This is a little longer than normal, it consists of around forty-two minutes of game footage. I did consider cutting it in two but I'm not sure whether I will be around much next Sunday as I'll be in Scotland.

I also recorded the Omnipedia entries this morning. I'm not sure when it will turn up here as it's 75 minutes long unedited and I need to be at work in an hour.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Y'know, I could have sworn that final scene was both A:in the trailer an B:went completely differently.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was some genuinely good story towards the end. The ending could have been better, would have helped if they had some ideas how to end the story, like you have so many post-scripts you might as well go full hog and actually animate the final thing. Thank you for showing off this thing, OP. It uh. It was a strange beast.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
That ending was actually pretty neat, though it is a wonder how much of a psychopath Feeble is when he's not being cowardly. This game has some solid writing in places, but the gameplay really let it down hard. Thanks for sharing!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Those deaths were like some of the least dickish things Feeble did in the game. The first one was a mercy kill and the second was an accident where he was genuinely angry.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bonus Video: Omnipedia A-Z

I think that I managed to get them all into alphabetical order, there are a lot of entries in this fifty-three-minute video.

This is the last video of the LP. Thank you, everyone, for being a part of it. Most of my fond memories seem to stem from getting stuck in the early part of the game and just getting lost in the environments and talking to the people. Despite some of the questionable puzzles and humour, its been nice to revisit the game and take a trip down memory lane. Thank you for letting me share the experience with you all.

Duckman: The Legend of the Fall will probably start next Sunday.

SSNeoman posted:

The first one was a mercy kill and the second was an accident where he was genuinely angry.

Punching someone in the face was an accident?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
SAM dying is actually really dumb; Pull the personality chips and go stick them back in his still-intact own body up on the surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Punching someone in the face was an accident?

I mean he intended to just hit him, not kill the guy.