Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

The Big Ten is going to be even crazier next year. Thankfully Penn State will fall off a cliff. I don't have a good handle on who declares beyond Oturu, and no idea on transfers. And I think Nebraska and NW lose some seniors. But most of the top teams are returning most of their players.

You'd think Rutgers would be good next year since they are bringing back all their best players but since i got season tickets, it's a good chance they will fall off a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

mcmagic posted:

You'd think Rutgers would be good next year since they are bringing back all their best players but since i got season tickets, it's a good chance they will fall off a cliff.

I'm really interested in Michigan's offseason.

Austin Davis didn't have a shot at a 5th year earlier this year, but I think he has played himself into a 5th year at Michigan. Livers may have gotten injured too much this year to go pro, but if he plays well down the stretch, he could play himself into the upper 2nd round.

I see Castleton, Bajema, and Nunez transferring out since Michigan is bringing in a 6 man class, but I'd put money that Jace Howard is a walk-on at least for the first years to make the numbers work.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kim Jong Il posted:

The Big Ten is going to be even crazier next year. Thankfully Penn State will fall off a cliff. I don't have a good handle on who declares beyond Oturu, and no idea on transfers. And I think Nebraska and NW lose some seniors. But most of the top teams are returning most of their players.

Purdue should be back up there, we really only lose Proctor and he was a grad transfer to begin with. Boudreaux puts in decent minutes but he's more of a sixth man than anything. I'm just worried that nobody will take the next step up to be a go-to guy - Trevion Williams could be great, but I don't think he is good enough to be The Guy for a team just yet.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Poque posted:

Purdue should be back up there, we really only lose Proctor and he was a grad transfer to begin with. Boudreaux puts in decent minutes but he's more of a sixth man than anything. I'm just worried that nobody will take the next step up to be a go-to guy - Trevion Williams could be great, but I don't think he is good enough to be The Guy for a team just yet.

Boudreaux will be gone as well. As for stepping up, I like Eric Hunter's chances of continuing on his upward path. He made a big jump from last year to this, and just a little more he can be the crunch time guy they need. After that some consistency from their shooters and a little more athleticism, which should be coming with the incoming class / the red shirt guys and they should be fine.

I forgot the biggest loss this season, Tommy Luce graduates.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 18, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

Boudreaux will be gone as well. As for stepping up, I like Eric Hunter's chances of continuing on his upward path. He made a big jump from last year to this, and just a little more he can be the crunch time guy they need. After that some consistency from their shooters and a little more athleticism, which should be coming with the incoming class / the red shirt guys and they should be fine.

I forgot the biggest loss this season, Tommy Luce graduates.

I expected Wheeler to take more of a step up this season. Hopefully it happens next year. Thinking back to some of those tourney games last season, he really seems like he could easily be the most athletic guy on the court.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Big XII should also be intense and interesting next season.

Baylor loses 1 of their top 5 to graduation, none to the draft.

Kansas loses Moss and Azubuike, but doesn't seem to have anyone projected for the 1st round of the draft and they're Kansas

Texas Tech loses Clarke and Holyfield and likely loses Ramsey, but has twice the production of Ramsey coming in, plus more size. And it's not certain that Ramsey is a one-and done, since he's projected at the back third of the draft.

WVU loses Haley and Harler, but they're such a team effort sort of team and are generally quite young.

OU loses Doolittle, but are also a younger team.

OSU signed the top player in the 2020 class.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would be utterly shocked if Dotson didn't leave, even if he gets drafted at the end of the second round. It was a miracle that he stayed this year.

We thought Isaac McBride was going to step in but the fit wasn't good and he moved on to Vandy.

I imagine a senior Marcus Garrett will run point next season and 5* shooting guard Bryce Thompson will work with him. That's a big backcourt, 6'5 and 6'4

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Kirios posted:

I don't think I could ever get sick of watching North Carolina lose. Nice 3-12 conference record!

They’ll probably beat Wake and lord knows they’ll finish sweeping State but 5-15 still might leave them in last place.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Poque posted:

I expected Wheeler to take more of a step up this season. Hopefully it happens next year. Thinking back to some of those tourney games last season, he really seems like he could easily be the most athletic guy on the court.

