Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TakenForGranite
Jan 13, 2015
I was about to question how Bev was able to use revivify despite Pelor being dead... but then again, he has that connection to the Dusk Mother so It makes sense. He's got two dads to avenge now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

TakenForGranite posted:

I was about to question how Bev was able to use revivify despite Pelor being dead... but then again, he has that connection to the Dusk Mother so It makes sense. He's got two dads to avenge now.

My theory is that in casting revivify (which Thieala totally knew he would cast and orchestrated the moment) he was reaching out with his heart in desperation to a higher power that could help bring Erlan back to life. Pelor wasn’t there to answer his prayer, but a certain new goddess on the scene was...

Beverly now draws his Paladin powers from Thieala. It also explains why Erlan was so horrified when he came back; he feels that connection to her. No idea what that’ll mean going forward but that’s my prediction!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

TakenForGranite posted:

My thought was that somehow his using revivify was part of the ritual that killed Pelor and he was tricked into doing it himself

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

My theory is that in casting revivify (which Thieala totally knew he would cast and orchestrated the moment) he was reaching out with his heart in desperation to a higher power that could help bring Erlan back to life. Pelor wasn’t there to answer his prayer, but a certain new goddess on the scene was...

Beverly now draws his Paladin powers from Thieala. It also explains why Erlan was so horrified when he came back; he feels that connection to her. No idea what that’ll mean going forward but that’s my prediction!

murph was just directly saying bev's de-powered right now in the aftershow, so it didn't seem like it was some master plan like that. maybe pelor just wasn't all the way dead yet

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I've been catching up on some of the extra-content from the tail end of last year over the past few days (the second Bagging It with Balnor, the Christmas special and the Quiz) and jesus Emily is low key crazy at times. Her taking the fact the scores in the quiz were all separated by two and immediately latching on to the idea that their scores represented their ages as a family was hilariously weird and just completely dominated the entire rest of the episode after that point. Caldwell becoming "Crazy Connor" and everyone trying to make sure it worked out (at least, until the very end) was great. Amir's betrayal at the end of the special causing a TPK was great too and I can't wait until the next special: I'm really hoping the entire cast do end up rolling new characters to try, with Amir coming back as a new character to try and take down Rusgak.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

tsob posted:

I've been catching up on some of the extra-content from the tail end of last year over the past few days (the second Bagging It with Balnor, the Christmas special and the Quiz) and jesus Emily is low key crazy at times.
She was much more unfiltered on 8-bit Book Club if you want to see how crazy it can get

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
If you finish your piano practice you can have a little cereal.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Threep posted:

She was much more unfiltered on 8-bit Book Club if you want to see how crazy it can get

I listened to a few episodes and just didn't find it that engaging. More than that, I'd honestly have though I couldn't get tired of listening to them before trying "8 Bit Book Club", but some episodes, including the Sonic ones so often recommended, just made the cast boring to listen to in my opinion. I probably will try some more at some point, but it's definitely not high on my list of podcasts at the same time.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Big Moonshine in hell vibes from Laura Bailey on Critical Role last night.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
glad I'm not the only one who made that connection

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I haven't listened yet, but the new Mixed Bag is DM'd by Emily. No Jake, yes Siobhan and Brennan.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I actually found Emily's game hard to listen to at times, I think because she affects a really flat voice for a few of her NPCs to add to the air of horror and mystery she wants to build. Hilga, especially. Other than that, it's fun and I really enjoyed Brennan's character. He seems like he wanted to try and build a cool, gruff character a bit like Deadeye, and then turned out to be the smallest character in a group of giants and that Brennan spun that in to a complex for the sake of comedy; along with his hatred of innocent things in spooky situations. I also got really thrown a few times near the start, because Siobhan's character is just called "Girl", but I had forgotten that after the introduction so when Emily refers to "You notice this Girl", or "Girl you do this" etc. I thought she just had a really Valley-girl-esque speaking manner with Siobhan or something.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
“I am my wife’s XP cow and she’s going to milk me”

- Brian “Murph” Murphy, 2020

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

timp posted:

“I am my wife’s XP cow and she’s going to milk me”

- Brian “Murph” Murphy, 2020

Lmao

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Emily pulling the dumbest move ever against the astral dreadnought burning her only seventh level spell to basically exit the fight in any meaningful way, holy god drat.

Althouhh the Balnor flavor for the episode was EXCELLENT

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
In short rest, they come to discover that technically Emily should not have been permitted to pull that dumb move, had Murph paid better attention to the Monster's abilities/limitations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I just started the latest episode, and I can't tell if it's that Emily is just that smart, or if she's just completely inside Brian's head, or both, but I love how she figured out his Balnor twist in the beginning literally before he could even finish his sentence and started yelling at him before he could even confirm or deny that she was right

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I appreciated how Brian specifically addressed the fighting your own character and how it could make people salty because I’ve done that before and lmao did people get mad when I the DM beat them with their own character

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I absolutely want the BOB fighting a thousand kobolds.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Short Rest 90:

Caldwell: "Nipples ARE a tool and I have proficiencyyyyy" then tweaks his nipples, cementing both the Short Rest and Caldwell as both hilarious and immediately needing to be tossed into the sun

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1229494407042387968

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Can’t wait to see what this is all about. I don’t remember where exactly because I consume such an insane amount of content from these guys, but I remember hearing a couple people involved with D20 say something to the effect of “I can’t believe this was even possible as DnD” I think it was maybe Emily describing how mentally exhausted she was after each session. What could it possibly be??

Oh btw for anyone who hasn’t checked out Tiny Heist yet, DO IIIIT

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Every season of Dimension 20 is fantastic. Everyone should get a Dropout account and binge watch all of them.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Tenik posted:

Every season of Dimension 20 is fantastic. Everyone should get a Dropout account and binge watch all of them.

But will my bones be ok if I do so? I don't want anything to happen to my bones.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

It’s Game of Thrones meets Candyland. “A Crown of Candy”

Certainly not what I was expecting but I’m here for it! Judging by some of those clips it looks like some pretty wild poo poo goes down

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

timp posted:

It’s Game of Thrones meets Candyland. “A Crown of Candy”

Certainly not what I was expecting but I’m here for it! Judging by some of those clips it looks like some pretty wild poo poo goes down

I think Emily said she had an intense emotional moment in this season which seems insane now given the setting

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

High as gently caress or literally just been crying? We can't wait to find out what Punished Siobhan's deal is.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Episode 1: this crazy lady's possum is scrambling everywhere
Episode 91: tearful scene where lady wills everything she owns to the possum so he can give kids the chances she never got

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I couldn’t quite bring myself to cry because she was talking to a possum and that’s still very funny to me

Same issue with the pendergreens scene, because murph’s voice for that character is too funny for me to get sad at

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 21, 2020

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was at the store when Moonshine teared up when talking to Pawpaw. I had to find a corner and chill out for a sec. it just hit me perfectly since a pet of mine just died and... gently caress, man.

I have a huge crush on Emily. Like, the only actual celebrity crush I have is on a podcast lunatic.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Inzombiac posted:

I was at the store when Moonshine teared up when talking to Pawpaw. I had to find a corner and chill out for a sec. it just hit me perfectly since a pet of mine just died and... gently caress, man.

I have a huge crush on Emily. Like, the only actual celebrity crush I have is on a podcast lunatic.

Same.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Inzombiac posted:

I can't say as I feel like I have a crush on her, but I do think she's a great D'n'D player and love "watching" her work. This episode made me love the relationship between Moonshine and Pendergreens too, despite how dopey he is. That said, a lot of that was specifically because of something Murph brought to the table, rather than something Emily was doing i.e. Pendergreen's admission that hanging around with Moonshine made him feel like a better person and that maybe after she takes the crown, he'll hang around on Earth and come down to hell in the future to redeem her; just like she's redeeming him. I love that idea, and it seems really sweet to me. In fact, my new hope is that season two of NaDDPod is another Bahumia campaign and someone plays a reincarnation of Pendergeens given he talks about how he reincarnates at times during this episode. Which, I know they don't intend to do a Bahumia campaign, but I hope for anyway, just because I'd love to see one of them play a Pendergreens who has the demon Moonshine as a patron (whether as a warlock, priest etc) and who can decide whether that relationship makes them better or not through play rather than just implying it.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Does anyone have the clip of Brennan Lee Mulligan saying "Emily is the greatest roleplayer who has ever lived, and she was sent from hell to kill me"?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Enjoyed the latest soad, and I agree with everyone that Emily is great

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Are the mixed bags worth it? I like the short rests, I'm just trying to decide if I want to splurge and go to 10 bucks a month.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
In the Bag with Balnor are great mixed bags. They also had one about FFVII Advent Children which was good too

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

seaborgium posted:

Are the mixed bags worth it? I like the short rests, I'm just trying to decide if I want to splurge and go to 10 bucks a month.

They truly are a mixed bag, from a quality standpoint as well.

The media reviews are usually pretty good, but maybe not if you haven’t seen what they’re reviewing. Any one shot DnD campaigns are typically solid imo, like the battle royale of 1/4 CR enemies or the one Emily DMed, and the more random ones like trivia or DnD rules crunch are personally my speed.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The Donkey Kong one shot was good also

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Not Operator posted:

Does anyone have the clip of Brennan Lee Mulligan saying "Emily is the greatest roleplayer who has ever lived, and she was sent from hell to kill me"?

If the link doesn't take you to the right time stamp it starts at 54:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY8VqiswElI&t=3252s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

myron cope posted:

The Donkey Kong one shot was good also

That was fantastic, but you don’t have to be at the $10 tier to get it. I forget if it’s free or a $5 reward.