Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Good, I'll be able to watch The Big One live after work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/josefnewgarden/status/1229146882758320128

https://twitter.com/josefnewgarden/status/1229148460651286529

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

We actually have racing and racing-related stuff to watch tonight here: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Would’ve been funnier had he used a pic of groverhaus.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Frond posted:

Not defending the FIA however - they raced in Apartheid South Africa until 1985(!) and historically turned a blind eye to repression.

Hilariously the only boycott was Haas driver Alan Jones chucking a sicky on race day.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gret posted:

Would’ve been funnier had he used a pic of groverhaus.

Don't think he wants to out himself, yet.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

algebra testes posted:

Hilariously the only boycott was Haas driver Alan Jones chucking a sicky on race day.

didn’t the French teams pull out because the Mitterrand government heavily backed Ligier/Renault, and were officially involved in BDS?

(Also the only reason Jones called in sick was because Beatrice Foods, who sponsored his team, preferred not to race as the alternative would have been the Rev. Jesse Jackson backing a company-wide strike)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Speaking of Trump and Idiots:

quote:

“I understand that kind of criticism, but there is no other sports league that gets any criticism like that,” said France, of the time he spent at the track. “I’ve always found that a bit interesting that no one else asks another commissioner how many football games or practices he made.”

While many in the sport felt France seemed removed from the responsibilities of leadership, France believed that based on the goals he set for the company and his focus on the commercial side, his physical presence at the track was not required on a weekly basis. He took exception to criticism that his absence at the track meant NASCAR wasn’t communicating enough with the industry, noting that NASCAR formed unprecedented councils for tracks, drivers, teams and car manufacturers on his watch.

quote:

France proudly uses his background at NASCAR to frame the ethos of Silver Falcon. On the company’s new website, it touts: “We know what it’s like to be an underdog! Against big odds, we took a small, regional sport and grew NASCAR into a multi-billion-dollar global sports entertainment property.”

France has set up a new LinkedIn account, where he’s listed as a “business executive with more than 20 years of experience in the sports industry,” who “implemented new marketing, safety and environmental initiatives that helped establish NASCAR as one of the most successful organizations in sports and entertainment.”

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2020/02/17/Finance/France.aspx

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 17, 2020

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Drone cam is neat, sure, but mostly useless when everybody is going flat out around an oval.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Reynold posted:

Drone cam is neat, sure, but mostly useless when everybody is going flat out around an oval.

Drone cam is great for road courses and rovals. I would honestly love to see it at places like Sebring or Road America, especially to show the different class battles and speed differences.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
A non-race fan asked for betting tips. I said maybe Denny, all of the Joe Gibbs cars would run up front, except Erik Jones would gently caress it up. Come home to see halfway and I nailed it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Who got NASCAR in my Monday?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my cat sitting in my lap is paying more attention to the race than I am. there must be something about the colors of the cars because he's absolutely glued to the TV right now

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
One of my cats and youngest dog have been doing the same thing, and they've never gave a poo poo. Wonder what it is.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
LMAO what the gently caress

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

and there's the crash

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:worship::devil:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Joey's dumbass caused it, wrecked his teammate who had a great chance to win, and escaped it
lollllllllllllll

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
And Joey wrecks Keselowski, should be a fun interview

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverImpossibleEggYouWHY

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Does the 10 blow a front left or something before getting jammed? https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenBelovedWatermelonArsonNoSexy

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my thoughts while watching the first race in a good long while:

-drat I just noticed the classic Ward Burton CAT scheme in the field, that thing owns
-do you think the guy racing the #3 feels a lot of pressure to live up to that number's legacy

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

my thoughts while watching the first race in a good long while:

-drat I just noticed the classic Ward Burton CAT scheme in the field, that thing owns
-do you think the guy racing the #3 feels a lot of pressure to live up to that number's legacy

In the sense of keeping his ride, never since he's the owner's grandson. Austin probably knows he won't get 7 championships, but he can toot his horn already having a 500 win a few years back.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

Does the 10 blow a front left or something before getting jammed? https://clips.twitch.tv/FrozenBelovedWatermelonArsonNoSexy

Just looks to me like Joey is a loving dumbass

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

They're finna wreck again

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

They're finna wreck again

It’s a bingo!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

77 just lost it

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s a bingo!

Just glad the 22 got his comeuppance rather than a win

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol at Jimmie making GBS threads on Logano

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Would love a Bubba or Bowyer win here.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Douchebag posted:

Would love a Bubba or Bowyer win here.

Nix bowyer.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

holy poo poo that ending

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
What a loving disaster

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

think he should have sat on that burnout until newman was out of the car.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

big nipples big life posted:

yeah what the gently caress

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Who got upside-down? That driver is still not out. Looked like he was about to be in an inferno with the fuel leaking out.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Newman learns his lesson about blocking.

Any other driver and I'd probably feel bad, but no neck Koch sponsor can eat a loving fat one.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

iwentdoodie posted:

Newman learns his lesson about blocking.

Any other driver and I'd probably feel bad, but no neck Koch sponsor can eat a loving fat one.
Is Newman alive?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I'm dumb about racing fuel. How on earth was that not an inferno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted: