Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/dd9m4tk.mp4
Here, lemme help you with that.

This is about the most VR thing I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm kinda disappointed you didn't shoot them with their own gun after showing how to chamber a round in it.

That's still a thing of beauty though :allears:.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

StarkRavingMad posted:

What were we talking about again?
I looked at it a while ago. I thought making strippers do things in that game requires buying in-game dollars.

Cartoon Man posted:

Which game is that anyway? Doesn't look like Pavlov (I think, anyway).

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Can people recommend face covers for the rift s, after about 2 hours of play, I'm starting to notice the foam / plastic bits irritating my skin, and my eye lenses are fogging up a bit

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

Which game is that anyway? Doesn't look like Pavlov (I think, anyway).

pavlov

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Finally got to play a little rec room with a friend. It's really fun. The blunderbuss in that castlevania game is very satisfying. It was funny when my friend got called a boomer by some kids.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Happyimp posted:

Finally got to play a little rec room with a friend. It's really fun. The blunderbuss in that castlevania game is very satisfying. It was funny when my friend got called a boomer by some kids.

Castlevania? I only ever did paintball once; sounds like I need to dig a little deeper into Rec Room.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s called crescendo of the blood moon and it’s pretty great

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Hah, what a perfect name for it.

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Gooch181 posted:

Castlevania? I only ever did paintball once; sounds like I need to dig a little deeper into Rec Room.

Make sure to play with others, because it's very hard solo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s also way more fun multiplayer even if you team up with randos. My experience is most people are playing it because they want to play it and actively help the group.

E: also, pro Rec Room tip. When you find good people that you’d like to play with again, friend them. Then the game will tell you when they are online and what they’re playing and you can jump into their instance and play with them or invite them to yours. I have a group of friends that when they’re on I know we’ll have a good game.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 22, 2020

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

Can people recommend face covers for the rift s, after about 2 hours of play, I'm starting to notice the foam / plastic bits irritating my skin, and my eye lenses are fogging up a bit

I think any of them pretty much improve things over the default one. The washable cotton cover you strap on it works great for me on the quest and it's pretty cheap, and I've heard the silicon face masks replacements from amazon are actually pretty good too if anyone can confirm.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I still had problems with Oculus Link disconnecting randomly. I reverted to V13 stable and... after 10 minutes of stability, the same happens. Great. What to do now.

edit: ok, seems to be fixed with a Quest restart. It's always a bit confusing because the other day the solution to my issues was not solved with a Quest restart but with a Windows restart, that this time didn't do anything. I guess I should restart everything.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 22, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s also way more fun multiplayer even if you team up with randos. My experience is most people are playing it because they want to play it and actively help the group.

E: also, pro Rec Room tip. When you find good people that you’d like to play with again, friend them. Then the game will tell you when they are online and what they’re playing and you can jump into their instance and play with them or invite them to yours. I have a group of friends that when they’re on I know we’ll have a good game.

add me #walrus

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm slightly confused with the boobs that the Owl companion has in Asgard's Wrath.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm slightly confused with the boobs that the Owl companion has in Asgard's Wrath.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Frickin sexy Dalmatians

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/bonerman_inc/status/1231344041356169216?s=20

does anyone know what is going on with the internet?

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Yeah tons of sites open my WMR portal recently, especially news ones. It's spooky.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Is it finally VRMLs time to shine?

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Nice that they finally added a permission dialog for it. It's caused by ad trackers poking at every interface they can to get a profile of you. It's even more annoying if one manages to start SteamVR and spool up the lighthouses.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Gooch181 posted:

Yeah tons of sites open my WMR portal recently, especially news ones. It's spooky.
I wonder what stupid poo poo they're trying to exploit for tracking.

Also gotta love those sites that gently caress with my audio on my smartphone and stop Spotify from playing music.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hey uh, I borrowed an original Vive off someone but I guess I don't have the power adapter for it. Can this thing run off the USB/HDMI or does it require external power? If so can someone confirm the voltage so I can maybe just plug it in to a power brick.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
i think pistol whip is now my #1 game

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

What's the situation for custom tracks in Pistol Whip nowadays?

