Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jaguars! posted:

This is a good read about the trials and tribulations of making a living creating quality food, but at an airport of all places:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907467

Man, those dishes look tasty af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

itry posted:

Man, those dishes look tasty af.

I have eaten there and is is delicious.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

I think it's worth mentioning the STREET BEEFS thread again for anyone who missed it earlier in this thread. It has recently been revived by NAG who is posting the best writeups possible for the fights.

Long live The Fat Ref. Voyeur of the fights.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3883865

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
First goldmined in the fast food forum, short and sweet

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913887

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913164

Apparently Vanilla Ice's vanity movie was directed by the guy who would go on to be Spielberg's personal director, and actually looks really good.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

This one about the Elan School is goddamn horrifying, but it’s good. OP started off with an incredible effort post.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914075

Zamboni Rodeo fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 11, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879589

I don't usually venture into C-SPAM, but this was a top-notch discovery. Bit specific, but it's commentaries on modern events through the medium of faux patch notes/bug reports a la historical political simulator devhouse Paradox Interactive.

It's probably funny even if you're unfamiliar with the games?? It's nice when goons feel the need to one-up each other with creative posting.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Speaking of interesting C-SPAM stuff:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914227

Shitpost ends up being co-opted by banana expert and becomes interesting and informative.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
So did longtime champion best read on the forums world's dumbest stalker get deleted because some goon decided to stalk the stalker and got poop all over?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
The stalker posted a photo of the thread while begging for money, though it's not evident how they found it. Poop got touched a few times in the pages leading up to the close.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Resting Lich Face posted:

Shitpost ends up being co-opted by banana expert and becomes interesting and informative.

"The banana defender has logged on"

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

Klyith posted:

So did longtime champion best read on the forums world's dumbest stalker get deleted because some goon decided to stalk the stalker and got poop all over?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The stalker posted a photo of the thread while begging for money, though it's not evident how they found it. Poop got touched a few times in the pages leading up to the close.

There are TONS of people with grudges against SA/goons/Lowtax for various reasons, usually because they posted stupid poo poo and got banned and have some strange need to exact Internet Vengeance. They tend to congregate in certain online communities based on a shared hatred... it's honestly kind of sad.

Many still "spy" on SA because they're nutjobs with nothing better to do with their life. It's not unreasonable to speculate that one of them did it to try to exert some sort of control over the forums.

I'll stop there since this is obviously meant to die.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I checked a few offsites and didn't see anyone bragging about it.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I checked a few offsites and didn't see anyone bragging about it.

The stalker googles himself and keywords a lot so he may have just stumbled across it on his own.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Aw that's disappointing. I was really hoping that wouldn't be how that thread ended.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

What the gently caress happened in Command and Conquer

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DaveSauce posted:

I'll stop there since this is obviously meant to die.

Correct, I’m certain op will update us when deemed appropriate. Tia

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

this is a fantastic read

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

That was the best thread on the forums. That's a drat shame.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

frogge posted:

Aw that's disappointing. I was really hoping that wouldn't be how that thread ended.

Just pm me, there's already new developments that are :whatthechrist:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

this is a fantastic read

I'm 1 page in and I agree

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frank Frank posted:

That was the best thread on the forums. That's a drat shame.

Which thread was this again?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

That Works posted:

Which thread was this again?

"My Wife has the World's Dumbest Stalker".

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Frank Frank posted:

"My Wife has the World's Dumbest Stalker".

Ahh ok, I didn't really read it when it was up

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's almost CHICKAM time.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Imagine taking the time to vote this thread a 1. Smh

Content the face tattoo thread is kinda fun
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914609&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Wait, did the stalker post IN the thread?

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

gently caress me I always wanted to finish reading that thread and now I really want to but can't.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Klaaz posted:

gently caress me I always wanted to finish reading that thread and now I really want to but can't.

It still exists, just in invisible form. PM me for any updates and details until the thread can safely be opened.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Metaline posted:

Wait, did the stalker post IN the thread?

I don't believe so, he just posted a screenie.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914941

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

That’s a thread I didn’t expect to see linked here.

I wouldn’t describe myself as a banana expert and that fact that anyone would is an indictment on the journalists who keep writing third‐rate stories about bananas while on the plane flying to and fro the places where the real experts live and work.

