Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Vote Sou

Edit: update on last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Vote Sou

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Vote Joe, hell take us with him

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Vote Sou, strategy is boring killing jerks is cool

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

All aboard the Sou bandwagon

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

gently caress Sou.

Also JESUS CHRIST this just gets worse and worse seeing that Kanna isn't the sacrifice. Sou was having her pretend to be the sage so she'd have a better chance of dying and going to see her sister, and this saving his own rear end.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
Vote Joe because hell, he's the Sacrifice, let's get the hell outta here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sou is a shitstirring troublemaker that needs to die.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Sou-long, farewell

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I vote for Sou because Kai reminds me of Wen Ning from MDZS and I like that ghost general guy.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I know that Sou is the correct option, but man am I tempted to say "comedy self-vote option, gently caress you everyone dies".

Kai tripping ALL the death flags with that "I'll tell all" promise though.

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Sou, because even though Kai is the safest choice, gently caress Sou.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Sou, even though he probably won't get picked he still deserves to get #2 at least.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Definitely vote Sou

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
Vote Kai because if he lives and starts giving out "information" he might actually gently caress this group harder than Sou is already loving it.

I admit I will take more satisfaction in Sou's death, though, which is just as well given how this thread is going.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
I want you to vote for Sou, but I wonder what happens if you vote Sara.

The cynical part of me says that Sara's vote doesn't matter. The game didn't let us decide the majority in the Second Game or Preliminary Vote, so she'll feel less guilty if we leave the decision to everyone else.

What happens in the case of a tie, anyway?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I think this is my favourite Danganronpa game. Holy poo poo, this is... really good.

Vote Kai, I think Joe is the Sacrifice. He's lying about his role to escape with Sara.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

• Whether it was because Sara couldn't allow eight people to be killed to save two lives, or because anger overrode love, her decision has been made.

• Or maybe it was just cold logic; the moment Kai was confirmed as the Sage, the Sacrifice's fate was sealed; why waste a vote?

“...I understand. So long as you may be the Sacrifice, choosing you is risky...”

“It's more than that.”

“Eheehee. Now everyone, enjoy yourselves as I check your answers!”

“First, the Sage!”

“...”

“Next, the Keymaster! Eheehee, the fierce battle between you two was a true sight to see!”

“No... Stop it...”

“Well... what to say...”

“D... Dumbass! What're you sorry about?!”

“You... 'cause of us, you... you...!! Don't you feel bitter?!”

“I dunno... I just dunno...”

“...!”

“................”

“................”

“Sara...”

(This isn't real... It's just...)

“Joe... Stop it...! I don't believe it... I...”

“I...”

• If we had voted for Joe, his last three lines here change. Joe realises that Sara voted for him, and instead of saying the others are his friends and asking everyone to work together, Joe admits that he "tried really hard" to escape with Sara. No one mentions Sara essentially trying to throw everyone to the wolves to save Joe and herself.

“Aaah... sniff...”

“Last... There's something I wanna say.”

Music stops.

“Wait...! Wait, Miley...”

“How cuuute, Sara! Ahaha.”

“Why not? I'll give you a chance.”

“Eh...?”

Music stops.

“Just keep pressing it! The device will be slowed the more you press, and maybe even stop!”

“G... Give me that!!”

• Joe's life bar can be seen on the lower screen. Since he is already injured, the bar starts out at around 75% full, and constantly decreases.

• Every time Sara presses the button, Joe recovers a small amount of life.

• No matter how many times or how quickly the button is pressed though, the device continues on.

• Until eventually...

“It's enough.”

“Waaaaaaaaa.... aaahhh...!!”

“Eheehee, how cute you are even when you cry.”

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Holy gently caress I hate Miley so much.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Oh god, that whole sequence is just heart-wrenching.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Unfortunately, all the information was just too public. So the neutral people went with the most surefire way to save themselves, and Joe was doomed for being outed.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Man, that hurt to read. Goodbye, Joe, nice to the end :sadwave:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...my heart is sinking like a goddamn rock.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I gotta clap. And maybe feel a bit sick. Just hoping the writer hasn't emptied their ideas bin at this point.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Tylana posted:

I gotta clap. And maybe feel a bit sick. Just hoping the writer hasn't emptied their ideas bin at this point.

We've only just begun Miley's wild ride, I assure you.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
God. I wanted to yell when Sara started clicking the button, because it was obvious what was going on, but of course Sara wouldn't think straight while she's panicking and watching her best friend die.

Out of curiosity, does anything different happen if you announce out loud that Joe is the Sage back when Sara mistakenly concludes that he is? I'm assuming not (I imagine Sou would still come up with the whole distraction where he asks what the Keymaster card looks like etc.), but it would be amusing if you could make the "dumb" decision and end the game right there.

...Not that it would be a good ending. Sara and Joe are the kind of people who would feel wretched for the rest of their lives if they actually did manage to surf to freedom on the blood of everyone else in the room.

I do hope we get to find out who decided to vote Sou for being a dick instead of voting Kai for a certain survival.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Goddamn, that was cruel. We got a ways to go but I hope there's some kind of comeuppance at the end of this for the kidnappers.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

That last image is heartbreakingly painful. Just... I did not expect this game to have these kind of teeth.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Miley's right there, Sara...take the opportunity to choke the bitch out. :argh:

differentiating
Mar 30, 2019

Joe was one of my favorite characters, and the game definitely succeeded in making his death painful. And then to take advantage of Sara's desperate state to torture them both...

Miley deserves a lot more than a frying pan to the head for that one.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

Kai may be a creep and god only knows what other involvement he had with the kidnappers, but the further we get into this nightmarish poo poo the more I will always respect him for smacking Miley with the frying pan.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Since we'll probably never know from the man himself, I wonder if Kai wasn't just insane and Ryoko had something to do with this

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

By the way, chapter 3 is nearly complete, from what I understand! A demo of it was released, and it's coming out on the 25th from what I understand??

Of course, that version will not be english but with any luck, it'll be translated by the time the thread is ready for part 3 / soon after! I'm pumped!!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
When I played through, I figured Joe was gonna die at some point because during the investigation prior to the Main Game, he was collecting a whole bunch of death flags. I still was not quite prepared for how it went down.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Jesus christ. Who did they all piss off to have to be put through this poo poo?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I like how they've written the characters so far. I'm amazed how much I feel like I can trust Keiji despite having this shady quality about him, for instance.

Not sure I can wait tho! A free game that I can hop right in with my browser? This moment? Yeah I might just go ahead!

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Mindblast posted:

I like how they've written the characters so far. I'm amazed how much I feel like I can trust Keiji despite having this shady quality about him, for instance.

Not sure I can wait tho! A free game that I can hop right in with my browser? This moment? Yeah I might just go ahead!

There's a bit during this mafia portion that's impossible to complete on the in-browser version, unless it's been fixed since the day this thread started, jsyk. I binge played up until that point and found I couldn't select a needed option.

textbookOrigins fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 20, 2020

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Are you sure? I beat the web version with no problems. But that was a several months ago.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It is occasionally buggy, and if it loses your save there's nothing you can do about it. Probably better off downloading it if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Posting to push to next page.