Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

No Narcos Mexico thread? Or did I just miss it on mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Slink the MC continues to be the real star of the show up until the end.

How are you watching it? I remember when the show was on they would have some fake ads set in the Blood Drive "universe" during commercial breaks, I'm curious if they're worked in at all.

At least some of the episodes also included viewer complaints that I am pretty sure were real.

No commercials, sadly (at least up to episode 3). Guess I have some YouTubing to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone watching The Sinner? I really enjoy the show, this season has SA favorite Matt Boner in it.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I already mentioned that my wife calls Evil "The Catholic X-Files".

I was putting on an episode and she turned and said "The Truth is up there" and laughed at her own joke. I married a dad, y'all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

your wife sounds cool

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
is Locke and Key worth a look?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I am so glad I didn't end up bailing on Stumptown because this week's episode was so goddamn good. They better bring back Eoin Macken.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

escape artist posted:

Yes, I've read the comics and I've been enjoying it. I think some of the casting is a little off, particularly it focuses a lot on Bode at the beginning and that kid is not a great actor, but I think it gets there eventually.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arist posted:

your wife sounds cool

wanna marry that wife

wait

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

escape artist posted:

I just finished it, my verdict would be yes. It walks the line between a kid-friendly show and horror but ultimately I enjoyed it, even though it had some big problems IMO.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm currently at some regional knock off of The Voice that I'm pretty sure isn't officially affiliated but they sure are using the name and logo.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

You gonna narc, you big narc?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm only here to support a co-worker. So, yes.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

zoux posted:

FP Jr. loving loves Star Wars too, him and Witwer are both huge fans of the franchise and you can tell through their performance.

He must have been so stoked to learn he (or at least his voice, but still) was going to be in an actual Star Wars movie.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

I'm only here to support a co-worker. So, yes.

Well that's fine, I don't actually care one way or the other, "narc" is just a fun word to say. Narcie narc narcer mcnarcinson, narc it up

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The stupidest part of the whole show is that they keep saying where people are from even though it is a regional show.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

No Narcos Mexico thread? Or did I just miss it on mobile.

I always found it a little weird that a show about real life characters had a disclaimer saying that any resemblance to real life characters were coincidental.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

I always found it a little weird that a show about real life characters had a disclaimer saying that any resemblance to real life characters were coincidental.

https://slate.com/culture/2016/08/the-bizarre-true-story-behind-the-this-is-a-work-of-fiction-disclaimer.html

It's because of Rasputin.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I had forgotten JD was a tremendous, enormous, horrible jerk who really shouldn’t have friends

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also why does Hulu only have the super sd version like I downloaded the sumbitch over kazaa

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Hulu said there was a problem billing my card, I hit the rebill thing, the money came out and I can see the charge in my hulu account history, but it’s acting like I haven’t paid. Hulu kind of annoys me.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Calaveron posted:

Also why does Hulu only have the super sd version like I downloaded the sumbitch over kazaa

Because that's all there is. Scrubs was SD until season 8 and the early seasons haven't been remastered and likely won't be at this point.

Scrubs was also only shot on 16mm, so while there will be some gains going to HD, it's always going to be very grainy and lower resolution than most contemporary shows.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

SimonChris posted:

It's because of Rasputin.

It usually is.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
That He-Man cast is loving ridiculous. So many awesome names

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What are some of the funniest non-sitcoms on TV right now? I'm looking for something charming and fun after rewatching a few episodes of Galavant and Jack of All Trades.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 17, 2020

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Robert Conrad died last week and they've been playing Wild Wild West on the Decades tv network and this show kinda rules?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

feedmyleg posted:

What are some of the funniest non-sitcoms on TV right now? I'm looking for something charming and fun after rewatching a few episodes of Galavant and Jack of All Trades.

Have you watched PEN15?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Final season of Strike Back started again this week. Any goons watching?

Kinda fascinating the way the show had a "final" season three years back, and now it's back for another go at it with this new crew. I get the feeling that it's forced the show to find a new way to tell a final season, and we're going to get a more personal story this time around. Odd fit for the show, which is normally dumb and meaty, but I don't hate it.

Also that kitchen fight was fwwwoah.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
The series premiere of Duncanville just aired on Fox.

It was decent, I can see the show having potential. I just hope Disney doesn't shut it down too soon.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That He-Man cast is just as amazing as the Dark Crystal cast, and it just makes me think Netflix are putting their money behind another weird 80s fantasy property instead of making a second season of Dark Crystal.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

So far, the best part of Avenue 5 is Zach Woods' customer service character that's having a gradual mental breakdown. He's consistently the best part of the show.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Avenue Five was so hosed up this week. That was genuinely upsetting and could have gone so so much worse. Holy gently caress.

Vanderdeath posted:

So far, the best part of Avenue 5 is Zach Woods' customer service character that's having a gradual mental breakdown. He's consistently the best part of the show.

He's doing that deliberately I reckon.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Vanderdeath posted:

Zach Woods is hilarious but I can’t think of anything outside of Veep where he’s playing someone that’s not mid-mental breakdown.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Rewatched a few episodes of Making History last night. The first two episodes are so strong but, man, they really followed the wrong storyline there as it went on. Instead of making it a mediocre modern-set sitcom about 3 time traveling buddies who hop to different eras, it could've been a really great story about some fuckups having to re-start the American Revolution. If it just stuck with the colonial setting I think it would've had more of a focus and probably wouldn't have been tossed aside so easily.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Zach Woods is hilarious but I can’t think of anything outside of Veep where he’s playing someone that’s not mid-mental breakdown.

As a fan of him from the improv world, that's certainly the area he seems most comfortable in.

precision posted:

Have you watched PEN15?

I hear it's great, but it still feels firmly in the sitcom zone for me. I've been watching some of the comedy episodes of 90s camp shows like Hercules: The Legendary Journies and such and they're so fun. Raimi as a producer was just a blast, and Ash vs. Evil Dead was a great modern version of that same stuff. I'm just craving fun, charming camp that isn't in a traditional sitcom package.

I was hoping for something that was hilarious but not an overt sitcom—like a hilarious spy romp or something. Black Monday is one that I've had sitting in my mind for a while that I'd consider along these lines.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 17, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I was actually surprised by how well everything went on A5 this week! Thought they were gonna take Benjamin Button and poo poo HIM OUT! :argh:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Open Source Idiom posted:

Final season of Strike Back started again this week. Any goons watching?

Kinda fascinating the way the show had a "final" season three years back, and now it's back for another go at it with this new crew. I get the feeling that it's forced the show to find a new way to tell a final season, and we're going to get a more personal story this time around. Odd fit for the show, which is normally dumb and meaty, but I don't hate it.

Also that kitchen fight was fwwwoah.
Thanks for letting us know about the new season, the Strike Back team should go and help Carrie rescue Saul on Homeland.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I was actually surprised by how well everything went on A5 this week! Thought they were gonna take Benjamin Button and poo poo HIM OUT! :argh:

I expected him to start floating in the window behind Hugh Laurie as he was telling the crew to bring him back down, he was off screen for juuuuust long enough

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hakkesshu posted:

That He-Man cast is just as amazing as the Dark Crystal cast, and it just makes me think Netflix are putting their money behind another weird 80s fantasy property instead of making a second season of Dark Crystal.

They can afford both

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally got around to watching Peaky Blinders

It's p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

I expected him to start floating in the window behind Hugh Laurie as he was telling the crew to bring him back down, he was off screen for juuuuust long enough

Yeah that poo poo was tense.