Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown posted:

I went to CU so yeah the Cali-Colorado thing is a Thing.

Considering there's also an LA and a Bay Area region, it's not necessarily a California - Colorado thing. Culturally I'd say Colorado is more in common with the Northwest region, at least in the area with the most Co's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lol Cali encompasses 3 regions.
:getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What would you do if you lived in a region without a Costco? :ohdear:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What would you do if you lived in a region without a Costco? :ohdear:

A very long drive.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
God has truly forsaken West Virginia

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Maine not having a Costco is actually kind of surprising

Arkansas not having a Costco is a result of what I assume are the roving bands of Sam's Club militias that run the state

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Renegret posted:

A very long drive.

I drive over an hour to mine. Straight through the mountains in Colorado.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Moey posted:

My brother drives 45 minutes each way to his closest Costco, every week. Through the barren boringness of Westchester into loving Connecticut.

I did it with home once and, never again.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Feeling extremely blessed that the first Costco in my city is only 5 min from my doorstep.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Visited a Costco Business Center today for the first time.

Awesome pics!

I'm sad to say I looked it up and there's only 10 of these nationwide, and none of them are in the mid-atlantic region :negative:

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Renegret posted:

My brother drives 45 minutes each way to his closest Costco, every week. Through the barren boringness of Westchester into loving Connecticut.

I did it with home once and, never again.

Is the Costco in CT?

If it's what I'm thinking the closest one should be port chester

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

These tempura nori snacks are like crack.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

The dried mushroom snacks were the bomb. Not sure if they still carry them tho :ohdear:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Apartments are being built right next my Costco. I want to move there so bad but it's probably going to be outside my price range.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Hoshi posted:

Is the Costco in CT?

If it's what I'm thinking the closest one should be port chester

Yes, but he lives pretty far north, so the CT one is closer.

It's a Costco deadzone and I consider myself blessed that I pass Costco on my commute. But on the flip side, I live in hell, so I guess we're even.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Jingleheimer posted:

Apartments are being built right next my Costco. I want to move there so bad but it's probably going to be outside my price range.

You can make up the difference by eating a hotdog every day

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

kloa posted:

The dried mushroom snacks were the bomb. Not sure if they still carry them tho :ohdear:

Agreed, they are still at my store (CO) and we absolutely destroy one bag a week.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The Aftershokz bone conducting headphones available on the website are great. I'm a dog walker currently, and I have to be reletively aware of what's going on around me at all times, for mine and the dog's safety. These headphones are great for that. I can listen to podcasts while staying aware of traffic and other noise conditions. The fidelity isn't amazing, but the situational awareness they afford me is great. Also, they are quite comfortable. I can sleep on my side with them on, a challenge in other headphones. For the gym and sleep, I'll pop in earplugs. Great for 99 bucks.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Argyle posted:

Okay it arrived today and I'm losing my mind trying to get the doors even. I'm messing with the feet on the bottom but I can't find a sweet spot where neither door drags on the floor of the cabinet. Anybody dealt with this or similar furniture?

I put in a shim, and put some satin varnish on it to slot in. I think the uneven doors is a design flaw on all of em that has to do with the locking mechanism

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Are sherpas still in stock at the Co, or are they 'out of season'?

I was extolling their virtues to my dad, and his birthday is coming up, so I'm hoping to pick up a couple for him. He lives in a terrible hellhole that has only Sam's Club.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

:eyepop:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

COSTCO RELEASE THE BITCHIN SAUCE IN ATLANTA PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! gently caress!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

SirPablo posted:

My 'Co has finally provided the three pack of Bitchin' Sauce. However, the flavors are original, heat, and bombay.

fuckkkk....is this an Indian curry influenced Bitchin sauce? That sounds amazing

AF fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 18, 2020

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

LadyPictureShow posted:

Are sherpas still in stock at the Co, or are they 'out of season'?

I was extolling their virtues to my dad, and his birthday is coming up, so I'm hoping to pick up a couple for him. He lives in a terrible hellhole that has only Sam's Club.

Mine still had them last week.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Sad to say the Bombay bitchin sauce is my least favorite of all the bitchin' sauces.

