Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
This rain can only mean good things for our ball handling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Good time to switch over to the all stars

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Good time to switch over to the all stars

Agreed,

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Warriors lost to the Storm by 2, but not much to take out of it there weren't a lot of proper firstgraders to be found. Chanel Harris-Tavita played well, hope he gets the 6 over Nikorima who I'd much prefer as a 14.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Chanel Harris-Tavita played well, hope he gets the 6 over Nikorima who I'd much prefer as a 14.

My preference would be to send Blake Green to the glue factory now and get Harris-Tavita and Nikorima playing together.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Who with working eyes thought putting the names on the indigenous jerseys in black would make them anything but invisible?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jono C posted:

My preference would be to send Blake Green to the glue factory now and get Harris-Tavita and Nikorima playing together.

Yeah I guess so, the year is a writeoff and Green is done.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah I guess so, the year is a writeoff and Green is done.

Don't forget Blair's albatross of a contract.

Of course the new regime continue to show they have no loving idea what they're doing. After Afoa did his ACL, they did the logical thing and let Lisone go to the Titans. Who needs front row depth anyway?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Don't forget Blair's albatross of a contract.

Of course the new regime continue to show they have no loving idea what they're doing. After Afoa did his ACL, they did the logical thing and let Lisone go to the Titans. Who needs front row depth anyway?

What? Really? That is bizarre.

edit: read up on it, apparently bad blood with Kearney for a while. He was dominant in u20s but never really amounted to much in first grade and had terrible discipline so oh well. Looks like we've upgraded Jamayne Taunoa-Brown to the top 30 and trying to sign Murchie from Canberra.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 22, 2020

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

apparently bad blood with Kearney

When was the last time this happened? Oh right, the whole Shaun Johnson fiasco which resulted in our 2019 season being torpedoed because Kearney got butthurt.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

When was the last time this happened? Oh right, the whole Shaun Johnson fiasco which resulted in our 2019 season being torpedoed because Kearney got butthurt.

Good to see they've learnt from history

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I would've preferred Johnson to stay but there's more to it than that. He is notoriously inconsistent and somewhat injury prone yet was demanding 1.1million+ per year. The club handled it badly but he was delusional about his worth so what are you gonna do? I don't see much point in forcing an unhappy player to stay at the club for a lame duck year.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Brandon Smith is not bad at all.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Brandon Smith is not bad at all.

Reckon he's my favourite player

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Reckon he's my favourite player

Doing everything to stay there.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Ah you are still a grub Latrell.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune posted:

Ah you are still a grub Latrell.
Not as bad as D Walker

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Fun game, so much better than the horrendous old All-Stars concept.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Good to see the nrl app ended the game a couple of minutes early.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Fun game, so much better than the horrendous old All-Stars concept.

The players actually seem to care about it, as do the fans.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I'm just happy that footy is back and I have something to watch on weekends. Hope to catch more games this year as well, rather than just sticking to Storm and Canberra games.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Jono C posted:

send Blake Green to the glue factory now

Hey now, don't be so mean to the stupid idiot Catalan Dragons.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Great World Club Challenge this year. St Helens could easily have taken it, just a couple of passes that didn't go to hand. Overall one of the higher-quality WCC games I think I've seen--certainly better than Saints' 2015 appearance. :v:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
In Israel Folau news:

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...f7008f2d763e373

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Blergh, might have to cancel my membership unless they make him publicly apologize before they sign him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kalyn Ponga’s contract allows him to swap to union should he want a tilt at making the All Blacks and play at the 2023 RWC.

He will be entering a congested area of the field though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Of course they are.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Kalyn Ponga’s contract allows him to swap to union should he want a tilt at making the All Blacks and play at the 2023 RWC.

He will be entering a congested area of the field though.
If he takes the upgrade, which he would be silly not to because it almost doubles his pay for the next few years

I’m happy they are approaching it smartly as if they tried to hem him in he’d probably want to look elsewhere

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Reynolds has had his charges dropped and police are investigating his ex-girlfriend

Who called it?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone else doing super coach this year?

Should we maybe do a thread tipping comp? The ESPN app is kinda poo poo but it works.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

Reynolds has had his charges dropped and police are investigating his ex-girlfriend

Who called it?

I'm not entirely surprised. After the initial media beat up going after a footy player and everything else came out she seemed a like a head case.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Who called it?
i’m glad he’s a decent bloke like we thought

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i’m doing supercoach and tipping

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

i’m glad he’s a decent bloke like we thought

wait wait wait let's not go crazy here

he's still an nrl player

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm in for tipping if someone wants to set it up or whatevs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

wait wait wait let's not go crazy here

he's still an nrl player
yeah there is an eternal asterix I thought you knew this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

I'm in for tipping if someone wants to set it up or whatevs

I'll look into it this weekend. I gotta do the one for work too.

bowmore posted:

i’m doing supercoach and tipping

Who you looking at for cheapies this year. Cupboard seems a little bare.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BlindSite posted:

I'll look into it this weekend. I gotta do the one for work too.

Who you looking at for cheapies this year. Cupboard seems a little bare.
I honestly don't know. I'm waiting for team lists. I think there is only one genuine cheapie and he's not even rock bottom price.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bowmore posted:

I honestly don't know. I'm waiting for team lists. I think there is only one genuine cheapie and he's not even rock bottom price.

Ben Barba?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vagabundo posted:

Ben Barba?
nah Brailey, the Sharks 9