Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Newman still isn't out, drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
That slow mo looked really loving bad.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

Newman learns his lesson about blocking.

Any other driver and I'd probably feel bad, but no neck Koch sponsor can eat a loving fat one.

what a lovely loving post.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Jesus he took a driver side hit upside down.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

i didn't realize he got hit while on his top, so ugly

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Newman learns his lesson about blocking.

Any other driver and I'd probably feel bad, but no neck Koch sponsor can eat a loving fat one.

You’re the human equivalent of a dumpster fire

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dik Hz posted:

Is Newman alive?

Dude has made his career out of throwing lovely blocks, and has never showed an ounce of remorse or given a poo poo no matter what happens. The times I've met him he was an absolute cock even to his fans.

Like I'm not hoping he died, but poo poo like that is the eventual result of racing like that and not once being punished for it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Suck my dick lol.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

That is bad, that roll cage was compromised on that second hit :(

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
They take you to Halifax because they have to, not because they can. I have a sinking feeling.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Everyone is super subdued. I hope Newman is alive.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Blaney was shook during that interview.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

They take you to Halifax because they have to, not because they can. I have a sinking feeling.

Halifax is the closest trauma ready hospital as well. Even though advent health is a big sponsor Halifax has the closest trauma center.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

just saw a replay on twitter and holy poo poo that looked bad

did not like how that rollcage looked while the car was sliding

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

iwentdoodie posted:

Dude has made his career out of throwing lovely blocks, and has never showed an ounce of remorse or given a poo poo no matter what happens. The times I've met him he was an absolute cock even to his fans.

Like I'm not hoping he died, but poo poo like that is the eventual result of racing like that and not once being punished for it.
Y'know, any time you you follow up "I'm not hoping he's dead" with a "but", you should be aware of how hosed up your opinions are.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bad bad bad bad bad this sucks

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://twitter.com/WendyVenturini/status/1229571917759307777

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

A pillar/roof hit on the second hit right? That’s bad and I hope he’s ok. I like racing and I don’t want to relive 2001.

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

that was really loving bad goddamn poo poo

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

yikkkkkes that was a bad hit after he was already flipped. I hope he's gonna be ok :(

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Sheesh. Gordon seemed near tears during that last shot in the booth.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Douchebag posted:

A pillar/roof hit on the second hit right? That’s bad and I hope he’s ok. I like racing and I don’t want to relive 2001.

Me neither and it's clear everyone is worried about a repeat of 2001.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Holy poo poo, how did the fuel from Newman's car not light?

I don't watch a lot of races, so question for the regulars- when there's fuel pouring out of a crashed car right next to a flame, does the director always cue up the shot that's zooming IN?

Because holy poo poo, the pit in my stomach from watching that closing shot, clutching my 3 year old I brought out to watch the last two laps of some vroom vroom race cars before bed...

glyph fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 18, 2020

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i seriously can't imagine how lajoie and blaney feel right now

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Read they put screens up around his car when they took him out. I bet that’s why Gordon sounded like he did, he knows it’s bad when they do that.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Rip Testes posted:

Me neither and it's clear everyone is worried about a repeat of 2001.

I feel dumb for saying something about reliving 2001, wasn’t even trying to be an idiot about that. I don’t want to see any of these guys get hurt, at any level. Racing is fun and cool.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Is fox really not doing post-race on fs1 or fs2

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

mattfl posted:

Read they put screens up around his car when they took him out. I bet that’s why Gordon sounded like he did, he knows it’s bad when they do that.
They wouldn't have flipped the car over if he was dead, right?

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Thoughts and prayers are being dispensed with great gusto on twitter

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

mattfl posted:

https://twitter.com/JKepnerWFTV/status/1229572469138350080

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

mattfl posted:

yep, good lord this is bad

https://twitter.com/itsablankenship/status/1229573513763262464

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dik Hz posted:

Y'know, any time you you follow up "I'm not hoping he's dead" with a "but", you should be aware of how hosed up your opinions are.

Honestly, I didnt see the second hit before I posted. I thought he just rolled.

That is loving horrific.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's real bad. gently caress

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s generally poor form to wish death on a driver you don’t like.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
god watching that replay makes me feel absolutely sick. that slam while he was upside down was brutal. really really really really hope he's alright

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
He'll never be the head of a major corporation.

Thoughts and prayers.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I just saw a clip of that crash and :stare:

I hope he pulls through but God drat....he needs a miracle.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Frond posted:

It’s generally poor form to wish death on a driver you don’t like.
Yeah, but what if they were a Trump supporter?

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Douchebag posted:

I feel dumb for saying something about reliving 2001, wasn’t even trying to be an idiot about that. I don’t want to see any of these guys get hurt, at any level. Racing is fun and cool.

It's not dumb. If it is I am dumb with you. I saw that wreck evolve and Newman not emerging... I fear the worst and apparently so are the other drivers and commentators. I like racing but do not want to see stuff like that happen at all. I was watching with my girl who was caught up in the end of race excitement. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

mattfl posted:

I know nothing about NASCAR or crash procedure. Is that standard for bad crashes or is it real, real bad?