I don't see anyone on this team being the guy next year frankly. Williams is good but that's about it - the guards just aren't good enough

Edit: If Eastern stays and learns how to shoot then yeah but lmao at that happening

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 19, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Ayo Dosunmu, who I thought would definitely have multiple busted knee ligaments, started and dropped 24 on Penn State.

I think he's alright!

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

facialimpediment posted:

Ayo Dosunmu, who I thought would definitely have multiple busted knee ligaments, started and dropped 24 on Penn State.

I think he's alright!
Made even better by the coaches being miced up and Underwood yelling at our pseudo-power forward "You are zero for your career on dunks--lay the ball up" after getting stuff.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/BDavisAAS/status/1230294616966082562

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan is rounding out. Solid win to give Rutgers their first home loss of the season. This team with a healthy Livers will get to the 2nd weekend in the tournament.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan is rounding out. Solid win to give Rutgers their first home loss of the season. This team with a healthy Livers will get to the 2nd weekend in the tournament.

Game review: https://twitter.com/MichiganOnBTN/status/1230300319260856322?s=19

Edit: gently caress DUKE

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 20, 2020

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I love Buzz Williams and Kelvin Sampson

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress Duke

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

iospace posted:

gently caress Duke

I do not understand this season but I'm tucking tonight in my pocket at least, that was a shitkicking

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

elentar posted:

I do not understand this season but I'm tucking tonight in my pocket at least, that was a shitkicking

This season is totally 2007 football.

March is gonna be bonkers.

(Or, because it'd be more disappointing after this crazy a season, march will be almost completely chalk)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

kayakyakr posted:

This season is totally 2007 football.

March is gonna be bonkers.

(Or, because it'd be more disappointing after this crazy a season, march will be almost completely chalk)

I'm not even sure "chalk" means much in a year where a Gonzaga, Dayton, San Diego State, and [insert blueblood here] Final Four would count.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://mobile.twitter.com/coreyp08/status/1229982089610768384?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

This means something, this is important. UK won the title each of those years.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Michigan is good, especially with Livers. I think part of it is Rutgers coming back to Earth/running out of steam/whatever you want to call it. I still think they should be a lock for the tournament with one more win (and am optimistic they'll get two), but the committee are not very bright.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
This was pretty cool: https://twitter.com/GreenWaveMBB/status/1230319884074131456?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

elentar posted:

I'm not even sure "chalk" means much in a year where a Gonzaga, Dayton, San Diego State, and [insert blueblood here] Final Four would count.

I'm just enjoying the ride

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Michigan is good, especially with Livers. I think part of it is Rutgers coming back to Earth/running out of steam/whatever you want to call it. I still think they should be a lock for the tournament with one more win (and am optimistic they'll get two), but the committee are not very bright.

Rutgers should be in the tournament, but Livers didn’t play last night.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i think at worst rutgers ends up in the play in game against a pretty good mid major that didn’t manage to win their conference

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/1230539304121794565?s=19

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Football, but dang

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Texas is currently building a $330 MILLION DOLLAR ARENA

Beilein to Texas should be a rumor starting up any day now

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

kayakyakr posted:

Football, but dang

Pitt basketball is accused of the same violation. Sorry that screen grab didn't say it

https://sports.yahoo.com/university-of-pittsburgh-hit-with-probation-for-ncaa-violations-in-basketball-football-180817644.html

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
So basically Kevin Stallings got show-caused for a grand total of 4 ACC wins in 3 years.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

:lol: https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1230616364081041408?s=21

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I hope UNC makes the tournament. They've only gone once before and it would be great to wrap up a historically great season from the with a NCAA berth.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MV your boy may actually win player of the year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

MV your boy may actually win player of the year.

I think it'll probably be Toppin but there are like 12 of them so maybe!

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

So basically Kevin Stallings got show-caused for a grand total of 4 ACC wins in 3 years.

https://twitter.com/CraigMeyerPG/status/1230577408274771970

gently caress Kevin Stallings and gently caress Scott Barnes for hiring him and pushing Jamie Dixon out the door to do so.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Why the gently caress can't Bill Walton call Big Ten games? :gonk:

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1230696493520056321

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Very upset that Bill is disrespecting #1 sweaty man, Sean Miller.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1230891419839143937

Purdue can't shoot on the road in graphical form. Sadly, they weren't able to shoot at home last time they were there either.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan with another nice road win.

I think Franz Wagner is close to taking off. Had 22 points today.