Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Ferrari and Red Bull should be continually fined for “bringing the sport into disrepute” for lacking the innovative skills to keep up with Mercedes and making the races boring as gently caress to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Toe in traditionally will give you greater turn in on the corners at the expense of the tires scrubbing more on the straights which generates more heat, lower top speeds and more tire wear. In an perfect world you’re running toe in through the corners to help with the turning and neutral to toe out on the straights for top speed and minimizing tire wear which is basically what this system is trying to do.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

the kentucky quid posted:

Toe in traditionally will give you greater turn in on the corners at the expense of the tires scrubbing more on the straights which generates more heat, lower top speeds and more tire wear. In an perfect world you’re running toe in through the corners to help with the turning and neutral to toe out on the straights for top speed and minimizing tire wear which is basically what this system is trying to do.

I thought it was toe out for corners and neutral/in for straights? That's what Mercedes system does currently.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
tahts it im goign to make the f1 season thread out of spite now

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Make sure to note that the Ferrari is the first and only car to break down and cause a red flag for the entire test

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

NtotheTC posted:

Make sure to note that the Ferrari is the first and only car to break down and cause a red flag for the entire test

starting as they mean to go on I see

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

"Don't worry about the slow laptimes guys! We're running in low power mode!" *breaks down*

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

"Don't worry about the slow laptimes guys! We're running in low power mode!" *breaks down*

Lets take a look at how Ferrari are going....

Edit: wait... I'll just use this gif instead. Really sums up the testing so far.

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Feb 21, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
all you guys are really mean and now im too upset to make the thread

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

NtotheTC posted:

Kimi broke down and caused a red flag yesterday

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Kimi broke down and caused a red flag yesterday

Oh interesting I didn't see that. Who powers Alfa Romeo?

:smug:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Ok i'm doing it now, when is the first race anyway

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.

It's going to be funny watching Lewis trying to push his "winning despite, gosh, these drat tyres!" with this system haha

Bring on the chaos.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

Bad news everyone, steering is banned because it changes the aerodynamics of the car. Braking is banned now too, also acceleration.

This is Lance's chance to shine!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

Bad news everyone, steering is banned because it changes the aerodynamics of the car. Braking is banned now too, also acceleration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWhA5DBuLJw&t=44s

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
can someone tell me why there are so many teams in f1, i've already wasted about an hour of my work day writing this thread

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

honest to god F1 needs a promotion / relegation system. It would A) stop Prema just pay-to-winning F3 all the drat time and B) mean that ferrari were a F2 team forevermore

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

honest to god F1 needs a promotion / relegation system. It would A) stop Prema just pay-to-winning F3 all the drat time and B) mean that ferrari were a F2 team forevermore

Eccellenza Ferrari

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Thats it i'm closing the thread

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lol Ferrari

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Did you unlock this thread just to mock Ferrari? Kudos.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

Did you unlock this thread just to mock Ferrari? Kudos.

:evilbuddy:

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I can’t actually remember whether raising or lowering the steering rack in relation to the hubs induces toe out so I would run that past the suspension guys before going straight to manufacturing

It's all Rebus. Williams is just him and Claire in a big factory. The race team comes out every couple of weeks from storage.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari? They're bad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sulman posted:

It's all Rebus. Williams is just him and Claire in a big factory. The race team comes out every couple of weeks from storage.

What if rebus is claire?

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

ilmucche posted:

What if rebus is claire?

:hmmyes:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

That av is a masterpiece

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Tsaedje posted:

That av is a masterpiece

I try not to post at work any more other than on my (not a rokit) phone.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
:siren: Huge news :siren: The second best driver in the world will be competing this year, and he will be wearing red...

https://twitter.com/FormulaRapidaEN/status/1230799207579021313

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Time to watch a bunch of British frauds compete....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GARkcujbpNc

Go McLaren!!!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

There’s a Nicholas Hamilton!?

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
https://twitter.com/biarosenburg/status/1231278077755432962?s=21

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tsaedje posted:

That av is a masterpiece

Tenbux is a lot in the post brexit economy, I don't half rear end it these days.

E: unlike Williams :5:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If Williams half assed it that would be an improvement

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Mokotow posted:

There’s a Nicholas Hamilton!?

Yeah, but he’s got bum legs, so Dad put the effort into Lewis.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
And yet he outperformed Mark Blundell....

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rebus posted:

I try not to post at work any more other than on my (not a rokit) phone.

I have never logged in on my work computer because 1. I don't remember my password and 2. I loathe to think of how fast I would lose my job if hr saw my shitposts and this thread

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I’ve had night terrors where I’m called into an HR meeting and asked to explain what “TFAB” is.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I’ve had night terrors where I’m called into an HR meeting and asked to explain what “TFAB” is.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.
Lewis won't be getting in there