Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Fried Watermelon posted:

We need a Nextdoor thread.

It's literally the only place I've ever defended the police.

For as much as people (rightly) complain about how people abuse the anonymity of the internet to be dicks, Nextdoor is proof positive that said anonymity is not a requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Fried Watermelon posted:

We need a Nextdoor thread.

It's literally the only place I've ever defended the police. Some idiot kept posting and bitching about how police were out ticketing people who drove over 30 km/hr in a school zone during the holiday season when "kids aren't even in school". He failed to realize that the signs are clearly posted before every school zone in our city: "30KM/HR | SEPT - JUNE | MONDAY-FRIDAY". Also the school zone in our neighbourhood is one of the only parks for children so it sees constant use.

Dude argued for days and kept getting more and more irate. I would just respond "signs are clearly marked" and he'd bitch about not being able to afford the tickets (can be up to $500 depending on how many times he does it), how he is glad I'm a rich person who can afford money being taken from me (?), how he hopes nothing bad ever happens to my family, how he hopes I never make a mistake in my life, etc. In the end he wanted the last word and left with a "I guess we will just have to agree to disagree".

I kept arguing with him since our area has a huge problem with lovely drivers hitting children. It's a newer area near the edge of the city so people think they can just drive as fast as possible since there are less people around.

My family has a vacation house in a Nextdoor neighborhood and, about a decade ago, there was a stop sign installed so people didn't go tearing through the neighborhood at 60.

There are some fuckers who don't even rolling stop the sign, instead just cruising through it at like 5mph. Every now and then, you'll have a police car hiding there and I'm sure somebody's complained about it but...I mean...the sign is there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

My family has a vacation house in a Nextdoor neighborhood and, about a decade ago, there was a stop sign installed so people didn't go tearing through the neighborhood at 60.

There are some fuckers who don't even rolling stop the sign, instead just cruising through it at like 5mph. Every now and then, you'll have a police car hiding there and I'm sure somebody's complained about it but...I mean...the sign is there.

Stop signs are a total scam, I agree.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Well, if people go too fast the real fix for that isn't stop signs and the road should be narrowed and have stuff built with less of a setback and street parking should be encouraged and :goonsay:.

(Still not a scam as much as a bandaid solution that's not as effective as people want it to be)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Midjack posted:

Stop signs are a total scam, I agree.

Stop signs are great, when people actually obey them and don't honk at you for daring to use the crosswalk as they're approaching under the assumption that, there being a stop sign, they will stop anyway.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Speed bumps are fine

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Nextdoor Idiot posted:

I can't believe the police let people get away with this! Here's a picture of the license plate of someone who almost ran me off the road [read: did something I don't approve of and triggered my road rage] by breaking this [very minor] traffic law!

I called the police and they said they can't do anything about it!

I hope someone else sees this and watches out. The driver was a [teenager and/or minority], who I've never seen around so they probably don't even live here! Our police need to get it together and stop criminals like this!

Other, possibly the same, Nextdoor Idiot posted:

I can't believe I got pulled over for this! The police here have nothing better to do?? I pay my taxes (which are way too high and EVIL), why do we have to put up with this?!

I will be at the next city council meeting DEMANDING that they remove this stop sign! They're just using it as a means to generate revenue and it's hurting us!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

1/10, obvious fake due to proper use of punctuation.

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

1/10, obvious fake due to proper use of punctuation.

:mad:

edit: reported to NextDoor moderators. it's ILLEGAL to disagree with me on the INTERNET.

i hope you like getting SUED

DaveSauce fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 27, 2020

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
A lot of these sex spam emails I get are really weird, but what the gently caress?

"Let me swallow ya kids daddy"!? Who thinks that's sexy?! Who is the target audience?!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A lot of these sex spam emails I get are really weird, but what the gently caress?

"Let me swallow ya kids daddy"!? Who thinks that's sexy?! Who is the target audience?!

Presumably the same audience that thinks “daddy’s cummies” is sexy.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Cronus.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
So carrying on my usual bad luck, our car got broken into last night. Someone completely emptied out the glovebox (we had some PII in there obviously) and center console (our fuckin quarters for parking meters), threw a couple other things around, and left everything else.

