Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
What happened to the dumbest stalker thread in gbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Telsa Cola posted:

What happened to the dumbest stalker thread in gbs?

Stalker found it.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Stalker found it.

Haha seriously?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Telsa Cola posted:

Haha seriously?

yeah, goons were touching the poop, posting photos from his website and such.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
The stalker became the stalked.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
ugly in the morning, paging dr ugly in the morning, i made a new worst thing iv'e ever said: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914849&pagenumber=1#post502620413

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Ugh, thats such a basic and simple rule but I guess Goons are the reason we cant have nice things.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Even as wholesome a saga as Groverhaus still had morons doing drivebys of the place and poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wow...I'm honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did, though, there were a few folks alluding to having found the guy from gofundme/legal docs/whatever quite a while back. Goons gotta goon I guess.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

ugly in the morning, paging dr ugly in the morning, i made a new worst thing iv'e ever said: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914849&pagenumber=1#post502620413

It’s no fun unless I stumble across a post and turn it into a redtext within about two minutes of that post being made.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
okay, okay. i will invest in a handle of everclear and go tell CSPAM what i think of them.

i just want you all to know, if i get banned in doing this, it will have to have been a pleasure for to have being posted with you.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Burt was on it in terms of striking down any Copy/pasted stuff, and goons were pretty good at respecting it too. I seem to recall the stalker hyper-Googles himself with all his free time, and we were mentioning a lot of search terms from his gofundme. That's what I'm leaning toward. My wife asked for it to be disappeared for now. The thread still exists, so we'll see.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

small ghost posted:

I just wanna post the stupidest dinosaur names like velociraptor (speedy grabber) and allosaurus (other lizard) and apatosaurus (deceptive lizard).
i just want to hound people out of the forum for posting about dimetrodons and pterosaurs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghostlight posted:

i just want to hound people out of the forum for posting about dimetrodons and pterosaurs.

It really should be an extinct megafauna forum because I want to post about smilodons

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Burt was on it in terms of striking down any Copy/pasted stuff, and goons were pretty good at respecting it too. I seem to recall the stalker hyper-Googles himself with all his free time, and we were mentioning a lot of search terms from his gofundme. That's what I'm leaning toward. My wife asked for it to be disappeared for now. The thread still exists, so we'll see.

I don't know if GoFundMe offers referal analysis, but people sharing it per PM might have done it.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Lurking Haro posted:

I don't know if GoFundMe offers referal analysis, but people sharing it per PM might have done it.

I ran one recently, and I do not remember seeing any kind of specific information like that, not even pageviews. If the organizer had sent out emails through the website, it might have tracked some info that way, but I don't think that would apply in this case anyway.

Drunk Nerds, good luck to you and your family! I hope things go as smoothly as possible from here on out.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks for the update, glad your safe still. Mind yourselves!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Thanks for the update, glad your safe still. Mind yourselves!

I want to curb discussion of it, here, because I'd hate for this thread to get compromised, as well.

So if anyone wants updates, pm me.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I want to curb discussion of it, here, because I'd hate for this thread to get compromised, as well.

So if anyone wants updates, pm me.

time to make a patreon or a newsletter.... (I'm only half joking)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
There are a lot of lurkers on SA. Even if people posting in the thread seemed chill, it's most likely that someone who read the thread (but didn't necessarily post) sent the link to the stalker.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
It's not impossible Stalker Dude himself is on the forums. He had a screenshot of a post from the thread, or at least did a copy+paste of the post's contents.

It could also have been from well before the paywall went back up, as well.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

what's odd is that the image wasn't included in his post initially. he added it after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if some rear end in a top hat goon sent it to him or tipped him off.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Personally, I think it was one of the idiots that kept begging for someone to send them the link, because being too dumb to work a search engine probably correlates with being too dumb to avoid poop-touching.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Like I said, just PM me I've got massive new details. I don't want him finding this thread and then somehow spilling into everyone else's lives, here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

purple death ray posted:

It really should be an extinct megafauna forum because I want to post about smilodons

is there such a thing as a frownodon

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm ready to have a discussion about Dinosaucers (syndicated, 1987) that doesn't almost immediately devolve into slap-fights and immaturity

I remember the theme song to this but literally nothing else.

https://youtu.be/gy7fO2i9y94

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Phy posted:

is there such a thing as a frownodon
People confuse them with Metaphrons all the time.

