Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I’m the opposite, I think these are his precious lil babies and he loves seeing them do mundane nonsense cause he has this whole idea of them in his head but neglects to let the audience in on it. Like how it’s fun to watch Goku drive cars or farm. Except this isn’t fun, naturally.

Also in the archives this page is somehow the start of the Mongreltown chapter? What kind of sense does that make. The legacy chapter ends on a random two panel page a kickstarter promo for the better series, and the protagonists going to bed is the start of a new journey.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

I’m the opposite, I think these are his precious lil babies and he loves seeing them do mundane nonsense cause he has this whole idea of them in his head but neglects to let the audience in on it. Like how it’s fun to watch Goku drive cars or farm. Except this isn’t fun, naturally.

It's both, really - once again, this is Mookie assuming the audience is psychic and will see the the things he envisions in his head, but without actually having it happen naturally, through, you know, storytelling. And writing. Because that's hard and takes effort and skill.

He has an idea of the feeling he wants them to get to, but has no idea for any of the actual events that cause it. By all rights, Snout should still be PISSED at the Ink Witch about his house, and we should see their emotional journey as he learns to trust and eventually like her, over the course of an adventure or two. But instead it's one montage later and they are best buds. It's like when two characters see each other for the first time in a movie and a voice over declares they are now in love.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

How loving far away was that sign? :psyduck:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
This isn’t that interesting. But at least they did not teleport to the next blank location. He put some effort in, even if it didn’t add much.
And if these two are going to be shoehorned into a relationship, this is better establishment of that then he ever did with Luna. ....which actually is more indicative of Dominic/Lunas relationship now that I think about it.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 19, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Drunk Theory posted:

And if these two are going to be shoehorned into a relationship, this is better establishment of that then he ever did with Luna.
Agreed. This is more established and human than "Dominic and damsel waifu".

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I don't know about you, but those read a lot like wedding vows to me.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

How loving far away was that sign? :psyduck:

On Twitter someone was confused about which way the sign was pointing when the ship came down, and Mookie explained it as "an artistic choice with a minor sacrifice of continuity". :shepface:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

PMush Perfect posted:

Agreed. This is more established and human than "Dominic and damsel waifu".

A bar so low that it is level with the ground.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Rotten Red Rod posted:

On Twitter someone was confused about which way the sign was pointing when the ship came down, and Mookie explained it as "an artistic choice with a minor sacrifice of continuity". :shepface:

I will admit he'd get a laugh out of me if the next two weeks are random traveling followed by a very clear day where they rehash all those old panels in reverse to backtrack to the sign, realized they went the wrong way, and then one-panel travel to Mongreltown.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Mors Rattus posted:

A bar so low that it is level with the ground.

Snout laid butt naked next to his unconscious future love interest without her knowledge, but how could anything be as sinister as these two panels.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

TheHan posted:

Snout laid butt naked next to his unconscious future love interest without her knowledge, but how could anything be as sinister as these two panels.

You've cracked the code. Mookie made a "dialogue-free" comic so FuegoFish couldn't write the Legacy of Dominic Durgan.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I suspect he just has no idea where to go from here or what to do now that he's put the two protagonists in the same place. Until he can contrive a way for the two of them to either A) stumble upon a Bad Guy doing Something Bad (which they'll just stand around and watch happen), or B) have a sex scene; we'll get more of this.

I hope he combines the two and Snout begins plowing inkwich and is interrupted before he busts by an explosion he can't hear and inkwich throws him off to go fight the Green Lantern villain Mookie traced.

Tesseraction posted:

Why does he now no longer sleep naked?

I was going to complain about this too, but I couldn't think of anything funny to add. Snout normally sleeps naked but doesn't want inkwich to see his erect peepee, so keeps his clothes on.

TheHan posted:

Do you think he realizes that he’s following that week of walking with another week of walking.

Do I think Mookie has self-awareness or plans out the comic to avoid issues with pacing? No.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Invisible Clergy posted:

You've cracked the code. Mookie made a "dialogue-free" comic so FuegoFish couldn't write the Legacy of Dominic Durgan.

