Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Basebf555 posted:

Are a lot of the horror movies on your list digital, or do you actually have like 700+ horror DVDS/blus/vhs?

I've been slowly converting over to mostly digital as funds allow. It started with converting over my VHS stuff because I was worried about format degradation and wear and tear since I've killed more than a few VCRs just from heavy usage alone. Everything on disc I try to make a digital copy and keep the physical copy as a master copy so when I travel, it's just lug along a portable drive instead of picking/choosing while risking any accidental damage. This isn't counting what workprints/alternate versions I've acquired through trading the occasional batch of homemade spaghetti gravy or homemade meatballs over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

I started using Letterboxd as a more manageable way to answer when someone asked me what movies I had. Looking at what the rest of you do on it, I probably should start rating/reviewing things.

I created a list specifically for my personal dvd/blu collection, it’s a good way of keeping track of what I have and haven’t watched out of what I own too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Horror Thread : Trading gravy and meatballs for Monster movies

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's a me
https://letterboxd.com/Gnonn/

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Wanting to trade Motel Hell for smokes sausages

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My favorite thing to do on LB is go into a friend’s watched movie list, filter out the movies I’ve seen and then add what’s left to my watchlist. Goons tend to have good taste so it’s a pretty reliable way to find new things to watch.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FvJ Jason is my favorite Jason design.

Iron Crowned posted:

Pillow case Jason is the best Jason :colbert:

Years ago, someone on this forum, in the cosplay thread, posted a Jason cosplay they made. It was a Jason with the sack head, but the sack was wrapped tight, and they had added the hockey mask over top of it, and it was loving awesome looking. Seriously, the movies should've adapted that look.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ruddiger posted:

My favorite thing to do on LB is go into a friend’s watched movie list, filter out the movies I’ve seen and then add what’s left to my watchlist. Goons tend to have good taste so it’s a pretty reliable way to find new things to watch.

*starts filling watchlist with talking animal movies*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hollismason posted:

Wanting to trade Motel Hell for smokes sausages

That reminds me, I let a friend borrow my Deranged/Motel Hell DVD 10 years ago and I never got it back.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MacheteZombie posted:

*starts filling watchlist with talking animal movies*

Yeah, I was just trying to get my friend to start up Leterboxd, and then I realized his would be full of garbage for literal babies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How many kaiju movies are on Letterboxd

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I was just trying to get my friend to start up Leterboxd, and then I realized his would be full of garbage for literal babies.

I got one of my coworkers on LB and his feed is nothing but kids movies since he’s got two sons.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Freddy = pizza

Jason = Roast Beef

Michael = Fried Clams

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Freddy = pizza

Jason = Roast Beef

Michael = Fried Clams

What would Chucky be then?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hollismason posted:

Freddy = pizza

Jason = Roast Beef

Michael = Fried Clams

I feel like Jason’s more of a camp style food like hot dogs or a giant boiling pot of corn.

E: Chucky would be a finger food like chicken nuggets or a mini slider sandwich.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hollismason posted:

Freddy = pizza

Jason = Roast Beef

Michael = Fried Clams

These are meals. Horror movies require snacks, like nachos

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Huh, LB has monster movies worked into the horror genre

That simplified a lot of things

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Chucky = Chicken Fingers

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress there's too much I can't do this right now I have to make goulash

I also just realized I"m putting these on the wrong list I'm dumb

https://letterboxd.com/Burkion/watchlist/

This will be converted to films I've seen later

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Trying to be a better thread denizen and stop drive-by posting - Here are my legit "films seen" though page ~20 of "most popular"
https://letterboxd.com/srs_prty_godz/films/by/name/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Is The Lodge just another take on Turn of the Screw like The Turning?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

ruddiger posted:

I don't recommend doing this for mine, I've watched a lot of garbage

also why not: https://letterboxd.com/daveski/

I'm pretty active and I tend to write at least a little blurb on everything I watch.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Welp, started updating and adding lists to my Letterboxd. Christ I watch a lot of stuff.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I don't think I have time to click on thousands of movies, now that Ive started mine.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
When I started with letterboxd, I'd just pick a list (BFI top 100, They Shoot Zombies Don't They, etc etc) and start marking things I've watched. Took a while but it's kinda fun and was a good way to kill time during slow days at work. I still occasionally find stuff I've seen but haven't marked. You can filter it to only show movies you haven't already marked as Watched so you're not looking at the same movies on each list.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

if uve seen all of them u can just hit the watched all button

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Darko posted:

I don't think I have time to click on thousands of movies, now that Ive started mine.

im at 601, with two eloquently written reviews. gotta catch up.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Kvlt! posted:

if uve seen all of them u can just hit the watched all button

Done and dusted

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

M_Sinistrari posted:

What would Chucky be then?

Ground chuck, obviously.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Can I just say that I truly feel like one of you guys now that I contributed to a thread title.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

gey muckle mowser posted:

When I started with letterboxd, I'd just pick a list (BFI top 100, They Shoot Zombies Don't They, etc etc) and start marking things I've watched. Took a while but it's kinda fun and was a good way to kill time during slow days at work. I still occasionally find stuff I've seen but haven't marked. You can filter it to only show movies you haven't already marked as Watched so you're not looking at the same movies on each list.

I feel like I’ll come across more watched movies no matter how long I use this thing; there’s not a lot of motivation to try to dredge up every mediocre movie I’ve ever seen. I’m also on the fence about movies I’ve seen but don’t remember anything about, or movies I’ve only seen part of, or movies I’ve intentionally stopped watching because I hated them...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Lodge was soooooo loving creepy and one of my 2 favorite movies of the year (the other being Color Out of Space).

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
https://deadline.com/2020/02/brahms-the-boy-iis-william-brent-bell-to-direct-orphan-prequel-esther-for-eone-efm-1202864302/

I'm going insane at this news. We are almost certainly going to see a Brahms v. Esther movie.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, the guy that did The Boy II did The Orphan? Is it worth watching (I really like The Orphan)? All I remember about the first film is that there was no supernatural poo poo and it being meh, everything about the sequel looked pretty weak.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Iron Crowned posted:

These are meals. Horror movies require snacks, like nachos

Heck yes, and on that note...

Leatherface = barbecue nachos
Freddy = roasted nuts
Michael = pumpkin seeds
Chucky = any sugary kids' cereal, dry
Jason = cocktail weenies
Angela = pigs in a blanket

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

For what it's worth here's my letterbox: https://letterboxd.com/joe124013/

Had one from awhile ago but didn't start updating it until the recent post about them (which was really useful, didn't understand it had gotten so effective).

Also recently rewatched Midsommar with a friend and someone mentioned its second half has a lot of humor and I missed it the first time but I was openly laughing at a lot of the stuff the second time around. Not sure if it was just because some of the tension was gone since I knew what was coming at all times or what, but there definitely seems to be a lot of humor there.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Here's mine:
https://letterboxd.com/ChrisRasa/

Something I like is how you can choose your favorite movies, but only four of them. I change it now and then because narrowing that down to just four, like, drat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Might as well jump in the Letterboxd train. I'm bad about updating it though, might sit here a while.

https://letterboxd.com/TheKingslayer12/

Took a minute to catch a Michael Keaton flick I'd never seen, Pacific Heights (1990)

Michael Keaton is great at being a total creep, I love what he's doing here. I also appreciated that Melanie Griffith is competent, does the right things, and keeps it together in contrast to Matthew Modine being a complete yuppie dumbass that she is trying to bail out through the whole movie.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Saw a pretty good flick called The Headhunter on Shudder. It's a dark fantasy movie about someone hunting down the beast that killed his young kid. It's super minimalist, had a budget of $30,000 pretty much the whole movie is just following this guy doing legwork and encountering beasts and making potions and stuff, I dug it overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
It felt like I was watching someone else play a video game.