Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Leith sounds like a doll for sure

In the immortal words of Gerault of Riveria:

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

oh I’m also compulsive, which pertains to something some people were talking about D1

What are the chances of having 2 compulsive visitors?

##vote Sandwolf

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Seems pretty convenient that his visit to AA failed last night too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wait who else claimed compulsive visitor?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

IcePhoenix flipped compulsive visitor

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow, I guess there are two compulsive visitors.

ETR, Amni indicated the reason my action failed on AA was because of something the scumteam did

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

ETR, Amni indicated the reason my action failed on AA was because of something the scumteam did

ooooooooooooor someone else....

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Sandwolf posted:

You mean the doll going insane and has said nothing that anyone can confirm?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

ooooooooooooor someone else....

I don’t know how to utilize this info!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Eat The Rich posted:

You mean the doll going insane and has said nothing that anyone can confirm?

He’s being coy about it in such a way that I think it’s authentic

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t know how to utilize this info!!

This is unfortunate.

Think sandwolf. I believe in you!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I must away to eat endless meat. Think hard!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m trying but brain dumb sometime

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I’m trying but brain dumb sometime

Just off the top of my head Amni could have jailed you or AA

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
What do you guys think doll means?

##vote dmboogie

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

For the record I’m not under any sort of restriction right now. I do like bad music but is that such a terrible crime? Definitely not liking Sandwolf though, seems like what a doll would be saying. ##vote Sandwolf

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Just kidding

##unvote

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

But really

##vote Sandwolf

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Okay just caught up. I've been busy the past couple of days.

Dragonatrix seems like the vote at this point. They know Gulag's meta despite not playing with them before, which feels like they were told this by scum team chat. Then they never respond after that, clearly trying to lay low.

Amni and Ruggan are both Dolled, but we don't even know what that means fully. In addition to the PR, it could be that if they are cuddled, then cult gets to convert an extra person or something. Seems best to go for the scummy people.

##vote Dragonatrix

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Dmboogie I think I’m gonna need you to claim.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What do we think the doll is? I didn’t realize ip flipped “doll” or whatever. Could that be cult?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Dmboogie I think I’m gonna need you to claim.

why?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't have a good read on anyone right now and my role is really limited. Leave me alone at night! lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Honestly, shouldn't be in two games this large with overlapping players, but alas.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I have like 20-ish hours of posts to read properly, but just gonna do this based on my quick skimming of the first posts since then and the most recent ones now. These're probably a bit scattershot because it is already after 1am and I'm hella tired:

I didn't respond at first because I went to bed on account of last posting at about half 2 in the morning. I've been busy pretty much all day today, so I haven't had much time since.

Apparently reading posts in this thread is now suspicious? I think that's kinda absurd, personally, but whatever. You do you, I suppose. :shrug:

I really wanna congratulate whoever came up with either the multiple PRs, or least the idea for Amni to take advantage of IP's confirmed PR. You managed to find a way to derail this game in quite possibly one of the least interesting ways I could never have conceived of.

Considering I already know that I'm gonna be busy at work tomorrow, there's a non-zero chance that I'll just straight up fail to hit the post-count requirement today anyway. You may have noticed, but I'm not much of a "post a lot in rapid succession" kinda gal and at the moment I'm inclined to think I'm not gonna get another 10 7 posts that I'd consider worthwhile. Hammer is at 3am my time, which sure doesn't help much there either. Cuddle me today if you want, or take the almost guaranteed freebie tomorrow. No skin off my nose either way.

Why yes I am kinda losing enthusiasm for this game in general, really, now that I'm taking the time to just sit down for a moment and think about it some. The PR stuff is a big source of that really; general consensus has devolved to "talking about anything other than this one thing is functionally anathema". Or that's how it looks to me right now anyway. Doesn't help that if I've understood it correctly, my role is super boring and could just be outright vanilla for all the meaningful difference it wouldn't make.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Because I think you may have something to do with the doll

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

I have like 20-ish hours of posts to read properly, but just gonna do this based on my quick skimming of the first posts since then and the most recent ones now. These're probably a bit scattershot because it is already after 1am and I'm hella tired:

I didn't respond at first because I went to bed on account of last posting at about half 2 in the morning. I've been busy pretty much all day today, so I haven't had much time since.