What's their goal? What kind of scam or crime even uses the personal info that's just on our car insurance/registration/loan forms? I assume they weren't just after a mint condition owner's manual

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

So carrying on my usual bad luck, our car got broken into last night. Someone completely emptied out the glovebox (we had some PII in there obviously) and center console (our fuckin quarters for parking meters), threw a couple other things around, and left everything else.

What's their goal? What kind of scam or crime even uses the personal info that's just on our car insurance/registration/loan forms? I assume they weren't just after a mint condition owner's manual

Grab what they can as fast as they can and sort it out later or maybe authentic documents to use with a stolen car somehow?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:hmmyes: + :v:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Alright, whats the deal with the deaf renter scam? People who can communicate only through text.

Is this just a new form of advance check fraud? I"m trying to figure out how 'cashier's check for first and deposit' can be leveraged into a scam.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

TheParadigm posted:

Alright, whats the deal with the deaf renter scam? People who can communicate only through text.

Is this just a new form of advance check fraud? I"m trying to figure out how 'cashier's check for first and deposit' can be leveraged into a scam.

My best guess: its advanced check fraud and they have the text messaging all automated. The deaf renter part is an excuse to never talk on the phone which would require an actual person. They'll "accidentally" write a check for too much and ask you to wire the difference to them. Almost no one will fall for it but the operating cost is tiny so they can get by with a low bite rate much like Nigerian prince emails.

Or your giving some poor deaf guy who wants an apartment a hard time :v: (/jk I assume its obviously not legit)

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

hyperhazard posted:

I had someone tell me completely seriously that apartments weren't fair because Those People don't pay school taxes, and yet their kids get to go to the same schools as homeowners' kids. Because I guess the county just throws up its hands and goes "Oh, an apartment complex? Guess they're exempt from all taxes ever."

I had someone rant at me that renters shouldn't be able to vote because "they don't pay taxes." Of course he inherited his property from his parents.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

roffels posted:

I had someone rant at me that renters shouldn't be able to vote because "they don't pay taxes." Of course he inherited his property from his parents.

Votes should be weighted by the dollar amount of tax deductions you claim. Every $1,000 you write off your taxes takes 1% off your vote weight. If you're not contributing your taxes you shouldn't get as much of a say.

Those who are so rich they can claim $100,000 worth of deduction obviously don't need any say because it's already going so well for them.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Votes should be taken away from everybody except for me.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Votes should be taken away from everybody except for me.

Ah, the One Man, One Vote theory of politics. I've heard mixed things about it outside of Ankh Morpork.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Wh... what?!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
You're gonna cause a lot of goons to break their mice from trying to click on that link, I know I just did

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

"Hey honey, I found one! Yeah, she says both men AND women!"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

What the hell have you been snooping through my junk mail again!?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DandyLion posted:

What the hell have you been snooping through my junk mail again!?

Yeah, see what else I found in there:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Sorry Kelly but you were a minute too late, and you know what they say the early bird gets the worm.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I’m cross posting this from the Qanon thread for obvious reasons so if you read that thread don’t read it again here but I am gonna add a bonus paragraph at the end also it’s real fuckin long so you’ve been warned.

:maximum_effort_post: Kind of a derail but some might find it interesting.

I wouldn't say the Dinar scam is directly related to the NESARA/prosperity funds nonsense. NESARA ends up being tangentially related to every long running scam for conspiracy theory dummies just because if you're dumb enough to believe one of them you're definitely dumb enough to believe all of them (CMKX diamonds as another example besides the dinar), but there's no direct link IMO. I.e. the dinar scam isn't a repackaged NESARA scam it's an all new scam that rubs up against the NESARA scam. You didn't have to be a woo woo cult member the Pleaidian lizard people are going to descend upon the earth and begin a new era of peace and love type to end up sucked into the dinar scam, you just had to be dumb and not understand how currency works.

And Trump bitching about exchange rates and currency manipulation didn't add or change anything with regards to the scam. People were buying up Dong and Zim dollars and every other hyperinflated currency many years before that. Trump having billions or trillions of Iraqi Dinar has always been a pervasive rumor in dinar circles though, a decade or more before he became president. Which makes sense tbh, who wouldn't believe The Donald wouldn't be down for some sleazy war profiteering at the expense of some poor Iraqis. The Bush’s are also of course said to have billions of Iraqi dinar.

The Iraqi dinar used to be worth about 3 bucks each. Back then the largest denomination of the dinar was 25 dinar (so about 75 bucks) and IIRC there was around 20 million dinar total in circulation, so a total "money supply" of around 75 million USD. This was in like the 70s though. Not 2002 or even the 90s like the dinar scammers/scammees believe. But Saddam needed money to finance his Kuwaiti vacations, among other things, so he did what all good dictators do and started printing 500 dinar bills and telling people they were still worth 3 bucks each. That didn't really work very well for very long, of course, so he eventually ramped up to 10,000 dinar bills. This 10,000 dinar bill which the scammers say was (or should be) worth over $30,000 was actually worth about $3 while it was in circulation.

Those Saddam 10,000 bills were replaced by the new (current) currency (which includes up to 25,000 dinar bills) at a 1:1 ratio in 2003. At the time the exchange rate was about 1800 or 2000:1 IIRC. Now it's around 1200:1 and has been relatively stable for ~15 years because Iraq has been doing a fairly competent job at managing it by not hyperinflating it and by selling USD from oil sales at the 1200 rate.

So the scam is them thinking and people telling them that the dinar (currently worth 0.00086 dollars each, less than 1/10th of a cent) will be revalued ("RV'd") to, if not it's previous $3 glory (a 350,000% return), to at least $0.86 (a 100,000% return). And it'll do that because Iraq is immensely wealthy (they're not, their GDP per capita is like 90th in the world, below such titans of global finance as Bosnia and North Macedonia) and because the only reason the value tanked was because the US forced it to be worth less so Iraq couldn't finance their wars (needless to say the US did not force Saddam to print 10,000 dinar bills for a decade).

So, in a nutshell, Iraq used to have a money supply of 20 million dinar worth 3 bucks each, now they have a money supply of around 60 TRILLION dinar, worth 1/10th of a cent each, and dinar "investors" just can't figure out why that dinar value can't just go right back to 3 bucks each as soon as the Iraqi government (or Donald Trump, or the Rothschilds, or the space aliens, etc) decide the time is right.

The cast of characters pimping the dinar over the years is what entertained me. You basically had guys like "Okie the Oil Man" and Anthony Renfrow aka "TNT Tony" on one end of the spectrum and a company like Dinar Trade on the other. Dinar Trade being (AFAIK) a completely legit business that just sold dinar without doing any sort of fraudulent lying or marketing (i.e. they're scumbags but not criminals). TNT Tony being a flat out lifetime con man that just latched onto the dinar as a way to make some quick bucks while awaiting trial for defrauding people of millions of dollars in a Ponzi/pyramid scheme known as "14 daily plus" which he eventually did time for (though not enough). And while he was in prison he handed over the family dinar pimping business to his brother Ray and it probably continues to this day, in some form. Usually "conference calls" which have become podcasts since podcasts didn't exist when this all started.

And then in between those two endpoints you've got people closer to the legit side like "Adam Montana" of dinarvets.com. I'm pretty sure he's told some whoppers in his day (that he made big bucks in the "Kuwaiti RV" back in the day being #1) and I'm guessing if the feds felt like it he could be prosecuted for some sort of fraud with regards to the future tax avoidance schemes he sells but for the most part he doesn't really lie and just does a weekly chat session where he googles a couple Iraqi news articles and says the equivalent of "hmmm this seems like good news for us, we're inching ever closer!" He makes his money selling a "lifetime platinum" membership to his website for $400 where you'll get all kind of imaginary/future perks (e.g. a better exchange rate with banks and fabulous post RV investment opportunities) but none of these perks exist until after the RV so since the RV will never happen... And once you spend the $400 you get access to his secret forum where he gives you the hard sell on his more expensive bullshits, here's someone talking about them:

quote:

I’m typically not one to post much, but this subject is one that has been troubling me a lot lately. I signed up for VIP and OSI at dinarscams, as I was a late comer to the dinar world and thought I did not have much time to play catch up (we all know how the RV is going to happen every weekend). I have watched AM’s operation for several months now, and am left with great concern for the welfare of others on that site that may be at risk.

When I signed up for VIP, I figured $17 a month was not bad, but unbeknownst to me was that I was entering a private place where I could have other, more expensive goodies pumped to me. First was the OSI. AM stresses to his VIPs the importance of legal asset protection, not illegal tax evasion via an IBC in the Seychelles, a Nevada corporation, and a bank account in Belize. Okay, sounds good so far. Folks can’t go suing me left and right just because I have money. Now if you can’t afford the entire cost of this package deal right away, you can get your Seychelles corporation name reserved for only $400 and pay the balance after RV. Okay, being on a fixed income, that works for me so I’m in. Now I’m no dummy, and I know AM is getting a cut from this, but we all have bill, right?

So after paying my $400, I gain admission to the private OSI group forum where there is lots of new information to learn, i.e., AM says the federal government may be planning to tax the proceeds from our investment at a rate of 50-70%. Then I start hearing about AM working on plans for getting the Dinar to the Belize bank account. Now here is when things start smelling a little too stinky for my sensitive nose. Some inquired, “Can’t we just wire the funds from our US bank account to our Belize bank account.” AM responded that it would create too much of a paper trail. Well now it is quite clear that AM’s plan is to get the dinar out of the country to cash in with no record of it here. Anyway, back to the plan. AM said he did a test run and was able to get through customs in Belize with $20M, but that won’t work after RV because of the increased value. Some members suggested chartering a flight, AM said no good – still have to go through customs. Some said take a cruise, AM said no good – still have to go through customs. Needless to say, AM, being the heroic leader that he is, finds the perfect solution for the OSI group and dubbed it OGIT (Operation Get It There).

So up to this point I can look at this story and everyone in it (including myself) and say dumb, dumb, dumb. I hope we all learn a lesson from this. Why would we give a dime to a screen name. Maybe an avatar would have been worth a nickel, but really. We have no idea who this guy is, have no references, no contact information, no nothing, nada, zilch. What in the heck were we thinking. I can’t speak for the rest of them, but I’ll admit to periodic lapses of all sense that is good and can be somewhat impulsive. That’s why I will hire the best lawyers, place my money in trusts and have someone pay attention to what I’m doing with it. However, I digress. Anyone with just a smidgen of compassion for your fellow man may want to brace themselves for what I will say next, which is what has me so concerned for some of the OSI members at dinarscams.

AM’s ingenius plan for OGIT is as follows. All OSI members wishing to participate will receive a special security envelope with instructions for mailing their dinar to one of several attorneys hand picked by AM in Belize. The dinar is to be mailed immediately after the RV and the members are to make travel plans to Belize. It is anticipated that the members will arrive in Belize before the packages. The members will be met at the airport by a special security team of mercenaries, again handpicked by AM, and escorted to the hotel. There will be members of this security team at the offices of these attorneys and have been instructed to not allow these packages to leave without their rightful owners. Security will accompany you to the attorney’s office, to the bank, and return you to the hotel or the airport as you prefer.

For those who wish to make there own plans to transport dinar to Belize, they will still be able to avail themselves of the security team once they arrive. These services will run about $3K/day.

Now for those who have not completed their offshore corps prior to travelling, they will be able to pay the balance after cash-in along with an additional fee for expedited service, and the Seychelles corp will be completed in a week. But these members need not worry because AM has made provisions for them, too. Okay, for the most horrendous part of the whole plan. AM has offered a temporary trust account that USD can be deposited into until these members offshore corporations are completed and the corporate bank account is opened at which time AM says a transfer will be made from the trust account to the member’s corporate bank account. This absolutely blows my mind. There are actually people that are thanking him for making this available and it appears their intention is to make use of this.

Now I can not say for sure what AM’s intentions are, but it sure does not look good to me. I wish there was some way I could express these things on the OSI forum and hopefully get people to at least think about what they are doing, but undoubtedly the post would be deleted in minutes and I would be immediately banned. I suspect that one of AM’s faithful followers will be sure that this post gets in front of his eyes.

