Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Probably not Runaway Train but I could see some of the details matching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Probably not Runaway Train but I could see some of the details matching.

Just checked and I am afraid not. I am certain it was a comedy style too. Something with the atmosphere of a Beverly Hills Cop or a Midnight Run with that style of camera work/lighting. It looks like an 80s film in my memory. I can picture clearly one of the characters on the train carriage jumping up and down happily while the other is on the moving away train. Someone shoots the first character and they make a big deal about being shot and you are supposed to think that whoever was chasing them managed to finally eliminate them.

I am not sure what point in the film this happened but I know they surprisingly show up again and the second character and first 'joke' about that shot and whether it is really possible to shoot a small target that is moving away. That dialogue about the actual ability to make such a shot is the thing that sticks in my mind most of all along with the blurry image of the happy escape cut short.

That character felt like it would a Charles Grodin type too. Not some big name.

I realise this is possibly impossible to figure out but it has bugged me for decades.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Just checked and I am afraid not. I am certain it was a comedy style too. Something with the atmosphere of a Beverly Hills Cop or a Midnight Run with that style of camera work/lighting. It looks like an 80s film in my memory. I can picture clearly one of the characters on the train carriage jumping up and down happily while the other is on the moving away train. Someone shoots the first character and they make a big deal about being shot and you are supposed to think that whoever was chasing them managed to finally eliminate them.

I am not sure what point in the film this happened but I know they surprisingly show up again and the second character and first 'joke' about that shot and whether it is really possible to shoot a small target that is moving away. That dialogue about the actual ability to make such a shot is the thing that sticks in my mind most of all along with the blurry image of the happy escape cut short.

That character felt like it would a Charles Grodin type too. Not some big name.

I realise this is possibly impossible to figure out but it has bugged me for decades.

Crime comedy on a train brings Silver Streak to mind.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Long shot because I don't remember it at all but Bulletproof probably ends with Damon Wayans letting Adam Sandler go.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Price Check posted:

Crime comedy on a train brings Silver Streak to mind.

I just did a check through, and nope. Not silver streak.

And not bulletproof either (I own that and it is one of my guilty pleasures).

I do not think it was entirely on a train. I think it was a kind of cross country chase style movie.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
All this train talk got me thinking of a scene. I think I probably saw it mid-90s, and the movie was probably new or only a few years old at that point, but I'm not sure. All I remember is two guys handcuffed together, and they are crossing a train bridge. The train starts coming, and they hang themselves from the bridge in such a way that the chain of the handcuffs is draped over the track so the train will cut it when it goes by. I think they drop into a river after the chain breaks.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Possibly Fled, but I don't remember that scene. I swear there was another "two convicts chained together" film out around the same time but all I thought I remembered of that was it starred Raul Julia and he didn't do anything like that it seems.

Edit: Fled apparently does have a scene with a train on a bridge

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 7, 2020

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I think I am thinking of Fled, I seem to recall Stephen Baldwin's doofy face. The scene doesn't play out like I thought, but the train breaking the chain might be from something else though. Thanks.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Linty Fresh posted:

I saw a movie on TV during some creature double feature in the early 80s, and it's sort of stuck with me.

It was from the 60s or 70s, with a Hammer Horror/William Castle vibe.

The scene I remember was a coven of witches with one of the witches being judged. The coven called forth the image of a woman, and as the witch was looking at it, the image turned into a skeleton (This effect was super cheesy. It was obvious that the actress playing the image was standing behind a pane of glass, and the skeleton image was just superimposed). The leader of the coven--an older man--held up a baby's shoe, and the shoe was engulfed in flames while you could hear the sounds of a baby crying (Note that the baby itself was not shown). The witch being judged began to scream, and the rest of the coven attacked her.

Any clues? TIA

The Witchmaker?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Movie number one:
The scene I remember of this movie was part of its trailer.
It featured a man who looked like Stacy Keach with a bonnet cap driving a car on a highway in the night. The sequence featured the car breaking a toll booth (or a road block or a "road under construction" obstacle) and then the car crashed into a wall. I think I saw that trailer early in the 80's The movie is not Road Games (1981) because as far as I remember the actor was driving a left hand drive car (and not a right hand drive truck).

Movie number two:
This one is harder. It was a stop motion movie which featured animal puppets (save for the "evil magician" that was a real monkey). The monkey endangered the animal village and the "hero" had to fight it. I think the movie was in color but had no spoken lines (only a musical soundtrack). I cannot discount this movie being from the ex warsaw pact countries. It could have been a 50's or 60's movie even if I saw it in early 80's.
Scenes I remember: opening forest full of singing (clockwork) birds and another scene set in a fair with toads riding motorcycles.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Fuckin double post

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
This might be a movie or tv show or video game, I'm not sure. All I can remember is a male adolescent's voice with a southern drawl saying

"...but death won't come."

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This might be a movie or tv show or video game, I'm not sure. All I can remember is a male adolescent's voice with a southern drawl saying

Tuck Everlasting?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Watching Pierrot le Fou today Anna Karina's hand mirror in a stuffed dog gave me intense deja vu of another similarly regarded movie (maybe even another early Godard) where a main character had a purse that looked like a duck (or a bird, or something similar) - if I'm remembering correctly in that one there's no attention drawn to it.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

regulargonzalez posted:

Tuck Everlasting?

