Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's up on AdultSwim.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
I’ve just put the 6th special audio on at work, is the announcer at the start after the dead kid’s dad’s prayer just Greg with his voice slowed down/lowered?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Gonna be hard to not refer to carbon monoxide poisoning as having the oscar fever tbh

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Ingmar terdman posted:

Gonna be hard to not refer to carbon monoxide poisoning as having the oscar fever tbh

:bisonyes:

So I finally watched the special and holy poo poo the show just keeps on giving. The further the series goes the more I recommend it to friends but know that it’ll take a looong time for anyone to be brought up to speed on it.

I’m happy that Tim changed his last name on Twitter, accordingly.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have an idea what will be the 40th anniversary movie at the next Oscers

Since he had to go ahead to 1981 for Arthur this year and he's forbidden from doing it next year, Gregg will have to go forward to 1982 and cover Star Trek 2, the one where they go to San Francisco and save the whales

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ended up watching Arthur for the first time the other night, feel like there’s a whole nother cinematic universe I’ve been missing out on

E: finally at least it’s something other than another of those blue tinted VHS tapes that we never ended up renting

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I'm watching this in chronological order and I'm about halfway through the first Oscar special right now. They're actually talking about the movies! Well, mostly The Hobbit but still. I watched the most recent one live and I think they might've spent like seven minutes total talking about the show. I wasn't sure if that was their normal thing or if they've just gotten more extravagant over time. It's nice to go back and see their humble beginnings.

Best parts so far: "This is only the second time I've had champagne" and Tim not using any articles when talking about "Oscar"

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have an idea what will be the 40th anniversary movie at the next Oscers

Since he had to go ahead to 1981 for Arthur this year and he's forbidden from doing it next year, Gregg will have to go forward to 1982 and cover Star Trek 2, the one where they go to San Francisco and save the whales

I know it’s a gag but it does annoy me that Greg is so wrong about that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I saw Mister America. It wasn't until I processed it the next morning that I felt really sympathetic for character Tim in a way I never did before. Don't get me wrong, he's a piece of poo poo who got 20 people killed and most likely just married a woman in a weird scheme to offload his debts.

What makes me sympathetic to him is how he tries all these creative endeavours. He goes from TV show creator/actor/director to rock band front man, to EDM musician, theater owner, supplement guy, to eventually running for office. None of his efforts were even mediocre. All bad failures. I do admire that he's able to at least get his projects off the ground, fail, and try something else. I've had so many things I've dreamed of accomplishing but never got off the planning stages because of a lack of funding and reality getting in the way. Michael Jordan once said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Tim is often trying to take shots. But he's missed 100% of those shots regardless.

He usually fails due to a combination of incompetence, addictions, and insistence on injecting his conservative viewpoints. He deserves to fail. And he never learns his why he fails and takes it out on his friends and support network. He's a real pitiable man.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Gregg's refusal to acknowledge the truth about start trek 2 is my favorite running gag. I bust a gut when Tim brought the writer of the movie on as a witness in his trial just to shut Gregg up and even that doesn't work.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gregg took a loving contempt charge because his belief is so strong. (As far as I remember.)

The Trial was my first On Cinema that I watched, so I took him as an expert witness at face value. I figured he was the straight man at first. I had no idea that they were both crazy in different ways.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I saw Mister America. It wasn't until I processed it the next morning that I felt really sympathetic for character Tim in a way I never did before. Don't get me wrong, he's a piece of poo poo who got 20 people killed and most likely just married a woman in a weird scheme to offload his debts.

What makes me sympathetic to him is how he tries all these creative endeavours. He goes from TV show creator/actor/director to rock band front man, to EDM musician, theater owner, supplement guy, to eventually running for office. None of his efforts were even mediocre. All bad failures. I do admire that he's able to at least get his projects off the ground, fail, and try something else. I've had so many things I've dreamed of accomplishing but never got off the planning stages because of a lack of funding and reality getting in the way. Michael Jordan once said you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Tim is often trying to take shots. But he's missed 100% of those shots regardless.

He usually fails due to a combination of incompetence, addictions, and insistence on injecting his conservative viewpoints. He deserves to fail. And he never learns his why he fails and takes it out on his friends and support network. He's a real pitiable man.
Edit: you know what never mind that entire text has to be a joke.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Dracula Factory posted:

Gregg's refusal to acknowledge the truth about start trek 2 is my favorite running gag. I bust a gut when Tim brought the writer of the movie on as a witness in his trial just to shut Gregg up and even that doesn't work.

There was an earlier episode where Tim just fires Greg over his wrong Star Trek 2 opinion haha

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I believe the Star Trek 2 thing is one of the few running gags that originated in the audio podcast at the very start of the On Cinema universe. Along with the earliest iteration of Tim's right-wing persona (I think a long rant about how Obama was selling the US to Putin).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The podcast is such a trip in retrospect. It took me a lot of episodes before it started to dawn on me that Tim wasn't just being a pure straight-man to Gregg's obstinate movie idiocy and there was some way more complicated stuff brewing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1229803681773686786?s=19

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
This is the only way that the Chaplin's chili running gag could have ended.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah the pastor was too good a character to kill off.

Also Gregg sure committed to his act of terror

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Gregg putting himself in the Hollywood history books as the man responsible for ending Charlie Chaplin’s family line.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Hope the preacher lady's oscar fever breaks soon

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The scumbag Tim is going into self preservation mode trying to pin his negligence on Gregg, but we all know he’s responsible. At least the pastor he’s cheating on his wife with survived.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tetramin posted:

The scumbag Tim is going into self preservation mode trying to pin his negligence on Gregg, but we all know he’s responsible. At least the pastor he’s cheating on his wife with survived.

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1229862348027879424

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/1229871744510496771?s=21

Gregg is clearly at fault. I can’t believe he would try and betray Tim’s generosity in inviting him to his wedding like this.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think this is all Toni Neuman's fault actually. The show was doing great until she showed up. I was in a hipster coffee shop the other day and overheard some people calling her 'Toni Yoko'!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1229975310415757312
https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1229975762175791104
https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1229976569856151552
https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1229977780407812096

Sounds like we'll be getting Gregg's statement tomorrow, not sure what time exactly.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So was Toni suffering the effects of the gas, or over acting drunk?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gregg is late

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy poo poo Gregg sucks at twitter

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I’m thankful for oscores.net, I’m trying to get into film so I’ll be working my way through this archive of great movies.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

He sucks at web design too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/greggturkington/status/1230270366288728065?s=19

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

:siren: Breaking news :siren:

https://twitter.com/justingaynor/status/1230202287911526402?s=19

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

T-T-T-Toni and Tim, totally plagiarized wedding vows

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Data Graham posted:

T-T-T-Toni and Tim, totally plagiarized wedding vows

Gregg alternate account spotted.

This was just a simple coincidence. God spoke to Tim the same way God spoke to Tyler Perry in providing these vows. It's how love works!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just another example of tim showcasing black voices

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1230654236934864896

Look out Gregg there's a new buff in town and he's bringing his expertise with him!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I finally got around to the Oscar special for this year.

When the "Empty Bottle" remix kicks in when everyone's passed out may be one of the hardest laughs the show's ever given me.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Reminds me of the Trial where the one kid testified "and as everyone was falling down, I can remember hearing Empty Bottle over and over again"

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

TTBF posted:

Reminds me of the Trial where the one kid testified "and as everyone was falling down, I can remember hearing Empty Bottle over and over again"

That is amazing. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I like to think Joe isn't even acting in On Cinema

lol, same

him waking up and taking other sip of champagne was one of my favorite moments here