Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the kentucky quid posted:

My only complaint is that there’s no force feedback on the keys but I’ve kinda got used to it now. But just look at this thing 🤩

When you said you'd spent 2 grand on a synth I assumed it was a huge analogue modular monster, but this thing looks nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My only complaint is that there’s no force feedback on the keys but I’ve kinda got used to it now. But just look at this thing 🤩

Hell yeah, op. Rex the Dog built a synth and it owns https://www.rexthedog.net/modular

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

It’s tiny but honestly it’s worth the money compared to other stuff I was looking at, especially since I was getting it more to just mess around with than do any serious music production. I don’t have to hook it up a computer and start messing around in a music production suite and a bunch of different plug ins to make a song I can just flick this thing on and do everything on it. My only real complaint so far is that the sequencer is kinda underwhelming and it’s been easier for me to just play something out and loop it to get the sound I want in some situations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That thing has the aesthetic of a child’s toy

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

That thing has the aesthetic of a child’s toy

That’s sort of the point.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That’s sort of the point.

Ah, lure them in easier?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Innovation is cool when it's a team that comes up with a big leap that makes them contenders when they weren't before.

When it's a team that has won the last six titles on a trot it just means you'll have a boring season as they win the seventh.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sulphagnist posted:

Innovation is cool when it's a team that comes up with a big leap that makes them contenders when they weren't before.

When it's a team that has won the last six titles on a trot it just means you'll have a boring season as they win the seventh.

Oh here it is, the requisite “F1 is boring and I won’t watch bc my team isn’t winning” post

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Oh here it is, the requisite “F1 is boring and I won’t watch bc my team isn’t winning” post

No, it's boring because the same team has had by far the best car for 7 years. Sure it's on other teams to catch up but they haven't and it's boring.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wiltsghost posted:

No, it's boring because the same team has had by far the best car for 7 years. Sure it's on other teams to catch up but they haven't and it's boring.

Ok great why don’t you post this every year for 7 more years

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Ferrari had the best car last year, not Mercedes' fault they hosed it

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I will if Mercedes has the best car every year.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

Ferrari had the best car last year, not Mercedes' fault they hosed it

laughable

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

McLaren have eaten poo poo for five years and I've watched every single race, you can fuckin deal with it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

McLaren have eaten poo poo for five years and I've watched every single race, you can fuckin deal with it

Respect

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Big Huski Boi posted:

I don't even have a team. I started watching in 2014 and Mercedes has won every race. I'm anti Mercedes.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Cool don't watch any more and let us not know about it

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I've had a team since the early 90s and I'm starting to regret it

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Cool don't watch any more and let us not know about it

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, god forbid someone goes against the mercedes/lewis circle jerk in here.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I’ll be watching Antiques Roadshow and MotoGP this year unless Ferrari is winning in which case I will be watching F1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rebus posted:

Power through that regret, it gets better

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rebus posted:

Hey at least you don't work for them.

(you meant Ferrari right?)

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Sulphagnist posted:

It'll get entertaining when Bottas accidentally pulls his steering wheel off instead of pulling back, torpedoing him into the merc in front of him.

Serious question: Why is Grosjean still driving for haas? Or the other guy, for that matter, whatshisname?
Is there really 0 young talent available to push into a car and see what happens?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1230474278866386944

lmao the fia has known about it and is ok with it

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

mrfart posted:

Why is Grosjean still driving for haas?

Probably got some serious blackmail material

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I saw Stoffels is the Mercedes reserve driver. Be interesting to see if he could do anything in a decent car. Speaking of young talent.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Being a fan of a team is far inferior to watching the sport through the lens of hatred.

I urge anyone suffering because their team or driver of choice is having a bad time to channel that suffering into a burning desire to watch another team or driver suffer. Learn to sustain yourself on the tears of others, you won't regret it.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

keevo posted:

teams don't just do stuff and hope for the best any more, they'll have cleared it before actually developing it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Being a fan of a team is far inferior to watching the sport through the lens of hatred.

I urge anyone suffering because their team or driver of choice is having a bad time to channel that suffering into a burning desire to watch another team or driver suffer. Learn to sustain yourself on the tears of others, you won't regret it.

It's both. Love your team and hate Ferrari.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

We haven't won a race since 2012, the last year Lewis raced for us. So really it's 9 years we have eaten poo poo, but same OP.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Sportscar racing it pretty good. Go watch that.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Tsaedje posted:

This really is the most enjoyable way to approach the sport. It even makes reading /r/f1 fun.

mrfart posted:

Serious question: Why is Grosjean still driving for haas?

Steiner is a masochist who can only become aroused by Grosjean driving into random poo poo for no reason.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bring me all the Ferrari tears. All of them.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

keevo posted:

The most stunning development of the 2020 season: The FIA is Cool and Good

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rebus I have the blueprints for the Mercedes steering system please steal them and implement it on Quick Nick’s car only

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I can’t actually remember whether raising or lowering the steering rack in relation to the hubs induces toe out so I would run that past the suspension guys before going straight to manufacturing

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Rebus I have the blueprints for the Mercedes steering system please steal them and implement it on Quick Nick’s car only

I've improved on this design:

Rebus, please tell Claire that I will be happy to accept the position of Technical Director and I can start work immediately.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The Groverhaas project is really coming together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
I dont understand how toeing the wheels in (or out) gives you an advantage. I assume it does, unless this system is like Merc just teabagging the other teams as they go 1-2 in the first 10 GPs

"look at us wiggle our wheels about and still crush you, FAILERRAI!"