Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

McLaren are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think it’s a little unfair to lump the Toleman in with Renault.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

I think it’s a little unfair to lump the Toleman in with Renault.

I agree, Toleman came close to winning an actual race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

the kentucky quid posted:

I will be buying animal crossing for the switch

yeah but can you give me some words about the two lovely canadian drivers and the lovely canadian team owner for the lovely op

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

i think he means the car i picked that pretty much only managed one whole finish in the season it competed

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Sky (very diplomatically) ripping the poo poo out of Stroll right now.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

track day bro! posted:

yeah but can you give me some words about the two lovely canadian drivers and the lovely canadian team owner for the lovely op

Lance Stroll is a once in a generation driver and the youngest ever front row starter who has won in every category he’s entered prior to F1. As he moves up the grid it’s become increasingly clear that he’s destined for great things and it’s only a matter of time until we celebrate his first win.

Quick Nick is a seasoned veteran of F2 finally making the step up to the Williams team. I have no doubt he will outshine the malnourished british driver at Williams and I am sure that one day he will make it to a F1 team.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

No. I'm not having this.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

track day bro! posted:

So whos going to play Animal Crossing New Horizons™️ with me

I'm pretty excited about Animal Crossing New Horizons

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Lance Stroll is a once in a generation driver and the youngest ever front row starter who has won in every category he’s entered prior to F1. As he moves up the grid it’s become increasingly clear that he’s destined for great things and it’s only a matter of time until we celebrate his first win.

Quick Nick is a seasoned veteran of F2 finally making the step up to the Williams team. I have no doubt he will outshine the malnourished british driver at Williams and I am sure that one day he will make it to a F1 team.

Hmmm I'm not sure about the first one but, I'm glad we all like Quick Nick Latifi itt

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Just put Lance's dad's name in the OP instead.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

track day bro! posted:

i think he means the car i picked that pretty much only managed one whole finish in the season it competed

It ran second at Brands for a long while in 1982 before braking...it had an outside shot to win.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Looks like the FIA is fail and bad but can't ban DAS until 2021

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/das-not-allowed-2021-fia/4690176/

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

It came good eventually, and led to the quite good TG183.

I think I would be a bad team principal because I would prioritize outright pace over reliability, invariably bankrupting the team.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
There is only one Quick Nick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfCCYIv3EA

Some Canadian rich kid rookie doesn't get to just poach his name

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

what is it with posters loving incredibly mediocre german drivers who never manage to win a race in their entire f1 careeer

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Germany seems to produce a bunch of pretty ok drivers with the occasional standout. The UK drivers seem to be the opposite - they are either really good or really bad, with no inbetween. Who was the last really average UK driver?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

what is it with posters loving incredibly mediocre german drivers who never manage to win a race in their entire f1 careeer

My love of Nick Heidfeld is nothing to do with his driving ability or his nationality.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

Is he making GBS threads in his kecks in that video or something?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Frond posted:

Germany seems to produce a bunch of pretty ok drivers with the occasional standout. The UK drivers seem to be the opposite - they are either really good or really bad, with no inbetween. Who was the last really average UK driver?

Paul di Resta

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Nigel Mansell

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Theophany posted:

Is he making GBS threads in his kecks in that video or something?

He's doing the dance of his people

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I didn't even know that journeyman f1 driver was a dance.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
children please lets all calm down the racing cars have corona virus and are very sick lets all pray for them

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXXAPKPFP1w

Overtaking in Monaco in the maximum dirty air era puts Quick Nick in solid MWDC territory imho.

But yeah he was a journeyman

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

I don’t like Nigel but he was really good. Also, it’s incredible he got as many chances as he did.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lol Nigel was not average, he was an incredible driver who just did not give a poo poo about driving and would rather be playing golf 24/7

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w24KR30nEsg&t=167s

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

He's doing the dance of his people

I thought that involved goose-stepping in Hugo Boss outfits.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
ralph firman

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Lol Nigel was not average, he was an incredible driver who just did not give a poo poo about driving and would rather be playing golf 24/7

Hell, same

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I was good at piano and I didn’t give a poo poo and wanted to play video games instead. That doesn’t make me an incredible pianist. It makes me a mediocre one.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Frond posted:

The UK is king of average drivers what are you taking about? Or does your threshold of "really good" include your David Coulthards and Johnny Herberts because if so lol

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Lmao at calling Coulthard or Herbert mediocre lmao

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The only thing mediocre about Herbert is his Turkish hair plugs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Frond posted:

Jenson button

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Vando posted:

The UK is king of average drivers what are you taking about? Or does your threshold of "really good" include your David Coulthards and Johnny Herberts because if so lol

They are good drivers.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
If you are able to win multiple races then your are probably pretty good chief.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the UK has no average racing drivers it has extremely good drivers and then extremely bad Max Chiltons bringing it down to "average". Frankly it's only Lewis that's keeping us at the top of the table right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011

Fucker in charge of you fucking fucks

Lewis sucks
Ferrari sucks
Mercedes sucks
Bottas rules
McLaren are great
Lance is the GOAT