Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I thought they'd do something about it with mine (and others) feedback from last weekend, but yeahhhh it's still Telstra.

Thankfully the app works just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I forgot how much the Suns song reminds me of Weebl’s I’ve Seen Things Scampi song

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pretty good crowd for the western derby.

20k+ there maybe.

Pic from reddit

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Good crowd, good energy.

Budgies getting thrashed helps as well

EDIT- Had to check, the first Womens game at Optus was 42k. Numbers today are probably the same if not higher

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 15, 2020

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Freo's kicking is something else today. Bit of argy bargy too...

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
They just said 35k in the crowd. Not a bad turnout at all

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Getting wet now, still good. Though Freo has assassinated two WC players this Q

Also final numbers- 35k attendance. $3 a head to the fire fighters. Not bad.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
MRP might be busy :wtc:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Richmond Oval is a dated venue

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

At some point one of our four small forwards is going to need to realise that all four of them chasing the ball up to centre half forward doesn't work and one of them needs to stay back and be a lead up

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
loving hell Patrikios is a gun. Go Saints!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Worst bit of football I've seen in a while

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Saints getting shafted.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Saints should have won this. Went to sleep these last 5 minutes.

They might claw a win back but that rushed behind will probably cost them the match.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A win and I got a high five from Justine Mules :getin:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Better to win ugly than not at all I guess!

Didnt get to go to the game because my second daughter was born earlier this week :3: So trying to spend lots of time with my first so she doesn't feel left out.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Didnt get to go to the game because my second daughter was born earlier this week :3: So trying to spend lots of time with my first so she doesn't feel left out.

Just like all my friends, you need a new hobbie

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Sleeping is my hobby at the moment but I don't get to do much of it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

cmndstab posted:

Congrats!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

cmndstab posted:

Congratulations!

That’s your new job, making sure kid 1 doesn’t feel left out, currently in that role myself with our #2 being 6 months old.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I was given the job of making sure all my friends kids support the correct sports teams, after the oldest one, a 10 year old living in Canberra under the guidance of only his father, turned out to be a Richmond supporter because he liked the song. And he's also a Golden State Warriors fan.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Thanks guys :) Yes, doing my best to help daughter #1 feel like she's a part of things. She's become very clingy at bedtime now, trying to navigate my way through that without having to spend the entire night in the room with her.

NTRabbit posted:

I was given the job of making sure all my friends kids support the correct sports teams, after the oldest one, a 10 year old living in Canberra under the guidance of only his father, turned out to be a Richmond supporter because he liked the song. And he's also a Golden State Warriors fan.

Some friends of mine who are Port supporters used to try to get their son to sleep by singing all the AFL club songs. To help them remember which ones they'd done, they would go in alphabetical order. So of course, Adelaide was first, which meant that's the song he heard the most, and I guess in his mind the "start" of the "sing every AFL club song" song. So when he became a toddler, he would start singing the Crows song every day. Drove them nuts, haha.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Congrats cmndstab!

NTRabbit posted:

P. messed up.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

NTRabbit posted:

Pfft, those parents failed (despite supporting Richmond) as everyone knows you don’t give the child a choice.

When my daughter was born she was signed up as a Richmond member and signed to the MCC, and told she was supporting Richmond. When she’s older and questions it it will not be a discussion.

Her first grand final she was alive for was a Richmond win. Amazing

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Child abuse ITT

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I had a similar thing where I had to choose the footy team for the child of an American friend of mine.

I decided that the fairest way to do it would be give her the premiers the year she was born. It so happened that that was the first year of the Back-to-back-to-back Hawthorn premierships.

I regret nothing.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If I ever have kids (lol I won't) I refuse to let them support a team until they know what they're getting into.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Melbourne really do seem to be buying into the hype that last year was a blip and 2018 was a pretty accurate representation of where they were at.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/374258/from-second-last-to-silverware-the-dees-amazing-drought-breaking-plan

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Wouldn't be surprised if they got their wish with their AFLW team. They're looking pretty bloody good again this year, and now that six teams make it through to the finals they're less likely to lose their spot to a weaker team this time.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
lol port

https://twitter.com/triplemfooty/status/1229946957088473089?s=20

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
All the Mormon and LDS Port Adelaide supporters* will be thrilled, that was the year of Joseph Smith's first vision.

*who probably don't exist

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

monolithburger posted:

All the Mormon and LDS Port Adelaide supporters* will be thrilled, that was the year of Joseph Smith's first vision.

*who probably don't exist

Port Adelaide supporters do exist, I’ve seen one

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
The nazi one, yeah?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

monolithburger posted:

The nazi one, yeah?

That’s the one.

It’s really a shame he only had the home guernsey and not a white power top

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bulldogs pride guernsey is wild.

It doesn't even feature one of their main colours, white.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1229993943762255872

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think the Bulldogs one looks great idc

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Go for it, the women’s Comp seems like a great place to try and get the AFL to stop being so stuffy about tradition

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

drunkill posted:

Bulldogs pride guernsey is wild.

It doesn't even feature one of their main colours, white.

https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/1229993943762255872

snip

Spedman fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nice image leech