Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fellis posted:

New Chapter where our main character finally reveals their secret technique!

:( please dont blue ball me like that. new chapter of danberu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its tuesday my dude

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I typically don't know what day of the week it is and don't/won't keep track of when things release, if it doesn't get posted in a thread I follow I'd likely not see any chapters until a few months later when I get curious and go through the backlog. So, I get the confusion/being disappointed because it happened to me too.

Sextro fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 19, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kengan is always* Thursday.

Didn't stop me from being fooled.

* Except that brief glorious period where it was everyday.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

New Chapter where our main character finally reveals their secret technique!

I’m worried though this is the least horny chapter of danberu by far. Barely any muscles or machos! :ohdear:

Ah yes, the return of the fox girl archetype.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://mangadex.org/chapter/810916/1

Raian doesn't have time for your cliches.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The boys are back in town :allears:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Just a walk in the park.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
gently caress yes lol

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Everything I disliked about Raian as a tourney fighter has suddenly become awesome in a 20-on-2 deathmatch with weapons. Context is everything, apparently.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:swoon: they still got it

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about. "Show don't tell" has never been as awesome.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is

good poo poo.

Really good poo poo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thread title is now super accurate in several ways

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
like god drat, there's still a whole fightmans tournament to go through after this

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
That's the Raian we know. :allears:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So what are the odds that Xia here is a substitute as well? Seems anticlimactic that he can't even put up a fight even if it is Raian dishing out the pain

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Brought To You By posted:

So what are the odds that Xia here is a substitute as well? Seems anticlimactic that he can't even put up a fight even if it is Raian dishing out the pain

Very likely if you check out some of the previous chapters where he appeared compared to this one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, but Raian was the first to show up and he never used any actual Kure techniques in Ashura so there's some possible misdirection there.

Guys, I'm not more sure than ever that this is really Raian and not Setsuna.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I’ll just be over here waiting patiently for the explanation.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah I'm really curious as to what is going to explain this!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The answer is going to be "the doctor did it" isn't it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
if someone says "hey don't worry I'm the real x" there's like a 99% chance they are not x

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor

CharlestonJew posted:

if someone says "hey don't worry I'm the real x" there's like a 99% chance they are not x

Sandrovich: Just according to keikaku :smug:

(Translator's note: Keikaku means plan)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

The knife guy did note that Xia arrived faster than he expected, and these dudes have a history of pretending to be other people, so there's a chance. Maybe this Xia is just another student and the real Xia is still chillaxing in Kazzy's home.

That said, while I did think it was lame that he went down so fast on my initial read, I remembered that a) the level of fighters from Kengan Asura are WAY above your average Kengan/Pandemonium fighters, b) Ohma with his memories back is pretty one of the strongest characters in the series, and c) on a pure physical level, Raian is even more busted than Ohma and is finally using techniques to boot.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Considering they're able to make doubles of unwilling people, there could be a whole shitload of Xias running around. I don't think the real one is anywhere near this assassination attempt, but just sitting on his couch eating popcorn like usual. The Worm's allocated a lot of resources to this assassination in terms of manpower, but they probably didn't expect to actually need strong fighters cause like. Who's going to assume Raian and Ohma show up lmfao

Kengan rules

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

klapman posted:

Considering they're able to make doubles of unwilling people, there could be a whole shitload of Xias running around. I don't think the real one is anywhere near this assassination attempt, but just sitting on his couch eating popcorn like usual. The Worm's allocated a lot of resources to this assassination in terms of manpower, but they probably didn't expect to actually need strong fighters cause like. Who's going to assume Raian and Ohma show up lmfao

Kengan rules

I'm seeing it more now. Xia also has a group of people he calls his "students". Originally I just interpreted this as the people that worked under him but what if he can "graduate" the more promising "students" into being his doppelganger for situations like this?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if it's a routine assassination, a double is enough. if it's a trap, a double is preferable. the only scenario where going personally would be an advantage is if things went south just far enough that he could salvage it himself.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

its tuesday my dude

but it's kengan thread :(

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Do you remember when Hokuto no Gun released an episode every day? Good times.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Kengan is always* Thursday.

Didn't stop me from being fooled.

* Except that brief glorious period where it was everyday.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
daily kengan chapters, during the best part of the manga. truly a blessed time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
New chapter's out

Koga made it

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm glad Koga is "okay" but those do not look like wounds that'll be good to go in a month. I guess it is Shonen though so it's hard to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they said they were calling in the corpse-disposal expert. the only guy that comes to mind is hanafusa. is so, his functionally magical medical skills got fighters in much worse shape than koga ready for their next match within 24 hours.