And, like I said, that's one of the most "legit" guys involved in this scam. It's likely he never gets in trouble since there are people doing way worse that haven't gotten in trouble yet either. Which isn't to say no one has gotten prosecuted, but you have to be pretty blatant about your crimes. Like these idiots that were selling dinar while lying about it (and also paying a third party to lie about it). The rule seems to be that you can sell dinar, or you can lie about dinar, but doing both gets the FBI looking in your direction. These guys did both.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/atlanta-men-convicted-iraqi-currency-scheme-that-made-millions/TnZKdwcZ3sknlU4XRkvcGN/

quote:

“We are risking serious jail time as promoters of a Ponzi scheme…” James Shaw wrote Rhame in a 2010 email. Shaw also said in the email that his wife had been “very nervous” and “crying” because “she knows we are running an illegal operation.”

Then there's these criminal masterminds, that weren't just selling dinar and lying about dinar they were also taking peoples money for a hedge fund that didn't happen to exactly exist (yet!). But, happy ending here, they all got convicted and one of them even died in prison!

https://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2015/04/25/Man-dies-5-months-into-prison-sentence.html

quote:

Less than five months after he began serving a 63-month prison sentence, a Florida man who conspired with two Toledo-area businessmen to sell Iraqi currency as a sure-thing investment has died.

Coenen pleaded guilty in 2013 to conspiracy to commit wire fraud, wire fraud, and five counts of money laundering for falsely promoting the sale of Iraqi currency known as dinar as well as placements in two nonexistent hedge funds.

But as I mentioned, since these people are incredibly stupid, the scammers branched out from the Iraqi dinar to every other hyperinflated currency they could find, which brings us to the Zimbabwe dollar and my favorite story related to all this, the woman and her husband from Colorado Springs that spent their life savings flying to Zimbabwe in an attempt to get a bank to give her literally 69 trillion dollars for a bunch of Zimbabwe trillion dollar notes that had been demonetized (due to hyperinflation) and that she probably bought off eBay as "collectors items" for 5 bucks each.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/khudes/Twitter7.13.15.1.pdf

Here's some of the best bits:

quote:

My name is Terry-------. My husband Charles ______ traveled to Harare Zimbabwe for the demonetization process. We are US citizens, a long term investment in the Zimbabwean dollar was made prior to the deletion of the ten zeros of the currency on the XE international forex. I and my husband had reviewed the demonetization process and had phoned the RBZ several times and confirmed exchange rates of z$35,000 to every $1 USD. The RBZ itself had confirmed this exchange rate for the U.S. Citizens as did the IMF. We arrived in Harare Zimbabwe on June 24th 2015 leaving our two year old son at home with Family. We had been instructed by the RBZ to go into any local international bank to make our exchange... We where then escorted to the reserved bank of Zimbabwe and where sat down by the head officials of the RBZ and told we had no rights to our U.S. Exchange rate and ONLY continued to PUSH Zimbabwean rates at us. We however knew this was a violation of our rights as US citizens and began the crusade to see justice.

We expressed desire to help this country through our exchange of this investment time and time again.

We have spent our life saving and have been Bullied, Stomped on Shoved around and told we have NO rights. I'm not a Dinar holder hoping for a RV here. I'm crusader of God and I have had my eyes opened here to injustice on so many levels. I have now been here for almost a month. I have been lied to about everything. They have said this policy is a law. That must apply to everyone even if we are not apart of the same banking infrastructure. We have spoke with four Zimbabwean lawyers now whom have all said we have a case of fraud then once they speak to the reserve bank of Zimbabwean they ALL sing a different tune. Yet not a single one will pick up the phone to speak to the U.S. Justice department to confirm the SDR rates and exchange rates for US citizens. Not a single one makes a legal case on my behalf. They will all meet with U.S. Hear the story agree what is happening here is VERY wrong and fraudulent.. Give them all one day to contact the reserve and they begin to argue that we are the "public" and that this supposid demonetization is LAW! However there are no laws in this policy and the policy seems to be just a way of confusing the public and making them believe they must of had some account, which NONE actually had. Making them believe the ZIM is going to be demonetized when it's very obviously being bought back for a purpose and that purpose is NOT to throw it in the trash! It dose not take a very intelligent person to see the deception behind this policy and that there are other issues here they are desperate to avoid!