Speaking as a friend, how loving dare you suggest he couldn't make that funny.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Speaking as a friend, how loving dare you suggest he couldn't make that funny.

Wow, you're friends with FuegoFish? Nice. That guy cracks me up.

I'm sure he could. This is just Mookie's magical thinking defense, like covering his own eyes so his enemies can't see him.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Hm, maybe I will go see this movie.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's like if you were in the middle of an empty prairie in Nebraska, and there's a sign, pointing east, and it says "New York City".

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The real reason he hasn't taken his clothes off is that he's been walking in them for weeks. They're now so smothered in gunk, sweat and whatever he has stepped in over the weeks that he couldn't take them off without ripping his skin/fur off.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Fister Roboto posted:

It's like if you were in the middle of an empty prairie in Nebraska, and there's a sign, pointing east, and it says "New York City".

Hold on, were they confused cause Mongreltown is a million miles away from the sign, or cause Mookie hosed up the 180 rule so badly on that page? Cause it sounds like he’s making an excuse for blowing the continuity of that scene.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

Hold on, were they confused cause Mongreltown is a million miles away from the sign, or cause Mookie hosed up the 180 rule so badly on that page? Cause it sounds like he’s making an excuse for blowing the continuity of that scene.

The tweet I was referring to was in response to the ship crash sequence, well before this travel montage.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Invisible Clergy posted:

I have my reasons for not doing any more Durgan, and those reasons are "loving yikes" and "I have better things I could be doing".

Trying to live a more positive life and spend time on my own creative work these days :unsmith:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Sounds healthy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Fuego Fish posted:

I have my reasons for not doing any more Durgan, and those reasons are "loving yikes" and "I have better things I could be doing".

Trying to live a more positive life and spend time on my own creative work these days :unsmith:

I enjoy the Dragonball RPG snippits you've posted in the DBZ thread :shobon:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The tweet I was referring to was in response to the ship crash sequence, well before this travel montage.

Ah that makes sense, that was another sequence made confusing by the lack of spatial continuity in the Wild Edge.

Oh also,

:nws: Friday's page is what you'd expect. :nws:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This is so loving stupid

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao at the "6 year old who just learned how to draw a cube" cubes

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

So I guess they hosed?

Snout's tail has now migrated all the way around to his rib and turned into a gross scorpion leg.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No I think they're just frolicking in naked dream world. I think he'll actually show some explicit hardcore loving when they gently caress

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
This will be much easier once Snout learns ink magic and can draw his own speech bubbles.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ague Proof posted:

This will be much easier once Snout learns ink magic and can draw his own speech bubbles.

ah gently caress he's going to do this, isn't he

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TheHan posted:

I enjoy the Dragonball RPG snippits you've posted in the DBZ thread :shobon:

Ah that makes sense, that was another sequence made confusing by the lack of spatial continuity in the Wild Edge.

Oh also,

:nws: Friday's page is what you'd expect. :nws:

Whoever predicted a bush to hide her genitals, congrats(?)

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Regalingualius posted:

Whoever predicted a brush to hide her genitals, congrats(?)

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Regalingualius posted:

Whoever predicted a bush to hide her genitals, congrats(?)
:rackem:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

This isn't fun anymore.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this is pretty sad.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

As someone who has seen a lot of dicks, that dick looks unhealthy. Dicks should not bend that way.

Draw better dicks Mookie

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

ah gently caress he's going to do this, isn't he

The only question is whether he'll do this before or after de-powering the Ink Witch so she'll be 100% reliant on Snout.

I just noticed she has two right feet.

Edit:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 21, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This isn't even enough of a disaster to be hilarious. It's just sad.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yeah this was fun to mock like a few months ago but this is just tedious now

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Little Death posted:

As someone who has seen a lot of dicks, that dick looks unhealthy. Dicks should not bend that way.

Draw better dicks Mookie

It's a dream-dick.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I just noticed she has two right feet.

DREAM.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

We can hope for something goofy and/or offensive next update. There being no sense of pacing makes it hard to guess when these things are coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That chest-hair is... Something.