Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pentyne posted:

If the dumpling chat was about those bibigo frozen 6 pack trays then I have to say they are amazing. Frozen to cooked in 2 minutes in the tray, perfect appetizer or midday snack.

The filling actually tastes better then most delivery food dumplings I've had.

Yeah those things are the bomb. Tasty as hell and something like 250cal for the tray. They were on sale just a few weeks ago and I stocked up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Costco's 5bux of tofu is very good, I'm happy to report

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Tried some refrigerated tonkotsu ramen that came in two packs for $8. Everything is really tasty besides the noodles. They have a very strange, almost undercooked-like texture that never seemed to change no matter how long I nuked it. Too bad too, the soup is good.

I haven't tried these but if they're chewy/springy that's what most types of ramen noodles are supposed to be like.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

This is Costco. I want the best jerked off beef a man can buy, god dammit, and I want it in BULK.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I love the bizarre early nature of how Costco stocks some of their seasonal stuff, especially furniture.

It’s 40 degrees outside and my Costco is loving packed with outdoor patio furniture sets. Come April, when it’s 70 degrees, it will probably be replaced with Halloween decorations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

The frozen Yakisoba are poo poo and not worth it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

pentyne posted:

If the dumpling chat was about those bibigo frozen 6 pack trays then I have to say they are amazing. Frozen to cooked in 2 minutes in the tray, perfect appetizer or midday snack.

The filling actually tastes better then most delivery food dumplings I've had.

My children (ages 6, 4, and 2) will happily demolish an entire box of those. Being kids they're not usually fans of cabbage but those things do the trick.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Xaris posted:

I just had to get a new card since my old one wasn't handed back and they were pushing the exec card hard, but I ended up just passing because yeah I don't think I'd pay for it. I don't drive (<50 miles a month), I don't shop at Costco more than just staples+cheese and clothes once a month, and we already have a good 3x dining/travel card. A simple 2% cashback (like citi double) is way more useful overall but it just depends on your lifestyle and needs. Someone who spends a loving assload on gas would benefit from it. Like to break event on an Exec membership compared to a simple 2% back-all, you'd have to spend $3000 on gas a year. If you have a simple 1% cash-back card, you would need to spend $2,000 a year on gas or $6,000 a year on Costco, or some mixed permutation of that. That's also assuming you aren't taking advantage of anb 5% Gas/Grocery/rotating/etc rewards cards, which also exist and are free.

I mean it's not a horrible card, but for basically a +$60 annual fee to have it, I don't feel like it's particularly great enough as it would initially seem compared to 2% back-all-purchases and a 5% back on categorical ones.

I have a BoA cash rewards card that gives me 2% at warehouse stores and I don't feel like that's a particularly rare category for a card to bonus. 2% instore for their signature store-branded branded card. In contrast, Amazon gives you 5% on the Amazon Prime card for Amazon purchases.

4% on gas anywhere is a a really good bonus (and if you want lovely filler beer Speedway/etc have some good deals on Icehouse or Milwaukee Best/Ice tallboys and that counts too).

Overall though, the card is absolutely ruined by the fact that you have to wait up to 12 months to get your cashback. They're not paying you interest on that, and I'd happily take 2-3% next month over 4% at the end of the year.

It's decent for, let's say the fourth quarter, maybe if you wanted to do a bunch of christmas shopping and didn't have another card with a warehouse store bonus, and it's really good for major appliance/TV purchases where you get costco prices plus a 4 year warranty, but overall it's kind of not that great a card.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 21, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I basically ignore "% at our store" benefits. I care much more about the cash back from all purchases or something I'm much more likely to spend money on. I don't go to Costco very often so it doesn't add up to much.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I have a gas guzzler so I need that 4%. :D

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got 800 thread count sheets at the co and I can't wait to sleep on them tonight

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
they're pretty good, couple them with a fleece from Costco and a weighted blanket from Costco and you'll be in heaven.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

This lady's Costco was taller than her is.

Did not get a hotdog because I got a one of those big rear end NY strip loins that I'm going to cut a couple steaks off of and freeze the rest. Also got a bag of tri tips I haven't tried their tri tips yet but they look pretty good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

toplitzin posted:

The frozen Yakisoba are poo poo and not worth it.

I didn't even know there was frozen Yakisoba I've gotten the fresh ones that come with 4 portions in a bag (that aren't frozen but need refrigerated) and the other ones that come in a box (6 per? 8?) and don't need refrigerated.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I get the frozen yokisaba all the time.

That's some huge rear end asparagus you got there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's some huge rear end asparagus you got there.

Its the only king I like. Nice and thick, I like to grill em next to a steak. Perfect meal.

Also makes your pee smell great! :D

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Yeah seeing snorkeling gear in January in this region is bizarre.

I want to see some Kirkland ice fishing gear.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
https://www.10news.com/news/costco-may-soon-require-membership-to-buy-at-food-court

No more hot dogs for the plebs.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

good :colbert:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I remember seeing a teen who was completely barefoot on the sticky food court floor and if that can keep his ilk away I am all for it *shudder*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i genuinely can't imagine there's such a mass of people going to costco food court without a card. i guess it varies by location, but all the costcos are usually out of the way or a zoo to bother dealing with unless you're also getting gas and shopping there. like yeah im sure it happens, but not enough to bother wasting employee's times checking, customer times bringing it out. i guess if they used a self-checkout kiosk that runs a card ala the gas station, that makes sense.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Xaris posted:

i genuinely can't imagine there's such a mass of people going to costco food court without a card. i guess it varies by location, but all the costcos are usually out of the way or a zoo to bother dealing with unless you're also getting gas and shopping there. like yeah im sure it happens, but not enough to bother wasting employee's times checking, customer times bringing it out. i guess if they used a self-checkout kiosk that runs a card ala the gas station, that makes sense.