I've never seen that, thanks for trying though

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

limaCAT posted:

Movie number one:
The scene I remember of this movie was part of its trailer.
It featured a man who looked like Stacy Keach with a bonnet cap driving a car on a highway in the night. The sequence featured the car breaking a toll booth (or a road block or a "road under construction" obstacle) and then the car crashed into a wall. I think I saw that trailer early in the 80's The movie is not Road Games (1981) because as far as I remember the actor was driving a left hand drive car (and not a right hand drive truck).

Street People?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074494/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If it wasn't for the 'adolescent' part, I'd say The Green Mile.

Crackmaster
Feb 6, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Maybe this episode of Family Guy, "To Love and Die in Dixie":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlr6qewsIOw&t=157s

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Crackmaster posted:

Maybe this episode of Family Guy, "To Love and Die in Dixie":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlr6qewsIOw&t=157s

Holy poo poo, this is it! I haven't seen or thought of that episode in probably 15 years, what a strange thing to get stuck in my brain. Thanks! You rule!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Unfortunately not, or at least it's close but it does not seems to be it... it never occurred to me it could have been an Italian b-movie. The scene I remember was prominently featured in the trailers, at least the ones that used to be aired in :italy: on local televisions.

Linty Fresh
Oct 5, 2013

Metaline posted:

The Witchmaker?

Thanks, Metaline, I checked the movie out on Amazon Prime, and it was similar, but it wasn't the movie.

Seriously, though, thanks for the lead. The Witchmaker was a good movie in its own right.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

limaCAT posted:

Unfortunately not, or at least it's close but it does not seems to be it... it never occurred to me it could have been an Italian b-movie. The scene I remember was prominently featured in the trailers, at least the ones that used to be aired in :italy: on local televisions.

I mean, Stacey Keach in a hat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SimonCat posted:

Yes, but it's not a Stacey Keach lookalike in a hat driving at night with an horrified expression before he crashes into a wall with his car.

fake edit: maybe I need to mspaint that sequence and post it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SimonCat posted:

Uhhhh holy poo poo, I'm now remembering my dream from last night, and I am 99% sure at one point, I was looking at this exact picture on the Awful app.

Weird :tinfoil:
Edit: I should say that I was a few posts behind when I checked out this thread this morning.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

In gathering a random assortment of posters for the that thread, I'm suddenly unable remember a film I saw as a kid. It was a comedy, probably from around 1990.

Whoever the good guy was essentially kidnapped his child near the end of the film. Her name was Meg and at the time she was mute. As part of the kidnapping, Meg was given a short haircut and referred to as Jonathan to fool the police. Dad or his accomplice pretended to be a pregnant woman.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

In gathering a random assortment of posters for the that thread, I'm suddenly unable remember a film I saw as a kid. It was a comedy, probably from around 1990.

Whoever the good guy was essentially kidnapped his child near the end of the film. Her name was Meg and at the time she was mute. As part of the kidnapping, Meg was given a short haircut and referred to as Jonathan to fool the police. Dad or his accomplice pretended to be a pregnant woman.
Three Fugitives.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

That's it. I had no memory of the plot revolving around a bank robbery. Reading the summary, it sounds pretty dire.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

South Korean movie. Two male leads who were sign painters or construction workers or something. They spend most of the movie stuck on a sky scraper roof. They get noticed and people think they're threatening to jump.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

sigher posted:

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

Pretty Baby?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Baby_(1978_film)

It's a weird creepy movie.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

it also sounds vaguely like The People Under the Stairs

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

sigher posted:

Heart of Midnight?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It was more recent and I also think it was foreign? I don't think you saw much of the outside world in the film but whatever you did see looked war torn/post apocalyptic, and the building she was in was nasty and filthy.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

sigher posted:

It was more recent and I also think it was foreign? I don't think you saw much of the outside world in the film but whatever you did see looked war torn/post apocalyptic, and the building she was in was nasty and filthy.

Delicatessen?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delicatessen_(1991_film)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I would have seen this on TV in the 80s. There's a chase scene with two people in a flat-nosed semi. When the bad guys catch up and things get hot, they either climb or drop down in a compartment under the cab. Seconds later they emerge from under the cab in a sleek flat sports car that's been hidden as part of the truck.

I'm not 100% sure of the following: the bad guys were on bikes, the chase happened in a forest or jungle area, and the sports car was red and white.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

I would have seen this on TV in the 80s. There's a chase scene with two people in a flat-nosed semi. When the bad guys catch up and things get hot, they either climb or drop down in a compartment under the cab. Seconds later they emerge from under the cab in a sleek flat sports car that's been hidden as part of the truck.

I'm not 100% sure of the following: the bad guys were on bikes, the chase happened in a forest or jungle area, and the sports car was red and white.

It may not be what you're looking for, but this sounds like Knight Rider

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

Condorman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Sy_ramx24

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://i.imgur.com/w1jlDyN.mp4

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Holy Mountain
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071615/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
This was YEARS ago like back in the 90's when I saw it(movie might've been from the 80's most likely), but I remember this old movie about a cop/US Marshal/lawman what have you where he has a Twilight Zone moment where he gets sent back in time to the old west and fights some supernatural outlaws. Some things I remember were that the Outlaws can only be killed by the same gun or bullet that killed them the first time over, the main bad guy was this masked outlaw guy who I think gets killed by taking a sheriff star to the head like it was a shuriken, and that the movie cover had a skeleton dressed in cowboy attire.