Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Were those Wii games? Playable on Dolphin yet?

e: Looks like it plays fine. Something to consider, I know I will. https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Resident_Evil%3A_The_Umbrella_Chronicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

They were Wii games originally and I see no reason why they wouldn't run on Dolphin by now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Darkside runs weird on dolphin, at least when i tried it, its the better of the two tho.

I remember these getting rated for pc years ago and they ended up never coming out.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Darkside runs weird on dolphin, at least when i tried it, its the better of the two tho.

I remember these getting rated for pc years ago and they ended up never coming out.

There's a fix for 30fps games stuttering now, you need to disable the check box that refers to inserting blank frames in the 'hacks' section of the graphics options. Also it plays fine with the mouse emulating wiimote input but is still pretty frustrating due to the excessive shaky cam.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

I like that Umbrella gave him the courtesy of wearing socks on the operating table

Can get a bit chilly in there

Vakal
May 11, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dKagm8OoDg

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Holy poo poo the rest I knew about, but had no idea about the lamps and pallets.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I knew about the two lamps by the Press Office but never even considered the four in the park. Mainly because Hunters really are a "shoot on sight" sort of deal rather than "let me kite these guys around a bit".

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I knew about the lamps because they looked jaggy and low-poly compared to the rest of the environment and made me think what was up with them. They did stick out a lot.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I had absolutely no idea about the lamps, but the one that I almost never use is the pallet because the camera angle makes it difficult to hit.

edit : also never managed to use the electric trap in the worm fight reliably

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 20, 2020

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
You know what would be fun? If instead of remaking RE4, which we've established is largely unecessary, they went back to some of those failed prototypes and got something out of them. I want to fight hallucinatory dolls, black fog and and a hookman in either a castle or an airship or ideally both.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fil5000 posted:

You know what would be fun? If instead of remaking RE4, which we've established is largely unecessary, they went back to some of those failed prototypes and got something out of them. I want to fight hallucinatory dolls, black fog and and a hookman in either a castle or an airship or ideally both.

Yeah I fully agree with this.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I mean to my mind they already made that game, its just called Evil Within.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I wish the franchise had went more into alternate continuity sub-series like Metal Gear did (Acid, Ghost Babel) or Mega Man (Battle Network). I'd like to see a follow-up to Gaiden (yes I know) with Leon fighting against Mutant Leon and using some of those hookman hallucination concepts. Not having to deal with the main continuity's nearly 25 years of baggage would allow them to get really weird with it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its been said countless times in this thread but a squad based xcom style tactical game where you respond to bow outbreaks would be absolutely loving killer

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

GUI posted:

Not having to deal with the main continuity's nearly 25 years of baggage would allow them to get really weird with it.

I'd feel more strongly about the baggage issue if they weren't prone to saying "gently caress it" every so often and putting out an RE4 or RE7.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
hurry up r3make

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

rabidsquid posted:

its been said countless times in this thread but a squad based xcom style tactical game where you respond to bow outbreaks would be absolutely loving killer
Tutorial mission where your initial squad all die or go missing, followed by a mission to set your suggested difficulty level by seeing how many team members you can have survive the mission. The survivors become the core of your anti-B.O.W. organization.

GUI posted:

I wish the franchise had went more into alternate continuity sub-series like Metal Gear did (Acid, Ghost Babel) or Mega Man (Battle Network). I'd like to see a follow-up to Gaiden (yes I know) with Leon fighting against Mutant Leon and using some of those hookman hallucination concepts. Not having to deal with the main continuity's nearly 25 years of baggage would allow them to get really weird with it.

Wanderer posted:

I'd feel more strongly about the baggage issue if they weren't prone to saying "gently caress it" every so often and putting out an RE4 or RE7.
Yeah, I don't think continuity would prevent them from making a game that did something different with the series. Something like:

- Leon wakes up in a lab, with no memory of how he got there. Decides to escape.
- Brutally kicks the asses of various scientists and guards.
- Gets hurt terribly by a tough B.O.W. under the control of some evil dude, drags himself away, blacks out.

- Wake up as Leon about to infiltrate the place where the lab is. He fights various guards, B.O.W.s, and their handlers. Gets captured.

- Wake up in the lab again, the terrible wound scabbed over and showing clear signs of virus infection. Leon sets out to find a cure.
- Brutally destroy the scientists and guards who've now clearly been taken over by whatever virus is at play, just absolutely demolishing them with insane wrestling moves, because he has no time to lose. The virus occasionally makes him see himself as a mutated version of himself.
- Get beat up again by a combination of tough B.O.W.s and traps. Escapes once more and blacks out.