I just want there to be an Extremosaurus GigaMAX.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I had a firmly-held belief as a child that all herbivore dinosaurs would automatically be gentle, and my friend.

I don't know if dinosaurs are going to get a RSF, but if y'all want to start a PYF prehistoric life thread that happens to derail and wander as much as any long-lived worthwhile PYF thread, you have my enthusiastic blessing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pyf genetic dead end

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Brain Curry posted:

I remember the theme song to this but literally nothing else.

https://youtu.be/gy7fO2i9y94

how can you forget, 'not the mama!'

god that show was so good, we used to go out of our way to be in front of the TV to watch that and The Simpsons as a family when I was little

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The finale of that show was loving brutal though

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The finale of that show was loving brutal though

Wait, this isnt the sitcom one where they realize they are all hosed from climate change?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Telsa Cola posted:

Wait, this isnt the sitcom one where they realize they are all hosed from climate change?

Yes it is. Which goes to prove climate change is not a man made phenomenon

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Yes it is. Which goes to prove climate change is not a man made phenomenon

That was always obvious though. Dinosaurs caused it then we dug up the dinosaurs and burned them and now it's back again.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"Carbon dioxide"? :rolleyes:
More like vengeful dino ghosts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Peanut Butler posted:

how can you forget, 'not the mama!'

god that show was so good, we used to go out of our way to be in front of the TV to watch that and The Simpsons as a family when I was little
dinosaurs the prehistoric puppet version of roseanne is not the same tv show as the cartoon dinosaucers about intelligent evolved saurians from planet-x fighting each other on earth to sell toys.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

dinosaurs the prehistoric puppet version of roseanne is not the same tv show as the cartoon dinosaucers about intelligent evolved saurians from planet-x fighting each other on earth to sell toys.

yes one difference is that I just learned abt dinosaucers right now

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Telsa Cola posted:

It is heavily implied they die due to an ice age. This ice age is explicitly shown to be the end result of capitalism, and the capitalists who caused the apocalypse continue to profit off it.

quote:

The series finale of Dinosaurs, titled "Changing Nature", depicts the irresponsible actions of the dinosaurs toward their environment, and the ensuing Ice Age which leads to their demise. In the episode, a swarm of Bunch Beetles are unable to show up and devour a form of creeper vine. Charlene discovers that WESAYSO has constructed a wax fruit factory called FruitCo on the swampland that serves as the Bunch Beetles' breeding grounds, causing the extinction of the species (save for one male named Stan). Fearing a public relations fiasco more than any environmental threat, WESAYSO quickly puts Earl in charge of an attempt to destroy the vines, which have grown out of control without the beetles to keep them in check. Earl proposes spraying the planet with defoliant, which causes the destruction of the vines, but also kills off all plant life on the planet. B.P. Richfield assumes that the creation of clouds will bring rain, allowing the plants to grow back, and so decides to create clouds by dropping bombs in the planet's volcanoes to cause eruptions and cloud cover. The dark clouds instead cause global cooling, in the form of a gigantic cloud-cover simulating the effects of what the viewer would recognize as nuclear winter that scientists estimate would take "tens of thousands of years" to dissipate. B.P. Richfield dismisses this as a "4th quarter problem" and states that WESAYSO is currently making record-breaking profits from the cold weather selling blankets, heaters, and hot cocoa mix as the result of the "cold snap." Later, Earl apologizes to his family and Stan for his actions that led to the end of the world. Baby is assured that no matter what happens, they will always be a family. At DNN, Howard Handupme concludes his final broadcast.

It was surprisingly prescient, tbqh

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Stegosaurus was my childhood favorite because of the cool spines on its back and the spiky tail to beat the poo poo out of other dinos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FuturePastNow posted:

and the spiky tail to beat the poo poo out of other dinos

:colbert: