Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Two new guns are both good. Just don't put the 300mm barrel on the not-UMP, it decreases the range by 10% instead of increasing it :downs: The ADS is so quick with a stippled grip equivalent I don't think you'd want anything but the 400mm anyway

Finally saw my first cheater. His snap to people was far too consistent and good every time even if it wasn't locking on for headshots. Guy was consistently getting 5+ kills back to back and aiming at people with very little notice. Not the obvious pre aim or headshots but way too consistent over and over

Carecat fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dataminers have picked up on BR weekly challenges and missions. In addition to this, there 9 weeks worth of MP challenges (compared to 8 weeks of BR weekly challenges) so it looks like next tuesday is going to be the BR drop.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The 25th?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RCarr posted:

The 25th?

18th would line up with the the challenge / playlist reset. 21st was the first rumored release to line up with the weekend.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
drat, the Gilded Holger is one ballin rear end gun. Leveling up the battle pass was worth it for this skin alone.

Look at this thing, it's like Deus Ex Human Revolution in gun form. :whatup:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

18th would line up with the the challenge / playlist reset. 21st was the first rumored release to line up with the weekend.

Of course when I am out of the country.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
The new AR is broken in such a good way. Been abusing it because the nerf will come either tomorrow or soon after.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My favorite feature of this game is when you get frozen at the menu for 15 seconds straight once every minute.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The new AR is broken in such a good way. Been abusing it because the nerf will come either tomorrow or soon after.

It's honestly fine? Worse than the TAR/M4 up close, but with better dropoff ranges, so it's better midrange.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Akimbo snakeshots is a blast. :getin:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Trying the Oden properly for the first time and holy hell it's good, but that is some big boy recoil.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Once you get the AK recoil control attachments it’s a fun gun.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Saw a dude today that was already rank 154

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Saw a dude today that was already rank 154

unemployed 24/7

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I haven’t even been able to play for like three days and I’m frankly concerned about whether I will even be able to unlock both guns before the battle pass ends :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frog Act posted:

I haven’t even been able to play for like three days and I’m frankly concerned about whether I will even be able to unlock both guns before the battle pass ends :(

The guns are at tiers 15 and 31 and you still have over 50 days for the season to end. You're fine. And if last season is any indication if for some reason you can't get the guns / play at all, they become unlockable via challenges once the season ends

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Grau 5.56 feels a bit anemic to me. I’m still doing well with it but I don’t see what makes it better than any of the other options I have available.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

veni veni veni posted:

unemployed 24/7

Rude

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Best snack for COD are those peanut butter pretzel puffs you get at Costco in a big tub.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You are part of the working world now Gary.

So akimbo 357 challenge is hosed for me. It’s been stuck at 4 out of 5 matches for the last 4 matches. loving infuriating.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Grau 5.56 feels a bit anemic to me. I’m still doing well with it but I don’t see what makes it better than any of the other options I have available.

It has abnormally long damage falloff ranges for a 5.56 AR combined with very good movement speed and ADS stats, and you can slap +40% range on it basically for free once you have the medium barrel unlocked.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Whenever I inject the stim shot, I pretend it's insulin.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I take back anything nice I’ve said about Rust this week. Map is dog poo poo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rust is great, especially when people spawn directly in view of the tower while someone (you) is sitting on it and you can just kill them in the 0.5 seconds it takes to realize they've respawned. The ruins also have lots of great little parkour spots like on top of the house next to the ladder and the pipe at the very far end.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rust sucks for actually playing the game but awesome to level up everything.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

You are part of the working world now Gary.

So akimbo 357 challenge is hosed for me. It’s been stuck at 4 out of 5 matches for the last 4 matches. loving infuriating.

Did you try restarting the game? That usually fixed busted challenge counts.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Housh posted:

Best snack for COD are those peanut butter pretzel puffs you get at Costco in a big tub.

You're sadly mistaken. The actual answer is Dorito's and Mountain Dew.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I was really hating Rust because I'm an older player so I tend to get poo poo on by the teens that run all over the map with SMG's/725's and just insta-gib but I've started to love it by just backing out until I get an objective game mode and sitting on the top of the tower with my weapon of choice + fully loaded and getting a chopper gunner/gunship at least once a game or so.

Am I a bad person? Yeah

Am I having fun? Also yeah

Will I stop any time soon? No

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I was really hating Rust because I'm an older player so I tend to get poo poo on by the teens that run all over the map with SMG's/725's and just insta-gib but I've started to love it by just backing out until I get an objective game mode and sitting on the top of the tower with my weapon of choice + fully loaded and getting a chopper gunner/gunship at least once a game or so.

Am I a bad person? Yeah

Am I having fun? Also yeah

Will I stop any time soon? No

My new shtick is to call in a juggernaut up there.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
After playing it more my opinion on Rust is I think it might actually have more spawnkilling than Shipment does between the tower and how much of the map is open sightlines.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

After playing it more my opinion on Rust is I think it might actually have more spawnkilling than Shipment does between the tower and how much of the map is open sightlines.

I wouldn't say it's more, but it's more annoying because you are more likely to get repeatedly spawn killed without being able to take anyone with you. At least in shipment your just as likely to get a free triple kill as getting spawn killed.

I was having fun with it at first, and in a good game you can get a ton of kills but it can just be so obnoxious especially if you are stuck on the bad team.

As far as completely idiotic grindy maps go, I'll take shipment over rust, and as far as actual good close quarters maps go I'll take shoot house. Rust is a turd.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Shipment is a better grind map than rust will ever be

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Just finished a tournament in runner up position and now it's stuck on the post tourney bracket still saying 'waiting for other players to ready up' and threatens me with a penalty if I quit?

I want that charm reward, will I still get it if I quit or should I wait or what

Edit: I quit and still had the rewards

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 17, 2020

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
drat akimbo pistols feels really good to use. Very Goldeneye.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

we all thought they got rid of loot boxes from games but COD has just made the maps themselves the lootbox. sometimes you spawn and win (get some kills) most of the time you spawn and lose (just die again)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does aiming stability have any value for anything not using a sniper scope?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does aiming stability have any value for anything not using a sniper scope?

It’s the amount you sway when you ADS in general. Scope or not.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah outside of maybe pistols, aim stabilization/aim walking stability are useless. I will always give up aim stability for recoil control.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Headquarters on rust is so dumb. When you destroy the enemy headquarter, the whole team spawns at once, like 4 m from your position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

Headquarters on rust is so dumb. When you destroy the enemy headquarter, the whole team spawns at once, like 4 m from your position.

Everything on Rust is dumb. I haven't played a single game on it that wasn't a huge clusterfuck.