- Wake up in a cell inside the lab, where a guard lets you out because you're like his only chance of making it out alive. The place is overrun by zombies, and littered with the bodies of scientists and guards wrecked by wrestling moves.
- You end up fighting Clone Mutant Leon, who has been rampaging through the lab in search of a cure without realizing he's been killing regular humans and turning them into zombies. The hallucinations were the only time he actually saw himself for what he was.
- Leon cures Mutant Leon, who immediately starts asking questions about Ada when he sees Leon has a picture of her.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Wanderer posted:

Apparently there is a way to get through that fight without taking a hit, but it's extremely counterintuitive. IIRC, you walk backwards to bait the first swing, then run around behind him so he loses time on a second windup and make a break for the door. It's one of those things that speedrunners had to figure out a decade after the fact.

I think you can also just un-loving-load on Steve with explosive bolts, but most people just go into that run expecting to have to burn three 100% heals.

Yeah, if you hit Steve, he staggers a bit giving you more time to run away.

I love the original version of Code Veronica. The new cutscenes never really added much to me, but I love the knife, and how easy it is to break the game by just loading up on ammo.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I finished Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS recently and was impressed on how much they managed to pack into a 3DS game. The gameplay was fun, but the story was a bit disjointed and hard to follow, and the new characters weren't very good. I liked it overall.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

I've seen this sentiment many times over the years, but Capcom has dropped that approach for a reason. The concept looked cool but the gameplay with Resident Evil's pace was mind-numbingly dull. When they expanded on it while trying to keep the gameplay engaging they had no choice but to convert the project into another game altogether.

That project became Devil May Cry

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I've seen this sentiment many times over the years, but Capcom has dropped that approach for a reason. The concept looked cool but the gameplay with Resident Evil's pace was mind-numbingly dull. When they expanded on it while trying to keep the gameplay engaging they had no choice but to convert the project into another game altogether.

I don't necessarily disagree with the first part of your post but the fog / hook hand stuff was from prototypes developed after Devil May Cry's release. It was only the first scrapped RE4 prototype that got recycled into DMC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OldMemes posted:

I finished Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS recently and was impressed on how much they managed to pack into a 3DS game. The gameplay was fun, but the story was a bit disjointed and hard to follow, and the new characters weren't very good. I liked it overall.

I’m not going to say he should get his own game but Parker can come back for cutscenes or be a co-op partner (if those are ever a thing again) if he wants to.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Wasn't Parker a protagonist in the second Manga miniseries? Heavenly Island or something?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How come I beat Assignment Ada but am not seeing the Chicago Typewriter for sale in Separate Ways? :argh:

Edit: it's only available in NG+, isn't it?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 21, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i really need to buy revelations on the ps4 or the switch because while i have it on 3ds i physically cannot use the nub.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i really need to buy revelations on the ps4 or the switch because while i have it on 3ds i physically cannot use the nub.

Jill's rear end is so huge, it needs to be experienced in full 3D

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah, I know it's probably not workable. Although the resident evil wiki suggests that the issue with the "hallucination" version is the gamecube couldn't render the regular and hallucinatory versions of the rooms at once or something? If it was a hardware issue we should be past that by now.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How come I beat Assignment Ada but am not seeing the Chicago Typewriter for sale in Separate Ways? :argh:

Edit: it's only available in NG+, isn't it?

I think so, yeah. I know for the main campaign you have to beat SW first to unlock it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think so, yeah. I know for the main campaign you have to beat SW first to unlock it.

Right, that I knew. I just thought I could beeline AA to get it for SW, but alas, no go.

Not looking forward to the ship part of SW. I remember that being super tedious.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DanielCross posted:

Wasn't Parker a protagonist in the second Manga miniseries? Heavenly Island or something?

He's in it. I don't know if I'd call him a protagonist.

Much like Revelations, he spends something like the final third of the series seemingly dead, only for the final chapter to reveal that he's survived.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

New images got leaked. Or highly passable fakes.

https://imgur.com/a/ECHENYV

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Moon's doughnuts sounds so weird when you say it out loud. Moon doughnuts I can get behind.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Kay Kessler posted:

New images got leaked. Or highly passable fakes.

https://imgur.com/a/ECHENYV

Man, can't wait to play this. :allears: I hope we get some media soon, a few minutes of gameplay would be dope.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
previews are on tuesday or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

huh, so the drain deimos/brain suckers do look like the reapers from re5, that combined with the concept art from earlier this week means that leak from the playtester awhile back was real. which means re1 outfit flashbacks baby! which also means hopefully the big boys barry and wesker in re engine...

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Wesker was a loving joke, and the best thing he ever did was get instantly bodied in RE1. He doesn't deserve a REmake quality version.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Yeah but how great would it be to see super high def Wesker get clowned by his own hubris again.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
if they get DC Douglas back to be Wesker then it would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
RE5 wesker is the best villain Resident Evil's ever had so it makes sense to me.