Shoefish
Sep 29, 2005
captain haggis mcnipplesworthy
My Rift S no longer ever remembers my room boundaries. It's not a huge drama setting it up every time, but is getting loving annoying. Never used to be an issue, any ideas?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zero VGS posted:

Hey uh, I borrowed an original Vive off someone but I guess I don't have the power adapter for it. Can this thing run off the USB/HDMI or does it require external power? If so can someone confirm the voltage so I can maybe just plug it in to a power brick.

You do indeed need a power brick for it, it plugs right into the Link Box. They don't list the specs on the brick itself, so I did a quick google and found this on Reddit.

Just be aware you want the Link Box adapter specs, not the Base Station. That's for the Lighthouses.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Saw there's a discount on Endspace and Ultrawings pack on Quest if you get them together. I was eyeing off Endspace after the Dev posted a survey to understand what parts of Tie Fighter people liked, and Ultrawings looks kind of neat.

Any Goon opinions? I like the idea of spaceshooters and flightsims, but have literally no free time, which makes things like elite dangerous and DCS an inpossibility. (Not to mention needing the PC power).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ultrawings is real fun. Basically Pilotwings in VR

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That one looks awesome, I got worried about how well it'd run with a larger game world though so I wish there was a demo (a common theme as I'm still feeling out VR games).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Shoefish posted:

My Rift S no longer ever remembers my room boundaries. It's not a huge drama setting it up every time, but is getting loving annoying. Never used to be an issue, any ideas?

Oculus inside out tracking is highly dependent on what lights are on/off when you do it

If you recently (finally) took down your christmas lights it's gonna be deeply confused

Also if you're like me and live in a lovely small apartment where your play space can see your dining room, living room, kitchen lights, plus my desk lamp, make sure they're consistently on/off in the same pattern

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
I've been really impressed with the quest's ability to remember places, even in multiple lighting conditions and time of day, but it can be a bit frustrating using it in my very small study, which I like to use for most non movement stuff like web browsing, poker, Star Trek etc.

The 'stationary' boundary is too small and pops up with the guardian entirely too often for my liking. I'd like to make it half a meter wider. If I use roomscale, often if I get to close to my narrow desk with its adjacent white wall or look down, it tends to kill the tracking, often booting me out of whatever I was rinning to create a new guardian.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

For me, Quest tracking is very solid, sometimes I move my bed a bit to have more space, sometimes I left the computer chair in the area and others I move it, and it will work regardless.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Isometric Bacon posted:

The 'stationary' boundary is too small and pops up with the guardian entirely too often for my liking. I'd like to make it half a meter wider. If I use roomscale, often if I get to close to my narrow desk with its adjacent white wall or look down, it tends to kill the tracking, often booting me out of whatever I was rinning to create a new guardian.

If you enable developer mode you can disable the guardian boundary, even when using stationary mode

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Utrawings makes me want to put a box fan in front of me when I'm playing, but I have never tried.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Hadlock posted:

Gameboy was $99 at launch :iiam:

So the Cosmos being 10 percent less than the Index compares how? The Wonderswan was 60 percent less than the Gameboy Color at the time. I have an OG Vive and I enjoy it but unfortunately it seems like HTC has been completely outclassed in this market by Facebook and Valve. I don't see the Cosmos selling well at all.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Boba Pearl posted:

I ordered some from VR Cover about 4 weeks ago for the CV1 and Rift S, just got an email the other day saying they are shipping :negative:
I'll post my thoughts when (if) they arrive

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
If they are as large an improvement as they were for my Lenovo, itll be worth the wait.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gooch181 posted:

If they are as large an improvement as they were for my Lenovo, itll be worth the wait.

I'm certain they will rock, I am patient too, but since buying Beat Sabre VR has gone from being That Nerdy Thing to That Thing That Everyone Wants To Play - Which is great, but it means that this is now an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Was playing Poker Stars last night and someone at the table fell asleep / passed out with the HMD on and was snoring pretty heavily. We tried for a while to wake him up but eventually he got kicked after about 20 minutes. Wish I could've been there to watch him wake up with it on and no idea WTF is happening.

Also ran into two assholes throwing around heated gamer words, one of them doing it right before they left so it's a lot harder to report them.