Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hmm it appears Auburn may be not actually all that good without their one-and-done lottery pick but also goddamn they went 1-17 from behind the line so whatever except that's exactly the way they've lost all their losses but wait they've only lost three games so in one sense it's no big deal but in another sense they're only barely hanging on to their status as a protected seed by winning 5/5 games in OT so I guess they are "clutch" if that means anything but maybe it doesn't in conclusion :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newershadow
May 18, 2014

Kim Jong Il posted:

Who's getting fired this year? Barring NCAA violations related ones, where I haven't been following.

Probably:

Chris Collins (Northwestern)

Collins has been trash the last couple years, especially with a lead anywhere near the end of the game, but unless something absolutely batshit happens, he isn’t getting fired. This article (after Purdue collapse, before Rutgers collapse) goes into a lot of the why, and it basically quotes the AD on it. He’s entirely in a hell of his own design though, since he’s probably not blameless for all the transfers creating the current extremely messed-up scholarship distribution.

It would be nice if he could learn how to use any wings at the offensive 4 though - he keeps trying to mold them all into Sanjay Lumpkin, when there really hasn’t been anyone of that style since he graduated.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Keatts has a good class coming in next year, so he won't get fired even if NC State misses the tournament in the weakest ACC in ages (especially since they're gonna have to fire the football coach next year and you really don't want your two highest-profile searches running concurrently). Still, it'd put way more pressure on next season than there probably needs to be.

At least the women's team is kicking rear end.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

:razorback2: are physically incapable of winning games against other SEC teams

Gave up one against Miss St in the last second

4 one possession losses and 2 OT losses, if Joe hadn’t hurt his knee or if we had a player over 6’8, this season is a lot different

Looking forward to next year, Hogs gonna be fun

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Penn St actually legit good? They're #13 and I dont actually believe it

They're genuinely really good this year. They've been ragdolling the competition in a real tough conference

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

at a bar right now grabbing some hangover food and there’s a pitt-cuse women’s game on; their combined record is 19-31

this is awful how is this the only game on right now

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

looks like there's games on CBS (Michigan Indiana) cbssn and ESPN now

e Iowa Minnesota is the kenpom game of the day looks like and it's on FS1

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

oystertoadfish posted:

e Iowa Minnesota is the kenpom game of the day looks like and it's on FS1

it's bad, Iowa had three good players and one is hurt

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

yeah the score is uh impressive

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Garza is the best Iowa player I've ever seen MV. In another era he'd be an easy lottery pick. Fortunately for you he will probably be back.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

Garza is the best Iowa player I've ever seen MV. In another era he'd be an easy lottery pick. Fortunately for you he will probably be back.

Andre Woolridge in 97 when he led the conference in points and assists is the only one I've seen who is even close. My dad would probably stump for Ronnie Lester or Johnny Johnson over him, but it's not a long list either way.

I dunno if he will come back or not. He can't play in the NBA because he'd get run off the court defensively but he is going to make a shitload of money in Europe. He has a lot of family connections over there and dual Bosnian citizenship through his mom. Could maybe be worth taking a shot at the NBA now and then starting his pro career over there while his stock is as high as it will ever be. But if he comes back then yeah Iowa is going to be really good. They get a bunch of guys back from injury and only lose Kreiner.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That is the worst loving foul call I have ever seen

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If he comes back y'all have a legitimate NC team next year.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

oystertoadfish posted:

get you a point guard who can't shoot but can do silly poo poo like this https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1229121620939362305

Suddenly, Michigan's back to 500 in the Big Ten and might actually make the drat tourney. Livers got hurt again, but an ankle this time and could come back into the game (ineffectively).

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Huge win for Iowa.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

That is the worst loving foul call I have ever seen

Thankfully the ball has never told a lie. Man Iowa needed that win.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The Big Ten is going to be even crazier next year. Thankfully Penn State will fall off a cliff. I don't have a good handle on who declares beyond Oturu, and no idea on transfers. And I think Nebraska and NW lose some seniors. But most of the top teams are returning most of their players.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
26-0.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

if sdsu goes undefeated then the ncaa better fuckin respect them and give them the top overall seed

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kim Jong Il posted:

The Big Ten is going to be even crazier next year. Thankfully Penn State will fall off a cliff. I don't have a good handle on who declares beyond Oturu, and no idea on transfers. And I think Nebraska and NW lose some seniors. But most of the top teams are returning most of their players.

There are a decent number of good seniors. Maryland graduates Cowan finally and probably loses Smith as an early entry. MSU graduates Winston and could maybe lose Henry and Tillman. Michigan graduates Simpson, and I would have said a few months ago probably loses Livers but I bet he comes back now. OSU could maybe lose Wesson. Illinois could maybe lose Dosunmu.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

if sdsu goes undefeated then the ncaa better fuckin respect them and give them the top overall seed

Mountain West Conference, what a gauntlet

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

It's very hard for any college team to go undefeated. Don't be like this

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

I just want the 1 seed in the west over Gonzaga

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
SDSU held Garza to single digits so they have the best defense in the country and will probably win the title

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Andre Woolridge in 97 when he led the conference in points and assists is the only one I've seen who is even close. My dad would probably stump for Ronnie Lester or Johnny Johnson over him, but it's not a long list either way.

I dunno if he will come back or not. He can't play in the NBA because he'd get run off the court defensively but he is going to make a shitload of money in Europe. He has a lot of family connections over there and dual Bosnian citizenship through his mom. Could maybe be worth taking a shot at the NBA now and then starting his pro career over there while his stock is as high as it will ever be. But if he comes back then yeah Iowa is going to be really good. They get a bunch of guys back from injury and only lose Kreiner.

wow disrespecting ricky davis

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

wow disrespecting ricky davis

he abandoned dean oliver and it took me a long time and a lot of dunks to forgive it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealPitino/status/1229180923628969984?s=19

Thanks rick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

San Diego State and Gonzaga to the Pac 16

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gonzaga did just sign a better QB than most of the Pac-12

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Gonzaga has a football team?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

No, but Jalen Suggs, who they just signed, was a high four star QB with a bunch of good P5 offers until it became clear that he was like a top 10 overall basketball prospect and wasn't going to play football in college. Iowa and a few other schools offered him in both sports.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amazing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

No, but Jalen Suggs, who they just signed, was a high four star QB with a bunch of good P5 offers until it became clear that he was like a top 10 overall basketball prospect and wasn't going to play football in college. Iowa and a few other schools offered him in both sports.

Lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

:discourse:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

MourningView posted:

so when's gonzaga getting the death penalty

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

SDSU should be ranked over Kansas, imo.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Rough loss for UNC there.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think I could ever get sick of watching North Carolina lose. Nice 3-12 conference record!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Gotta commend UNC for tanking to get that sweet #1 pick in the NCAA draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Metapod posted:

They did until World War II. This happens to be their last game, played November 22, 1941.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDEhfz2ebvg