I'd go so far as to say it's not even bitchin!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

StormDrain posted:

Colorado is part of the "San Diego" region, somehow, so that makes a lot of sense why we've had Bitchin dip for so long.

lol San Diego BiThc!

I've had the cilantro Bitchin Sauce and Imma pass. Chipotle or bust!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

toplitzin posted:

These tempura nori snacks are like crack.

That asterisk means supplies are limited and the item won't be restocked. Maybe for the season, maybe forever.

Stock up now goon!

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

I travel far and wide proselytizing for the holy Bitchin' Sauce. I've taken it to parties, given it as a gift and generally made sure it gets the love it deserves.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Costco: RELEASE THE BITCHIN’ SAUCE!!!

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Immanentized posted:

I put in a shim, and put some satin varnish on it to slot in. I think the uneven doors is a design flaw on all of em that has to do with the locking mechanism

My leveling all went to hell once I actually put stuff on the shelves in the doors. I got it close to swinging freely but now they both drag. The Pike & Main website did have leveling instructions in their FAQ but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be raising the front feet, back feet, or both. Might give it another go after work but I think my solution is going to be "lift the door slightly when opening or closing every single time for the rest of your life".

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How the gently caress they gonna get rid of the winter gear in the Colorado stcos? We've got winter for another 5 months

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Argyle posted:

My leveling all went to hell once I actually put stuff on the shelves in the doors. I got it close to swinging freely but now they both drag. The Pike & Main website did have leveling instructions in their FAQ but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be raising the front feet, back feet, or both. Might give it another go after work but I think my solution is going to be "lift the door slightly when opening or closing every single time for the rest of your life".

Oh poo poo they're looking for you in the Bad With Money thread.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

canyoneer posted:

Sad to say the Bombay bitchin sauce is my least favorite of all the bitchin' sauces.

I'd go so far as to say it's not even bitchin!

Listen bitch, there's flavors for everyone.

https://www.bitchinsauce.com/

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Fallom posted:

How the gently caress they gonna get rid of the winter gear in the Colorado stcos? We've got winter for another 5 months

What location?

The Gypsum store had poo poo out a few weeks ago.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

For those wanting a sherpa, mine has them close out for $13. I almost bought two.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

SirPablo posted:

Listen bitch, there's flavors for everyone.

https://www.bitchinsauce.com/

Not at my Costco. Only cilantro.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Moey posted:

Renegret posted:

My brother drives 45 minutes each way to his closest Costco, every week.

Must be nice. 3.5 hours for me, but I still manage to go about every 6 weeks or so. Would be nice to be closer but that isn't happening where I live anytime soon.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

uli2000 posted:

Must be nice. 3.5 hours for me, but I still manage to go about every 6 weeks or so. Would be nice to be closer but that isn't happening where I live anytime soon.

This is saintly devotion to the church. You will be remembered as a Martyr.

My 'co is only ~9 miles away but it takes me 40-45 minutes to get there thanks to Los Angeles traffic. I go about once a month, sometimes 2 if I need to stock up on booze/food for some kind of event.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

That asterisk means supplies are limited and the item won't be restocked. Maybe for the season, maybe forever.

Stock up now goon!

It's like that box of M/D 20/20! Damnit! Shoulda bought it! :argh:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I have oyn Co two miles away and another three miles away. #Blessed

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
If the dumpling chat was about those bibigo frozen 6 pack trays then I have to say they are amazing. Frozen to cooked in 2 minutes in the tray, perfect appetizer or midday snack.

The filling actually tastes better then most delivery food dumplings I've had.

There's actually quite a lot of meal ready single serve multipacks I saw in the fridge and freezer section I wanted to get but held off on stuffing the fridge full.

I tried a teriyaki udon 4 pack kit, not a fan. The noodles were good but the rest is just the freeze dried stuff from an Instant ramen cup. Maybe as a base for fresh cooked meat and veggies stir fried in but its not a good value by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Tried some refrigerated tonkotsu ramen that came in two packs for $8. Everything is really tasty besides the noodles. They have a very strange, almost undercooked-like texture that never seemed to change no matter how long I nuked it. Too bad too, the soup is good.