One being that demonetizing has NOTHING to do with when the notes where printed. It means the status is no longer legal NO matter what the year of print.

Two being that there are VERY clear exchange rate differences that have absolutely nothing to do with if a Zimbabwean that lost money in 2008. They only care about the year it was in print. The citizens can't question this as they all believe and are told to believe this is the END of the ZIM dollar. When it truly is just a stall tactic for the currency to slowly make its way back into circulation.

The RBZ continues to give speculations and opinions. However I have consulted with several lawyer on this matter and believe this is a VERY big cover up for the money making process in which the ZIM dollars are sold to prospective investors..

https://twitter.com/HumistonTrista/status/554470923269853184

https://twitter.com/HumistonTrista/status/617247247563157504

Bonus:

My other favorite part of the dinar scam is the selling of dinar “options” which if you’re familiar with the financial instrument is exactly what it sounds like. Instead of buying physical dinar that you can at least sell to some other sucker if you ever wise up you’re paying a lot less for the option to buy dinar if The Big RV occurs during the window you reserved the dinar for (usually 30-90 days). Also called dinar reserves or dinar layaway. The shadier dinar sellers all did it and there were also a bunch of randos on eBay doing it. How anyone could be dumb enough to trust some anonymous eBay idiot to send them millions of dollars worth of currency is beyond me, but, you know...

Instead of paying $1200+ for a million physical dinar you pay ~$100 for the right to purchase a million dinar within the time frame. And also you could frequently pay a lesser ongoing monthly fee to “continue” your reserve. You’d see people on the dinar forums doing math like “I’ve only got 2 grand I can either buy 1.5 million dinar or I can reserve 30 million dinar for 6 months and you’d have to be an idiot to think the RV won’t happen in the next 6 months.” Here’s a company apparently still doing it:

https://treasuryvault.com/reserve-programs

And here’s some quotes from people discussing dinar reserves on dinarvets.com a decade ago:

quote:

Well I sure hope the company I use can back up my reserves , I'm in too deep to let them go. I'm in for the long haul. I don't see how they would be allowed to do what they do unless they were able to back it up. Surely they are regulated. They'd have some HUGE legal issues if they couldn't back up what they sell.

quote:

But on dinartrade, if I don't make the payment for the rest of the 90% I still get the 10% that I paid for... My plan is to put a huge amount on layaway, if it RVs I pay the other 90%, if it doesn't then I just get the 10% that I paid for.

quote:

If one had a reserve (layaway) from Jan 2012 that expired before being paid off, can the down payment be written off as an itemized deduction loss?
And if so, how would it be categorized?
Thanks much!!

Notes from one of the conference call scammers talking about layaway (I cut out about 90% of it, most of these conference calls are 1-2 hours long)

quote:

