Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ok first of all if yer coming to this thread and asking 'oh im some fucktarded american from some lovely flyover state and ive never heard of the worlds biggest motorsport series buuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh' my first part of this thread is to welcome you

get hosed

here is some information on formula 1 to get u started

go and google formula one you lazy loving oval office gently caress off get hosed you stupid fuckejng moron gently caress off

here are some links

formula dot com
and the wikipedia entry for formula 1

formula 1 is a bad and fail motorsport that we all hate and we are all boycotting this year because IT loving SUCKS DICK and we all hate it. the main enemy as always has been the british and every other fail anglo nation such as america, canada, australia, small australia etc all of these countries should be nuked and turned to glass in my opinion

ok so there are too many loving races and now there is no race in china because of the coronavirus, china was a p dece track? i forget because most of the season i will spend the time posting how i didn't watch the race because 99% of the time i will have something better to do on the weekend than watch this boring rear end poo poo seriously gently caress formual 1

here is an image i cropped from wikipedia

here are some good technical analasis images from the pre season thread

THE TEAMS

in formula 1 there are some teams that race in the formula 1 world championship and try to win the races for some godforsaken reason here are the teams

Alfa Romeo Racing Orlen - why are they called this, because the balding 70 year old polish guy did one test session and wont do any more so now the team is named after a polish petrol station, here is a picture of this years car

Drivers
The protagonist from hit game 'My Summer Car' -
Good honest Italian Lad Antonio Giovinazzi -

Scuderia AlphaTauriMinardi Honda - Minardi are the plucky Italian underdogs and we all love them, heres a picture of the new AT01

Drivers
This guy -
Also someone else -

:siren:Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow:siren: - Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow are the best team in the history of Formula 1 and will always be the best, anyone who says otherwise is probably qquing about Ferrari because they are british and unhappy with their lives in their dismal little country anyway here's their latest car the Ferrari SF1000
https://twitter.com/SoyMotor/status/1230812442382475264

Drivers
Sebastian Vettel, please seb try not to gently caress up and get in the way of Charles this season pls im begging u -
Motherfucking Charles Leclerc boys yes #EsereFerrari -

Haas F1 Team - these guys are american so they are some le epic fail for sure, we all hate americans and hope every american dies a painful death. Here is there current car, a 1989 Chevrolet Berretta GT

Drivers
Romain Grosjean, I wanted to bag on him but he looks happy in this photo so I hope he does well -
Kevin Magnussen, we all love big Kev, the Kevster, Kevmeister general -

McLaren F1 Team - The team run by notorious hack clown, zack brown who is also american which makes them even more fail, they might be good they might not be all we know is that their car is orange and sucks rear end their car is the MCL35 whatever the hell that is, it's this

Drivers
Lando Norris current up and coming fraudulent British Fraud with possibly the dumbest name I've ever heard -
Carlos Sainz Jr. son of famous rallyman and definitely a good lad™ burned lando once saying that he'd prefer to go outside rather than play video games :iceburn: -

Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team - The biggest cheaters on the grid and apparently the inventors of the 4d steering wheel and are super innovative you guys. everyone is waiting for mercedes coroporate to get bored with f1 and pull out leaving a bunch of british people qqing into their boiled horse meat stew. Their car is called Mercedes-AMG F1 W11 EQ Performance which is the loving dumbest name for a car if i've ever heard it, also here it is

Drivers
Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE HonFREng, cannot stop moaning that his tyres are worn out and then wins the race by 9000 seconds. to me this seems as if he's cheating because he is cheating because hes a cheater and we all hate him -
Valtteri Bottas, he's got a big chin in this picture -

BWT Racing Point F1 Team - are a team of sorts, their car is the RP20 maybe 1500quid whatever guy can write something about these guys because I sure can't heres the car.

Drivers
Sergio Pérez is better than Lance Stroll and will continue to rofflestomp his redacted canadian rear end all through this season -
Lance Stroll Lance Stroll is a once in a generation driver and the youngest ever front row starter who has won in every category he’s entered prior to F1. As he moves up the grid it’s become increasingly clear that he’s destined for great things and it’s only a matter of time until we celebrate his first win. -

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - bad british austrian team known for bitching themselves out of an engine supplier and constantly whining about quitting f1 because they can't glue the car together with conglealed horse meat, heres a picture of this years RB16

Drivers
Alexander Albon, sounds suspiciously british so possibly a massive hack fraud and was unfarily rammed off track by notorious british fraud poois ramilton last season -
Max Verstappen, what can we say about Max? Apart from that we all love him and he can do no wrong! He's from some dumb rear end flat country that probably should just be another part of germany but he owns and we all love him here -

Renault F1 Team - I'm honestly suprised that renault haven't pulled out of the sport because they've been poo poo for years now. Their new car is the R.S.20

Drivers
Daniel Ricciardo, I will try to not say mean things about Daniel just incase he goes to Ferrari and I have to pretend that I always liked him -
Esteban Ocon, wow for some reason I thought he was driving last season but then wikipedia said someone called Nico Hulkenberg drove for Renault last year whoever that is -

ROKiT Williams Racing - The official GOON Formula 1 team, meaning that they are complete and utter dogshit. Maybe slightly less dogshit this year I mean maybe? I don't care. The car is FW43

Drivers
Nicholas Latifi, Quick Nick is a seasoned veteran of F2 finally making the step up to the Williams team. I have no doubt he will outshine the malnourished british driver at Williams and I am sure that one day he will make it to a F1 team. -
George Russell, this guy looks like an extra from a harry potter film complaing about griffinpuff or whatever stupid poo poo thats about, F1 wise hes better than a polish man with one arm -

Key Dates
:siren::frogsiren::krakken:20/03/2020:krakken::frogsiren::siren:
Is the release date for Animal Crossing New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch!
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Animal-Crossing-New-Horizons-1438623.html

Wow I can't wait to buy this!