It is possible that I know more about bananas than anyone else on these august fora, but I feel like an imposter saying even that.

There are tens of millions of people on this planet who bananas better than I, who have to know better because their lives depend on them as a food source.

My qualifications are that I read about bananas on the Internet and that I have never killed a banana plant through neglect—which is actually an indictment because anyone who’s worked with anything long enough has had failures.

I have never worked with bananas professionally. I have never had personal contact with anyone who worked with bananas professionally, other than small nursery proprietors and, I suppose, anyone who has served me a banana split.

So why did I write so many words about bananas? I got suckered by that silly blue banana, both in the thread and in the garden. The first banana plant I bought was the “Blue Java” banana everyone was talking about, except that it wasn’t. It’s an unrelated cultivar that’s been mislabeled for years, and the real thing doesn’t taste like vanilla ice cream anyway. That hasn’t stopped the sellers and the bloggers from posting ’shopped bananas and swearing up and down that they taste like vanilla ice cream.

Every serious hobbyist knows about this racket, and once I found the serious hobbyist forums and sellers, of course I had to try my hand at growing the legendary ‘Big Mike’, the fruit that launched a dozen coups and vanished under mysterious circumstances. While I was ordering that, I might as well order a few other interesting cultivars, I just need to know a little about them first…

My knowledge stems from that, and I won’t deny I learned while writing. I knew where to start.

If you have any questions about bananas, you can take them to the C‐SPAM thread, where I have just posted a banana bread recipe. It’s from a children’s book, but don’t tell anyone. Using a recipe from a children’s book is less shameful than using a recipe that loses a taste test to a recipe from a children’s book.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 23, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Platystemon posted:

That’s a thread I didn’t expect to see linked here.

I wouldn’t describe myself as a banana expert and that fact that anyone would is an indictment on the journalists who keep writing third‐rate stories about bananas while on the plane flying to and fro the places where the real experts live and work.

It is possible that I know more about bananas than anyone else on these august fora, but I feel like an imposter saying even that.

There are tens of millions of people on this planet who bananas better than I, who have to know better because their lives depend on them as a food source.

My qualifications are that I read about bananas on the Internet and that I have never killed a banana plant through neglect—which is actually an indictment because anyone who’s worked with anything long enough has had failures.

I have never worked with bananas professionally. I have never had personal contact with anyone who worked with bananas professionally, other than small nursery proprietors and, I suppose, anyone who has served me a banana split.

So why did I write so many words about bananas? I got suckered by that silly blue banana, both in the thread and in the garden. The first banana plant I bought was the “Blue Java” banana everyone was talking about, except that it wasn’t. It’s an unrelated cultivar that’s been mislabeled for years, and the real thing doesn’t taste like vanilla ice cream anyway. That hasn’t stopped the sellers and the bloggers from posting ’shopped bananas and swearing up and down that they taste like vanilla ice cream.

Every serious hobbyist knows about this racket, and once I found the serious hobbyist forums and sellers, of course I had to try my hand at growing the legendary ‘Big Mike’, the fruit that launched a dozen coups and vanished under mysterious circumstances. While I was ordering that, I might as well order a few other interesting cultivars, I just need to know a little about them first…

My knowledge stems from that, and I won’t deny I learned while writing. I knew where to start.

If you have any questions about bananas, you can take them to the C‐SPAM thread, where I have just posted a banana bread recipe. It’s from a children’s book, but don’t tell anyone. Using a recipe from a children’s book is less shameful than using a recipe that loses a taste test to a recipe from a children’s book.

All cookbooks are children's books because adults already know how to cook :thunk:

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

All instruction manuals are for children, adults know how to make things.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I hate bananas, but I like learning about them

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I hate bananas, but I like learning about them

-------------//

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'd complain, but my mouth's full.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Jerry Cotton posted:

All cookbooks are children's books because adults already know how to cook :thunk:

lofi posted:

All instruction manuals are for children, adults know how to make things.

"Every book is a children's book if the kid can read."

(Mitch Hedberg)

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Not a chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My favourite is the people fruitlessly (heh) trying to steer the thread back to Donkey Kong.