Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Legacy or death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i cant believe i spent like 8 years or so as an active participant in srb2's community when it was nothing but 1.08 and 2.0 and now that there's actual updates im not playing lol i REALLY ought to download this now

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Dabir posted:

someone make sonic adventure style emerald hunt levels in this engine, they'll finally be tolerable
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Emerald_Hunt
it's an officially supported game mode! Don't know if anyone's made/ported any hunt levels to 2.2 yet though

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dabir posted:

someone make sonic adventure style emerald hunt levels in this engine, they'll finally be tolerable

Person on my discord server is trying to recreate Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Dunno if they'll finish it but they have aquatic mine done

They've updated how it looks since but this is the only screenshot I could dig up.

Here's white forest I saw the other day Link

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Looper posted:

did anyone else think the turtle gag was a reference to comic sonic's very first friend tommy the turtle or do i have sonic brains

That scene was added after Hesse came on board (and storyboarded by him) so it's possible, but probably just a coincidence.

azurite posted:

Anyone else notice the sun from Sonic 1 concept art on his world map in the beginning?

Tyson also designed the map. I think the Saturn and Dreamcast logos are on there too, as well as the master emerald.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BrokenGameboy posted:

For a second I thought that was a Sonic R hack and was a little excited. Hate me all you want, but that game is actually pretty neat,and I wish it would get more love.

I hope they return to the idea someday instead of another kart game. R wasn’t a great game but a great idea that deserves another shot with modern tech.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cut EVIL SPACE LIZARD

Also, concept artists severely overestimating their hiring power.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Rework the lizardmen thing and put Vector into the sequel

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The sequel should have Rouge the Bat vore Jim Carrey

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
xD

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Keep em coming my man

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

sharrrk posted:

Keep em coming my man

If they follow my suggestions then we'll all be coming

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
to the cinema to watch the sequel, of course

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

They wanted to get one of the Chrises to be in this movie so bad.

Robot Style posted:

That scene was added after Hesse came on board (and storyboarded by him) so it's possible, but probably just a coincidence.

Tyson also designed the map. I think the Saturn and Dreamcast logos are on there too, as well as the master emerald.

Man, how much authority did Tyson have?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MJeff posted:

Man, how much authority did Tyson have?

Yeah, I'm really surprised to hear he did anything more than visual design but it sounds like he had massive input.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

"Listen. This kid is the actual #1 Sonic fan. We've done the science on it. Do whatever he says"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like to think that none of the higher ups knew about his Nipples the Enchilada comic and it was just constantly hanging over him like a sword of Damocles

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

There's plenty of emblems to hunt for already.

ArfJason posted:

i cant believe i spent like 8 years or so as an active participant in srb2's community when it was nothing but 1.08 and 2.0 and now that there's actual updates im not playing lol i REALLY ought to download this now

it's really good arf

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

2.2 is like a completely different game compared to 2.0 or even 2.1

also

ArfJason posted:

Legacy or death

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I like to think that none of the higher ups knew about his Nipples the Enchilada comic and it was just constantly hanging over him like a sword of Damocles
Actually, his business cards specifically state Tyson Hesse, Creator of Nipples the Enchilada.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

There's plenty of emblems to hunt for already.

yeah, in long linear levels. I want more playgrounds to just run and jump and glide around in, basic movement is so good now

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Calaveron posted:

But that was the best thing he ever did???

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I was a Hesse fan before it was cool, I loved Sonic Argh back when I was a doofy 11 year old that read sprite comics.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Calaveron posted:

I hope he lives in constant fear of it, like the product designer who based the N Gage on goatse.

Or better yet, has it first page on his portfolio.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I think the best reference was the racecar bed.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Heran Bago posted:

Or better yet, has it first page on his portfolio.

"This is who I am. If you can't take me at my Arms The Flying Kitsune, you don't deserve me at my Saving Your Movie And Also Franchise"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yo how long has SRB2 had a lock on? is it just with the new gameplay style? Cause this owns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbRqHhMO9Ko

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Why aren’t more people talking about the fact that there was literally a Sanic reference in this movie??

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

Why aren’t more people talking about the fact that there was literally a Sanic reference in this movie??

It's on screen so briefly and people are probably looking at the guy talking.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I caught it, and it was probably the funniest thing in the whole movie.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a Sanic shirt in Sonic Forces and I want to say Sega sold official Sanic merch at one point, I guess Sega just bought the image at some point.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGfG0JqJl-w

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Preorder: Sonic 3

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/arcade/products/tiger-electronics-sonic-the-hedgehog-3-edition/11100706.html

E: Fixed link

It's a re-print of the Sonic 3 Tiger Electronics Handheld. For some reason people are having problems with the link working.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 19, 2020

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm getting Access Denied, so I'm guessing they've taken it down as quick as they could.

Please tell me that was real.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's quite real. Not sure why the link isn't working.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

What was it?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:thejoke:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You motherfucker

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I miss Sonic 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ya know, has Sonic the food place ever actually done a tie in with Sonic the Hedgehog? The the font on the logos has always been weirdly similar.

Also that Tyson joke is good