Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

probably older than the director's wife was

(Milla Jovovich was dating the director at the time)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Multipass.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

this gun was surprisingly fun in bl3

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Okay so, like, imagine this: "zug zug" from WoW but Zorg.

dabu zorg zorg

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Percelus posted:

this gun was surprisingly fun in bl3

I am, frankly, surprised that more games haven't borrowed from this. The Resistance franchise did it with the Bullseye rifle and it loving ruled.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dash Rendar posted:

I am, frankly, surprised that more games haven't borrowed from this. The Resistance franchise did it with the Bullseye rifle and it loving ruled.

Lots of games do it, Gears 5 most recently. It's just kind of boring.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
not in the resistance franchise :colbert:

sounds like gear 5 loving sucks

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
A gun that you don't have to aim (or, in this specific case, that you only have to aim once) just isn't very interesting for very long!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

There's also the weird grunt hornet gun in half life

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cease to Hope posted:

A gun that you don't have to aim (or, in this specific case, that you only have to aim once) just isn't very interesting for very long!

You would think that, and yet Resistance 1-3 managed to balance it in such a way that it was fun, rewarding, and challenging throughout a whole best selling franchise (without the tracer, the gun is fairly inaccurate and tracers are limited--forcing you to stay aggressive and switch guns frequently). I don't doubt that its been shittly implemented in other games, but it was a trademark weapon in that series and a welcome sight whenever it appeared in a sequel. Heck, it was absolutely necessary at some points if you played on Superhuman difficulty.

I'm just nerding out about some B-movie-esque alien invasion games, but they did the Zorg Gun gimmick well. (And I'm assuming you haven't played Resistance--apologies if you have!)

There's a great little thing with it where you can fire a tracer round at, say, the ground or the wall, then fire out a clip of bullets... and because they aren't hitting any organic target, the bullets will just keep spinning around the tracer. From there you can either a) fire a second tracer into an enemy, and thus instantly killing them with a cluster of death, or b) use it as a remote detonated mine. You can deactivate the tracer which causes the orbiting bullets to burst out like a makeshift fragmentation grenade.

It's a game full of fun weapons, but the Bullseye is consistently fun... and it's just the Zorg homing bullet function.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Dash Rendar posted:

You would think that, and yet Resistance 1-3 managed [a bunch of stuff]

I played the first two games, and didn't really appreciate it the way you did. That's cool, I didn't realize I was missing that stuff.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
fair. i like it.

i wish i could find a good video of the Bullseye trap but most there don't seem to be any of it. dang. it was fun in R2 multiplayer.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
this is the best one i could find. it's a lovely kill reel from some dude playing online, but in the first 7 seconds they kill someone with the trap they left, then immediately get another kill across the street when they launch a second tracer bullet--which is pretty rad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvxP09XIZik

the rest of the video kinda sucks.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the mugger who doesn't know how his gun works is played by an award-winning director

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

the mugger who doesn't know how his gun works is played by an award-winning director

I thought it was the boyfriend from Amelie. Is it both

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

alnilam posted:

I thought it was the boyfriend from Amelie. Is it both

it is! but he was already an award-winning director in 1997

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

it is! but he was already an award-winning director in 1997

drat nice catch Amelie

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Cease to Hope posted:

"C'mon, man, gimme tha cashhhhhh!!!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

multipasssss

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Interesting thing, Zorg and Dallas never meet in the movie, the closest they get is when Zorg boards the space liner and Dallas et al jump on board after Zorg leaves the docking bay.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yeah that's one of my fav details

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I saw this the other week and I loved it! It was so much to take in, I was amazed it held together as well as it did. The "friendly" Orwellian society felt very realistic. There's a great hidden ad for "Coke" while Willis is talking about how perfect LeLu is

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jean Paul Gaultier's costume design is magical and it wouldn't be the same movie without it.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

orange juche posted:

Interesting thing, Zorg and Dallas never meet in the movie, the closest they get is when Zorg boards the space liner and Dallas et al jump on board after Zorg leaves the docking bay.

This also true for the original Star Wars

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Carnaticum posted:

This also true for the original Star Wars

luke shoots at darth vader

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I always remember the weird rich dude who throws Bruce Willis a pair of pool balls when he asks for a gun.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crowetron posted:

I always remember the weird rich dude who throws Bruce Willis a pair of pool balls when he asks for a gun.

It was gumballs, not pool balls.

Bruce Willis asks him to slide him the gun, and the deaf dude interprets it as gum.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Then he gets interviewed later and he's like "i was scared but i found my courage, to help the hero"

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Thanks, Ray..."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also they are totally pool balls. the guy was hiding beneath a billiard table in a space lounge. they are coloured funny but it's the future: https://youtu.be/7BBcRiG0oJM

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dash Rendar posted:

also they are totally pool balls. the guy was hiding beneath a billiard table in a space lounge. they are coloured funny but it's the future: https://youtu.be/7BBcRiG0oJM

drat you right

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

orange juche posted:

Kirk and Khan are never in a room together in Star Trek II

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
they at least speak with eachother. Dallas and Zorg never have a conversation or really acknolwedge one another. Ian Holm is the one who directly challenges Zorg.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0thpEyEwi80

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
that's extremely a video that would be better as an essay but it's a good summary of what bugs me about leeloo

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I read something that Jean Reno basically was doing his literal best while filming Leon the Professional to 1.) convince Besson to have him be more a father figure with at most boyish naivete with regards to Portman’s character (and removing the romance love story from his end) and 2.) he never let Portman out of his sight or alone with Besson during filming.

So if true, and so far in my unconfirmed research: Jean Reno is the One Good Frenchman.

Speaking of Frenchman I still can’t believe My Father the Hero exists.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Rebuttal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdufVsPXtCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

dialhforhero posted:

Speaking of Frenchman I still can’t believe My Father the Hero exists.

Why did you have to remind me that movie exists!?