Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, I think it was, admittedly, fortunate that it happened yesterday instead of Sunday. Sunday you still have all the security theater bullshit going on, yesterday it's gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that crash is instructive because Horton was fine but Stanley Smith, who "just" took a head-on hit into T1 was nearly killed- the first safety worker on the scene clearly saw some bad poo poo because he's borderline panicking looking into the car.

Guy had a basilar skull fracture, when they pull him out of the car on the live feed you can see his white fire suit is red

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Big Huski Boi posted:

I remember the guy who crashed with JD McDuffie said the scene inside the car was so bad he had to close his eyes.
Yeah, once in a while you get some poor track marshall getting confronted out of the blue with a nightmare they absolutely didn’t sign up for (imagine being first on the scene to the aftermath of the Pryce/Van Vuuren collision, Jesus Christ).

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Guy had a basilar skull fracture, when they pull him out of the car on the live feed you can see his white fire suit is red

The first time I saw that in the live feed it didn't register that it was blood because of just how much there was. I legitimately thought it was a white and red fire suit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/Justin_Fiedler/status/1229809884901888000?s=19

Fuel Can: The Thread

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/1229870361178669057

Whew.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
RIP Ryan Newman thank you for the 1/4 of a lap of actual racing this weekend.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That still leaves a lot of not-good possible scenarios but that's still good news.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IOwnCalculus posted:

That still leaves a lot of not-good possible scenarios but that's still good news.

Yeah, I'm going with his career is all but over, but it's still a testament to those cars that he loving survived that.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Yeah, this trickling out of news is way too reminiscent of Wickens' crash

sum
Nov 15, 2010

In the aftermath of this horrific crash it's extremely important that we use it as a pretext to ban restrictor plate races

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

sum posted:

In the aftermath of this horrific crash it's extremely important that we use it as a pretext to ban NASCAR

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

sum posted:

In the aftermath of this horrific crash it's extremely important that we use it as a pretext to ban restrictor plate races
And overtime restarts?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My co worker called me an rear end in a top hat for bringing this up. But he's a racist chud who said he was glad the rapist n****r died in a helicopter crash sooooo.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Apraxin posted:

Yeah, once in a while you get some poor track marshall getting confronted out of the blue with a nightmare they absolutely didn’t sign up for (imagine being first on the scene to the aftermath of the Pryce/Van Vuuren collision, Jesus Christ).

Technically Van Vuuren was first to the scene

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dale saved him

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

now ryan must burn down an applebees.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

big nipples big life posted:

now ryan must burn down an applebees.

:hmmyes:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, shouldn't we all burn down an Applebee's?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

88 REAL NASCAR MEMES 22 -CHANDA

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wanna see the other 87 nascar memes

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I mean, shouldn't we all burn down an Applebee's?

:dale:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The entry list for Vegas is out and the 6 has no driver listed. Roush has no NXS team to pull from, so who gets the seat? You'd have to think it'd be a Ford guy like Briscoe or Cindric, right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet it's David Ragan

e:unless the 36 is running at vegas.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I bet it's David Ragan

e:unless the 36 is running at vegas.

Ragan shut that down on Twitter today, it seems.

I'm guessing Briscoe, but I'd like to see someone like Cassill get a shot.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

CBJSprague24 posted:

The entry list for Vegas is out and the 6 has no driver listed. Roush has no NXS team to pull from, so who gets the seat? You'd have to think it'd be a Ford guy like Briscoe or Cindric, right?

Well, David Ragan was only signed up for Daytona, finished 4th, and I don't think there was any bad blood with Roush... I could see that working out if it's like 4-6 weeks.

Considerations for replacing Newman will probably have to be short-term (could he just have a concussion or does he have fractured vertebrae?) and long-term (can he be long for this business at 42 years old?)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/roushfenway/status/1230173060143161344?s=21

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Jack Roush: "Sigh, I can't believe I'm actually doing this..."

*dials phone*

Todd Kluever: "Hello?"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Incredible, I wonder what injuries he actually suffered, looking great for a guy that was cut out of a race car and listed in serious condition 36 hours ago.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That is a way, way better picture than I thought we'd see at this stage. loving bravo to the guy who welded that cage together.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

How

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Incredible, I wonder what injuries he actually suffered, looking great for a guy that was cut out of a race car and listed in serious condition 36 hours ago.
I'm guessing a decent TBI. Maybe they feared a brain bleed or something

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
No. loving. way. :aaaaa:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daughters strategically placed to hide cool new robot legs

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Thats fuckin insane

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

daughters strategically placed to hide cool new robot legs

Dude's gonna be pissed when he finds out they run on moon dust

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:aaaaa:

Big Huski Boi posted:

Dude's gonna be pissed when he finds out they run on moon dust

He's going to be pissed when he finds out Trump is trying to take away his Healthcare.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He looks like he just learned doordash will deliver to hospitals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

guys, that's an impostor and not even a good one, you can clearly see a neck in that photo.