I frequently went to the 'Co for the food court without a membership when I was younger and poorer. It was in a convenient location, and they had an outdoor food court so I didn't even have to go in. The value can't be beat!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I guess post-superbowl/Christmas regrets are still happening since there were like 6 Open Box tvs in a corner of Electronics today.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

arisu posted:

I frequently went to the 'Co for the food court without a membership when I was younger and poorer. It was in a convenient location, and they had an outdoor food court so I didn't even have to go in. The value can't be beat!

Yeah it was a frequent stop in college, after I was off my parents membership but didn’t have my own. There was one close enough to be a viable stop on the way too and from poo poo and a $10 huge pizza was food for a few days or the $1.50 hotdog for a quick meal.

I mean it took longer than doing whatever else but I was broke and my time was worth gently caress all so I didn’t care.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Considering there's also an LA and a Bay Area region, it's not necessarily a California - Colorado thing. Culturally I'd say Colorado is more in common with the Northwest region, at least in the area with the most Co's.

Wyoming getting what Wyoming deserves.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I’ve driven through Wyoming twice and literally saw nothing but the occasional farm and the rest was empty.

Sometimes I forget it’s a state until I have to drive through it to get to a real place.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

kloa posted:

I’ve driven through Wyoming twice and literally saw nothing but the occasional farm and the rest was empty.

Sometimes I forget it’s a state until I have to drive through it to get to a real place.
Wyoming is a weird state. 80% of it is pure flat farmland midwest trash, but the north-western side in the shadow of the Tetons is drop dead loving gorgeous. I would love to retire to a ranch out there in the teton shadow (but probably the Montana side because it's far cheaper since everyone else has the same idea)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

Wyoming is a weird state. 80% of it is pure flat farmland midwest trash, but the north-western side in the shadow of the Tetons is drop dead loving gorgeous. I would love to retire to a ranch out there in the teton shadow (but probably the Montana side because it's far cheaper since everyone else has the same idea)

Coincidentally, that's the part of Wyoming that the rest of the state resents because of out of state transplants with money. It is an awful state full of awful people who have given the world the gift of the Cheney family. gently caress Wyoming and everyone in it. They do not deserve a Costco, and I'm glad they don't have any.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

My local Costco shares a parking lot with two massive Amazon distribution warehouses and at lunch time the food court is absolutely packed with warehouse workers getting cheap eats.

Feel kinda bad for those guys now.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FCKGW posted:

My local Costco shares a parking lot with two massive Amazon distribution warehouses and at lunch time the food court is absolutely packed with warehouse workers getting cheap eats.

Feel kinda bad for those guys now.

Wait until the policy goes into affect. Then at their lunch time go an order 100 dogs and drinks. Sell them to them in their parking lot for $3 each.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Organize a lunch union, dues go directly to 10 dollar pizzas, cases of Kirkland seltzer, ice, and yearly fees. The workers must seize the methods of productlunch!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!
My friend's dog chewed the living poo poo out of my glasses a few weeks ago and I've been wearing a 2 script old pair of safeties at work and everywhere else because they are my only backups.

Time to one shot the eye doctor and buying a new pair of walkin' arounds and a new pair of safeties at Costco this morning.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah it was a frequent stop in college, after I was off my parents membership but didn’t have my own. There was one close enough to be a viable stop on the way too and from poo poo and a $10 huge pizza was food for a few days or the $1.50 hotdog for a quick meal.

I mean it took longer than doing whatever else but I was broke and my time was worth gently caress all so I didn’t care.

Rich people pay with money and the poor pay with time.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Coincidentally, that's the part of Wyoming that the rest of the state resents because of out of state transplants with money. It is an awful state full of awful people who have given the world the gift of the Cheney family. gently caress Wyoming and everyone in it. They do not deserve a Costco, and I'm glad they don't have any.

:(

I vote, and not for those buttheads. Please give me a Costco so I don’t have to go to Colorado to shop.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Joburg posted:

:(

I vote, and not for those buttheads. Please give me a Costco so I don’t have to go to Colorado to shop.

Please apply for refugee status. You clearly don't deserve the hell you must deal with daily.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Xaris posted:

Driving west a few months back I hit the western area of Wyoming as the sun was setting. Absolutely the most beautiful part of my drive across the country. The rest of the state was a barren wasteland of course.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

tangy yet delightful posted:

Driving west a few months back I hit the western area of Wyoming as the sun was setting. Absolutely the most beautiful part of my drive across the country. The rest of the state was a barren wasteland of course.

Yeah if you hit the sun-rise and sun-sets (on either the MT/ID or WY side) it's really just amazing, especially in spring-time where there's a lot of wild flower blooms. I absolutely love southern Utah and areas as probably some of my top favorite scenery, but Teton range area is just so loving spectacular.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 21, 2020

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

They really are gorgeous, and it's a mountain range named after boobs so that's pretty funny.

Last time I was at Costco I found these under-the-bed storage bins that have turned out to be really useful. I'm going to buy more next time I go. I should get more of those stacking bins, too. Great organization and storage options from church, PBUC.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Wyoming getting what Wyoming deserves.

What about Arkansas and West Virginia? Arkansas seems like it could support a 'Co around Little Rock for sure. Is it the Walmart mafia keeping them out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

uli2000 posted:

What about Arkansas and West Virginia? Arkansas seems like it could support a 'Co around Little Rock for sure. Is it the Walmart mafia keeping them out?

That's Sam's Club country so yeah.