Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Play Samsho

https://twitter.com/krispykaiser/status/1230111446140252161

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I’m not any good at any of the fight games I already own though.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I will play it as soon as the PC release happens.

Please, SNK, please :negative:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
It's legitimately the easiest one to get good at. Low execution barriers for most characters, footsies heavy, and not that many matchups to learn. Some characters like Basara or Hanzo are more technical, but they're the minority.

I only get to play once or twice a week or so and I'm more than good enough to place every local.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

that guy has been saying that and providing no new info for months now.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Goodpart posted:

It's legitimately the easiest one to get good at. Low execution barriers for most characters, footsies heavy, and not that many matchups to learn. Some characters like Basara or Hanzo are more technical, but they're the minority.

I only get to play once or twice a week or so and I'm more than good enough to place every local.

Truly the game the removes the finger puzzles and lets real skill shine.

No throws though, those are cheap.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not. This guy is lying for PR. It's a one year Stadia exclusive and they just don't want to say it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When SNK rolls up one year later which a lovely version of the game that costs 100 dollars for all the season pass characters I'm going to kill that guy with a shotgun.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

That seems excessive

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

In Training posted:

When SNK rolls up one year later which a lovely version of the game that costs 100 dollars for all the season pass characters I'm going to kill that guy with a shotgun.

Cool. ill just buy the game & mina and have fun with that

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

FrostyPox posted:

That seems excessive

Agreed. A handgun would suffice.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Chev posted:

Likely, unless there's special purpose code for local play that can put the two sides in lockstep. Do you remember what major that was? I'd like to read up on that.

Oh, another thing that bears mentioning is a lot of the last day's bad internet takes would have been avoided if Capcom had just explained what they were doing, instead of letting people reverse engineer it after the fact.

It was Capcom Cup, some of the players who had to use the 2 player side were complaining about lag

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Kongming posted:

Pistols at dawn, if the rep wins they'll finally just say the Stadia release is the PC release. If you win they'll keep lying about the Stadia release not being the PC release but you'll get a custom Stadia gamepad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Pistol dueling seems off-brand for a fighting game grievance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Elt mains give no fucks

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Orv posted:

Pistol dueling seems off-brand for a fighting game grievance.

Tell that to Stryker, the big dumb cheater.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

It's honestly just Cassie Cage vs. Erron Black in MK11

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Elt mains give no fucks

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everyone crowding around the main drag in 1910s American West and I just round start qcfA that rear end clean. Sheriff can't do poo poo.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

UNICLR comes out today, I wish it was on PC though so I didn't have to decide if I want to buy a second copy on PS4!!

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

UNICLR comes out today, I wish it was on PC though so I didn't have to decide if I want to buy a second copy on PS4!!

Develop a compulsion to own physical copies of everything because you fear losing access to games, this makes these decisions much easier! Ha! Ha. Haaaaaaaaaaa.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Trailer for Chaos Bringer/Beelzebub dropped this morning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_xCOa5NNOU
Looks like a proper boss character and very fabulous, flying with sings made of swords cannot be practical though. There will also be a trailer next week for Narmaya.
Also a translation for Beelzebub's specials and supers
https://twitter.com/granblue_en/status/1230439986467524608

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
uniclr is probably the most mixed bag game revision I've seen this side of blazblue CP

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

Ill miss hin with the classic bfg 9000 and hell think hes safe because the giant blue orb missed him but little does he know I've rotated my field of view 80 degrees and hes aboit to take massive damage from the rays

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ill miss hin with the classic bfg 9000 and hell think hes safe because the giant blue orb missed him but little does he know I've rotated my field of view 80 degrees and hes aboit to take massive damage from the rays

My favorite part about the BFG 9000 is that it turns out it's just a way bigger super shotgun, a game early.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCqLQJ1EOc

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Cool video, made me learn something today.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

darealkooky posted:

uniclr is probably the most mixed bag game revision I've seen this side of blazblue CP

In what regard?

I play Orie and she’s mostly the same, and heard that Enkidu got some good buffs. Other than that haven’t heard much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some chars probably didn't get enough like wald. But my main got cool new tools so it's the greatest update in history.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I know a guy straight up dropping uniclr because of Wagner getting 6k off throw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wagner "gets 6K off a throw" if they have 100% resources and get a GRD break throw in the corner.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Tipme posted:

I know a guy straight up dropping uniclr because of Wagner getting 6k off throw.

Meanwhile you got Wagner players saying she's trash now

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

In Training posted:

Wagner "gets 6K off a throw" if they have 100% resources and get a GRD break throw in the corner.

That's what I'm saying but theres no getting through to this guy. I suspect hes using it as an excuse to focus on power rangers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did Mika get a vorpal trait yet. :(

Doesn't seem like UNIclr is out in Europe today so I can't check.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
how often does redblade land a throw under exactly those conditions in recent unist tournaments though? the entire "wagner is very mid tier everyone" argument boils down to "even if her pressure and mid/throw game is insane she doesn't get anything off her throw. so just block the mids lol" but now all those times that you get throw countered or try to shield so you can actually win vorpal and get dash thrown you have the potential to lose the entire round. even the grappler doesn't get 6k off a throw no matter how much resource they spend. it's goofy as gently caress. it's not "I'm going to quit this game now" level but it's absolutely really really strong especially since literally none of wagners nerfs from the demo builds actually stuck for the game proper except for 236AA having a gap now, which it always should've had because that was also a ridiculous option nobody else had meterless

MechaX posted:

In what regard?
the entire game feels like it has no reason to be it's own game instead of just a unist patch*. characters like wagner and seth got more buffs than waldstien and carmine. enkidu got buffed but mainly just by making his frame data/damage and move properies insane so he's the sort of character people say wagner was in unist. the only actual New Content are a couple new moves that are just animations from other moves made their own thing (hyde laser is from his IWEX, gordeaus new grim reaper followup is just part of his super, ect), some changes to the tutorial modes but mainly just to give wagner/enkidu actual match practical stuff like everyone else, 5 colors that are the same for every character, and one new character/stage that's nine loving dollars when everyone else is realizing that's way too much and has made them cheaper than that in recent years. Despite the main dev himself asking about ways to improve the netplay the online is the exact same choppy mess as it was all the way back in UNIEL five years ago. the jump from EL to ST was very substantial but the jump from ST to CLR feels like all those filler blazblue titles where they made you buy the game again just for a balance patch and 1 new character, a new character that doesn't even seem especially worth it.

*"but wait a minute", I hear you type, "isn't this game just a patch?". It is if you own the PS4 version. The PS4 version that used to be identical to and have crossplay with the PS3 version. The PS3 version that will not be getting CLR at all. The PS4 version that still has a option in the online mode to filter players by their console which no longer does anything because they've dropped PS3 support but put so little work into this game that they just forgot or didn't bother to remove this setting. If you're an optimist you can maybe hope that PC crossplay is coming, but they haven't even loving announced a PC version at all so I wouldn't hold your breath.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 20, 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't buy the character then. I didn't.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Tipme posted:

I suspect hes using it as an excuse to focus on power rangers.

Well...

That’s not really a bad move honestly

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

This is the real most important question.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Panthera-Arcade-Stick-playstation-4/dp/B07XW1HPSS

Cheap fight stick if anyone needs one.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The dirt move is when they require full Uniclear in order to play on PS5 despite nominal backwards compatibility with PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Mika discord says her FF charges faster.