6/25/2013
• Frank began with his declaration of faith, that he is a Christian, and he begins and ends each conference call by honoring God in prayer; after prayer, Andy lifted the prayer with the shofar horn blast
• Frank reviewed that Monday nights are IQD-only calls, Tuesdays are Bible study night followed by IQD update, and Wednesdays are investment night followed by an IQD update
• The past 5 days and today in particular witnessed historic events happening,
Frank will explain in detail what happened, and the importance and meaning
• Frank encouraged us to pray for one another
• Frank gave a preview of a product which will be highlighted on investment night, a water bottle that not only purifies water, but also removes radiation
• Frank and Eagle1 both put out emergency posts this weekend, and Jack Lew also talked this weekend, the RUMOR is that he talked about the RV of 66 currencies
• Article from Citibank says it obtained prelim approval from the CBI, and by 2050, Iraq’s economy will be in the trillions, and they want to be a part of building (financing) infrastructure projects, with foreign investment, it will happen in a few short years; how? With toilet paper money??????
• Frank use an analogy of a caged animal: when the cage is opened, will the animal just sit and stare at it? No, they will run like the wind; Iraq is poised for explosive growth once they are released, but just like the caged animal, there is one moment of confusion and disarray when the door swings open, but it is only a moment, and then it is confidently on its way; Iraq has been anticipating this for 20 years, these are epic moments, historic moments for Iraq, and a new beginning
• Ramjet 6/23 thread post 201 was an excellent summary; go back and read it; IQD must bring back their currency to an international rate, they must drop the 3 zeros; Iraq must get their citizens to use the IQD; the GOI must raise the value IN-country, but it has no connection to the OUT-of-country rate; all eyes are on the LD’s, looking for them to come out;
WF has kept silent and will say nothing until chpt 7 is lifted, and at that time we should see the rate on the CBI website and on the ForEx; Frank is watching closely for the LD’s between 6/28 – 7/7; remember Frank’s opinion of: June = RD (in-country only), July = RI (out-of-country), Aug/Sept = RV, the rise in value to the asset rate set by the Basel III protocols, Oct = new UST notes in USA (Frank further expounded: this does not mean our bank accounts will be half overnight, but it means cost of imported goods will go up, and the US$ will not go as far, it will take more US$ to make purchases, but in the long run, it will be good for the USA); reminder from Ramjet that currency, including 60 day layaway is available from Frank on his KTFAlways.com website, or by calling him
• Frank has 30 and 60 day lay away plans, credit cards are accepted (not for lay away though); Frank has Indonesian Rupiah, S Korean Wong, and other currencies
• Frank also accepts prayer requests, and there are Prayer Warriors on the forum staff
Frank ended the call with prayer, and Andy lifted up the prayer with the shofar horn blast, and a review of the MB group status

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

That looks interesting, but its also kind of impenetrable when you don't come out and say what dinar and desara are at the start.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Inceltown posted:

Votes should be weighted by the dollar amount of tax deductions you claim. Every $1,000 you write off your taxes takes 1% off your vote weight. If you're not contributing your taxes you shouldn't get as much of a say.

Those who are so rich they can claim $100,000 worth of deduction obviously don't need any say because it's already going so well for them.

How can someone know so little about what taxes are?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Non Serviam posted:

How can someone know so little about what taxes are?

I've been reading more on taxes since this post and it seems like the amount should have been $420 not $1,000. The correct number will be used going forward.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

tl;dr

except for this bit:

quote:

told we had no rights to our U.S. Exchange rate and ONLY continued to PUSH Zimbabwean rates at us. We however knew this was a violation of our rights as US citizens

:lmao:

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
The debt collectors who have mistaken me for a woman named Nadia are blowing up my phone again. The last agent I spoke to said the reason they think I am Nadia is that she called using my number to their office several times last week. I've had my number for 10 years, not sure what's going on.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just block them.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Can't, debt collectors spoof just as much as scammers

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Most use the same ranges over and over, and are generally logged in robo blocklists these days. My app turned itself off so I've had a few sneak through, but now it's back on again I won't get any. Unless you're expecting a call from a new number, screen them anyway and let voicemail do it's job.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FFS, it's looking like for the SECOND TIME IN A loving WEEK a credit card of mine has been cloned. Different provider to the one that happened a week ago (I lent my friend the card to get gas, and I think it had a skimmer on it) so it's not related to that, but two <$2 charges to a store called Mercari that looks to be online based. This is insane. Every single card I've had in the states has been cloned, no matter how few times it's been used - the first card back a year or two ago had been used a grand total of THREE times by me before Hulu and Xbox purchases were made on it.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Mercari is a Japanese online auction/selling site. It's also popular with Chinese scammers. Please use cash at the gas station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I'm guessing they do the usual trick of putting through tiny amounts to test if the card is live and then go for the big hit. Luckily I watch my card like a loving hawk (I wish these 2 accounts gave instant push notifications like Amex does) so I caught them. I check the gas station terminals, but this card has never been used at a gas station but I did buy a soda from inside this plaza on the way home the other day (assistant handled terminal, so not like a pump where someone has access to add/retrieve a device). I'll call them tomorrow and tell them they've probably got someone skimming there, but I doubt they care.