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Scuderia Ferrari 2020: fallado el motor

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So whos going to play Animal Crossing New Horizons™️ with me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

So whos going to play Animal Crossing New Horizons™️ with me

Hello

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Silver Team
British or German depending on who you ask
Win most of the time by not making GBS threads the bed
Drivers: A good British one and a mediocre Finnish one

Red Team
Italian frauds
Don't win most of the time because of making GBS threads the bed
Drivers: A German fraud and a promising lad from Monaco

Blue Team
Fizzy drinks fascists
Sometimes win when the track conditions suit their car
Drivers: A dickhead Dutch frog who is quick when he's not crashing into other drivers and a reject they had to beg to come back because they ran out of drivers who then turned out to be pretty ok

Orange Team
Funded by oil barons, definitely not tobacco and tech companies only nerds have heard of
Used to win but haven't for a long time because of management incompetence
Drivers: A Spanish guy who is reasonably good, a British memelord who might be good(?)

Pink Team
Literally funded by the dad of one of their drivers
Literally photocopied last year's winning car because theirs was so bad
Drivers: A Mexican who can be good sometimes, a Canadian pay driver

Yellow Team
French funded disappointments
Worse than their customer team last year
Drivers: A jolly Australian and a Frenchman who exists

White Teams
There's a lot of these, but they are completely interchangeable so don't worry
Drivers: Rejects from other teams

Aquafresh Team
Used to win a very long time ago but they've been poo poo for years now
Drivers: A British extraterrestrial and a different Canadian pay driver

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I need a switch first. Let me know if you see a deal for one with a game* for £250.

*No poo poo games plz.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Didn't read any of that op

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

sorry but if these aren't on the first page I lose track of them when i need to post them urgently

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I have a switch but I have never played an animal crossing game

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

I have a switch but I have never played an animal crossing game

Same, I went to read the thread in games about it but idk what everyone is talking about in there so I thought people here might know about it

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
close thread until the season starts you coward

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
god someone tells me to close the offseason thread and to make a new thread and then someone else tells me to do the opposite!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Can you imagine the backlog of diarrhea-level posting that would build up if there was no worst thread for 4 weeks? Now picture the first page of the thread when it opens. (hint: google image search any Jackson Pollock painting but imagine every colour is brown.)

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i wont be watching any fromula 1 one race this season

#forzaferrari

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1230845178996576256

So toe is not logged under parc ferme

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lewis: :lewis: :lewis: :lewis: :lewis:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the FIA beign loving morons? thats a surprise!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm thinking of getting a switch for ring fit adventure. I like to play sports and on days I don't do that it would sure beat sitting on my couch doing gently caress all

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So Ferrari tried to make a car that suits Vettel better and it's turned out to be a shitbox. Who could have predicted?

Binotto not expecting to be able to compete with Mercedes until maybe the end of the season.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Binotto: difficile dire se siamo più veloci degli altri. Abbiamo certo delle perplessità al momento e come ho detto non siamo ottimisti come lo scorso anno e non possiamo dire che abbiamo la velocità che vi aspettereste. Ma è una stagione molto lunga con molto tempo per lavorare

Everything is cool and ferrari will win the 22 races this season

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

ilmucche posted:

I'm thinking of getting a switch for ring fit adventure. I like to play sports and on days I don't do that it would sure beat sitting on my couch doing gently caress all

I hear you can play ring fit adventure with your middle finger.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

My summer car is a good game to role play kimi's offseason.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

My summer car is a good game to role play kimi's offseason.

i gave up playing because the guy making it just adds more bullshit to make it less fun in the name of realism. i just wanted to build the loving car, not pull the wheels out of a bee infested attic. then making you wear a helmet while on the drat little moped thingy that restricts your vision in a way a real helmet doesnt etc

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Merc's clever dual-axis steering has been deemed legal for this season but banned for '21.

So either everyone is going to spend the first half of the season scrambling to copy it or just forget everything and focus on next year's car?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rebus posted:

I hear you can play ring fit adventure with your middle finger.

I don't understand this joke.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
lol haas

https://twitter.com/SoyMotor/status/1230852229940359170

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

MZ posted:

Merc's clever dual-axis steering has been deemed legal for this season but banned for '21.

So either everyone is going to spend the first half of the season scrambling to copy it or just forget everything and focus on next year's car?

It hasn't been banned, that rule states they CAN ban it for 2021 (even if it's legal) if they don't feel it adds anything to F1. Mercedes figure it's probably win/win, if it's allowed for this season then the other teams have to try and copy it which wastes R&D resources, then if it's banned at the end of the season everyone's in the same boat.

e; ok it has been banned now

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 21, 2020

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Was that a Haas throttle mapping error or does Kmag just have bricks for feet because that was super dumb.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

future wdc

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

future wdc

wdc stands for wanky dickhead oval office, then hes the current and future

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

tuo posted:

future wdc

Does that say magnesium mineralised water on his tuque?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I didn’t read any of the OP

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i don't blame you it's incredibly badly formatted

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

i don't blame you it's incredibly badly formatted

I appreciate your efforts nevertheless

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

Was that a Haas throttle mapping error or does Kmag just have bricks for feet because that was super dumb.

He claimed it was a puncture on the radio, didn't turn my head from my work in time to see the footage

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Steering is not suspension

Mercedes did nothing wrong

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I wonder how robust the toes thing will be on like tracks with big kerbs or even in a racing environment, smacking wheels with other cars and stuff? A potential liability? Although I guess its unlikely anyone will actually get a wheel alongside a mercedes to be able to smack wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I will be buying animal crossing for the switch