Apparently reading posts in this thread is now suspicious? I think that's kinda absurd, personally, but whatever. You do you, I suppose. :shrug:

I really wanna congratulate whoever came up with either the multiple PRs, or least the idea for Amni to take advantage of IP's confirmed PR. You managed to find a way to derail this game in quite possibly one of the least interesting ways I could never have conceived of.

Considering I already know that I'm gonna be busy at work tomorrow, there's a non-zero chance that I'll just straight up fail to hit the post-count requirement today anyway. You may have noticed, but I'm not much of a "post a lot in rapid succession" kinda gal and at the moment I'm inclined to think I'm not gonna get another 10 7 posts that I'd consider worthwhile. Hammer is at 3am my time, which sure doesn't help much there either. Cuddle me today if you want, or take the almost guaranteed freebie tomorrow. No skin off my nose either way.

Why yes I am kinda losing enthusiasm for this game in general, really, now that I'm taking the time to just sit down for a moment and think about it some. The PR stuff is a big source of that really; general consensus has devolved to "talking about anything other than this one thing is functionally anathema". Or that's how it looks to me right now anyway. Doesn't help that if I've understood it correctly, my role is super boring and could just be outright vanilla for all the meaningful difference it wouldn't make.

i think dragon is town from this. ##vote dmboogie

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm very interested in ETR who seems to fully understand the value of a free lunch when GK was in the hot seat but didn't want to do it.

Eat The Rich posted:

I'd like to give GK a chance to make some posts before voting him.

Eat The Rich posted:

Yeah. It's been 43 hours now. Looking at his past games, he was fairly active.

Eat The Rich posted:

Yeah. I'm not really liking Hums responses.

I don't think voting GK is a good idea today either.

##vote Hum

Now that he is in the hot seat, he doesn't understand it.

Eat The Rich posted:

Some questions: What's a free lunch? Am I less votes or just the normal amount? Am I getting modkilled at the end of the day regardless?

Any theories on who's writing the headlines?

I'll be back in a bit. I'm DD tonight.

Eat The Rich posted:

Oh. I see. Thanks. Totally wouldn't blame anyone if they voted me.

I still think Amni is a good choice. Maybe wait until tomorrow if this is true. It could also be his way of delaying the vote.

His case on merk just seems like cult trying to push a vote towards town.

Why wouldn't you want to lunch Amni after he basically admits he's cult?

If ETR didn't understand the concept of a free lunch, then why didn't they raise that questions before deciding against voting for GK.

They are at 9 posts today so they are contributing a little but not a lot.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

Because I think you may have something to do with the doll

compulsive visitor

i feel this might be like umineko where there were a bunch of compulsive visitors to confuse watchers and trackers in the night

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I originally thought that GK was getting modkilled no matter what, which is why I asked for clarification today. I thought if we voted GK, the day would end as well.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

What do we think the doll is? I didn’t realize ip flipped “doll” or whatever. Could that be cult?

i feel like it's definitely related to cult, but not the cult itself? when Ice flipped they were town AND a doll, whatever that means. maybe the cult benefits from having more dolls alive at once? or for having the dolls be destroyed? who knows???

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

I'm sorry that I've made your game less fun :(. It was not my intention to make the game unemployable for people.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Amnistar posted:

I'm sorry that I've made your game less fun :(. It was not my intention to make the game unemployable for people.

It’s a game not a job

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote dragonatrix

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Actually ##unvote I have no f*cking idea what I’m doing right now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

We had this whole arguement D1 :psyduck:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

We had this whole arguement D1 :psyduck:

Well D1 turned out to be bullshit with Steak making up stuff about his role and IP being the only one who is confirmed to have it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That dragonatrix post was decent and felt pretty town.

Since we haven't had any nightkills if I'm not mistaken I think there is a good chance that there may not be any nightkills and it's just a recruitment game we are up against.

Like what if dolls are stuck with whatever this PR is but they can recruit one person each every night until they have a majority or everyone in the game or some such thing.

That's probably not it exactly since that seems like it would be unstoppable after a couple days but we should consider the possibility that something non-traditonal is happening (even by cult standards)

Or scum have just been real unlucky and that's all it is

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

In fact I will go ahead and just say I am also a compulsive visitor and perhaps doll is a passive effect and you get it by visiting a doll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

In fact I will go ahead and just say I am also a compulsive visitor and perhaps doll is a passive effect and you get it by visiting a doll

I did my best to save people...but alas I have lost my keys.