Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i liked iguanadon because he's like a weaponised fonzi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

A whole dinosaur basically made out of achilles heel? No wonder it died out.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

You best not be steppin' on the Thagomizer, yo. It will gently caress you up.

Especially if your name is Thag Simmons.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Dinosaurs also had this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtR2uqR-ge4

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dinosaucers was a loving ridiculous show even among Transformers/TMNT knockoffs of the late 80s/early 90s, and so much about it makes sense if you assume all the aliens are actually just LARPers

Though still not as deranged as The Mighty Ducks cartoon, which has nothing to do with the movies but is about alien ducks and reptiles from another universe in a race war over a planet where the entire culture is based around hockey.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dinodillo? Armasaurus?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
They said "Dinosaucers", which was the cartoon where different groups of space dinosaurs came to earth to fight it out with the help of some teens. It didn't catch on because there wasn't a good distinction between what dinos were sorted to which side

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
Dinosaurs vs DinoSAUCERS get a brain morans

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It was surprisingly prescient, tbqh

idk if 'prescient' so much as 'this has been a recognized problem that nobody does anything about for decades now'

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Peanut Butler posted:

idk if 'prescient' so much as 'this has been a recognized problem that nobody does anything about for decades now'

I don't think there were a lot of other 90's sitcoms going "lol capitalism is going to destroy the planet and kill us all" is what I was getting at

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ghostlight posted:

pyf genetic dead end

Most goons AFAICT.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you're forgetting the f of pyf

Daikloktos posted:

They said "Dinosaucers", which was the cartoon where different groups of space dinosaurs came to earth to fight it out with the help of some teens. It didn't catch on because there wasn't a good distinction between what dinos were sorted to which side

what are you talking about, they are clearly using the most primordial and sacred form of team distinctions - player 1 blue, player 2 red.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Some Dino-Riders erasure here.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Trevor Hale posted:

NYT really underselling the nuances there

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Holy poo poo, now there's a brand I haven't seen in decades. I think I had some of their knockoff Legos, too.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
those are a whole lot of cool dinosaur shows, huh.

but are any of them....... extreme???

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trevor Hale posted:

Dino-Riders were legit awesome. Probably one of favorite toys as a kid. Those and the Playskool dinosaurs were the best dinosaur toys.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Turpitude II posted:

those dinosaurs don't look very friendly

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
let's resurrect Dino D-Day online play

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Why do the extreme dinosaurs appear to be menacing three Mexican stereotypes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's set in new mexico

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Extremely racist dinosaurs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Daikloktos posted:

It's kinda got a weird thing going on where every character has a counterpart on the other side; the evil leader is a T-Rex, the good guy leader is an allosaurus, there's an archeopteryx whose rival is the pterosaur, the ichtyosaur and the plesiosaur, the triceratops and the styracosaurus (extra ironic given iirc it turns out styracosaurus is probably just a full-grown triceratops, or something) and so on. Also the episodes are even weirder. I think there's one where the bird lady gets turned into a human and has a love interest plot becoming an actor or something. And one where they become wrestlers.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Turpitude II posted:

The toys they put out for this show were ridiculously detailed and much cooler than the plain designs from the show. I had the figure of the triceratops as a kid. It weighed like 2 loving pounds and could seriously hurt someone if it got thrown. Which it did in my house, a lot.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

The toys they put out for this show were ridiculously detailed and much cooler than the plain designs from the show. I had the figure of the triceratops as a kid. It weighed like 2 loving pounds and could seriously hurt someone if it got thrown. Which it did in my house, a lot.

yeah, i barely actually watched the show itself. but i did have the pteranodon and the stegosaurus - including war paint version. :black101:

(it came with war paint and i got it stuck in the crevices of the toy and was never able to wash it out)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also the episodes are even weirder. I think there's one where the bird lady gets turned into a human and has a love interest plot becoming an actor or something. And one where they become wrestlers.

the plot synopsis of episode 12, quoted in its entirety from Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia:

"Paul and Sara teach the Dinosaucers how to have fun in winter."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
dinosaucers vs street sharks

:colbert:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

MUMMYS ALLIVE

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
great now i have to dig her up. :mad:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghost Leviathan posted:

(extra ironic given iirc it turns out styracosaurus is probably just a full-grown triceratops, or something)

Wait what

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

“Torosaurus” is potentially the same as triceratops. Styracosaurus is real (as far as we know)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torosaurus

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

My google skills are failing me (truthfully, Google has just gotten worse) but I remember an early 90s cartoon, and I am thinking it was an episode of Reading Rainbow, where a modern human boy wakes up as a pet for a dinosaur child.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I don't think there were a lot of other 90's sitcoms going "lol capitalism is going to destroy the planet and kill us all" is what I was getting at

jim henson knew

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'm still split if Jim Henson bothered to take a day off and not die if the world would be a better place or of he would have somehow gone super chud

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Trevor Hale posted:

My google skills are failing me (truthfully, Google has just gotten worse) but I remember an early 90s cartoon, and I am thinking it was an episode of Reading Rainbow, where a modern human boy wakes up as a pet for a dinosaur child.

Ask in this thread, they've been doing some amazing work.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ghostlight posted:

pyf genetic dead end

All goons see here are mirrors

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spanish Manlove posted:

All goons see here are mirrors
"genetic dead end"

*points to dilz*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

sneakyfrog posted:

Extreme Dinosaurs and Street Sharks are actually connected iirc, one span off the other

Street Sharks toys were pretty rad, and due to being mostly rubber very chewable.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Burt was on it in terms of striking down any Copy/pasted stuff, and goons were pretty good at respecting it too. I seem to recall the stalker hyper-Googles himself with all his free time, and we were mentioning a lot of search terms from his gofundme. That's what I'm leaning toward. My wife asked for it to be disappeared for now. The thread still exists, so we'll see.

I've been reading it since you came back to it around Halloween and I sincerely hope you and your family end up being one of the good Goon Sagas. Stay safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

sneakyfrog posted:

Cowboys of moo Mesa beats both