Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Picnic Princess posted:

References to load bearing drywall and photoshops mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
The Jetsons movie was extremely late capitalism too wasn't it? I think I was probably 5 when I saw it but I remember it being about George jetsons boss destroying a planet that was the home of some extremely cute aliens or something along those lines. 80s environmentalists knew.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Len posted:

Cowboys of moo Mesa beats both
A theme song second only to Arthur and the Knights of Justice

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

prom candy posted:

The Jetsons movie was extremely late capitalism too wasn't it? I think I was probably 5 when I saw it but I remember it being about George jetsons boss destroying a planet that was the home of some extremely cute aliens or something along those lines. 80s environmentalists knew.

I made a thread many years ago about this fever dream of a movie and it got no replies but yes it was basically this. Like why they thought the Jetsons was a good vehicle for this kind of thing is beyond me, but essentially there was a mining operation that was destroying the homes of little Furbyesque aliens that lived in the rock, and also Judy had an acid trip with her hot alien rockstar boyfriend in a garden made of light or something and that's about all I remember

Also the animation style clashed tremendously with the Hanna-Barbara character models since those never had more than, what, four frames of animation in the original show? Now they're all smooth and it looks jarring as hell

Edit: also, the painfully late 80s music videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB_Ybc4Z-Fs

Heath fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 21, 2020

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N86ahA6_r8

Featuring music by Tiffany!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IT8JWgbqa4

the not mad LP guy's buddy also got in on the action.

...can we mod these guys in LP?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IT8JWgbqa4

the not mad LP guy's buddy also got in on the action.

...can we mod these guys in LP?

I'd like to mod these dudes into functional human beings but I don't know how to edit their files.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, I made it that as a tongue-in-cheek thing years ago, eventually sort of forgot it was there by virtue of seeing it every day, and only recently realized it's a little meaner sounding now that the Coldly Compiled Lists joke isn't so common.

What was the "Coldly Compiled Lists joke"?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ToxicFrog posted:

What was the "Coldly Compiled Lists joke"?

People used to rag on PYF for being a bunch of nerds just listing things they liked. It’s never actually been like that for as long as I’ve been regged/lurking, but for whatever reason that’s what some goons think of it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In other forums you will definitely still see people occasionally use "PYF regular" as a derogatory thing.

:(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

People used to rag on PYF for being a bunch of nerds just listing things they liked. It’s never actually been like that for as long as I’ve been regged/lurking, but for whatever reason that’s what some goons think of it.

I think it's because you would have goons get insanely pissy if you posted off list

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617914

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
What's supposed to be so bad about posting about things you like anyway, even if it's a list? It's a lot better than spending time on things you don't like.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

I Said No posted:

What's supposed to be so bad about posting about things you like anyway, even if it's a list? It's a lot better than spending time on things you don't like.

It’s not cool to like things.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was the original purpose of PYF as a list quarantine after there were a bunch of low content list threads in GBS where people just had two word posts saying what they liked with no discussion. Now its just a more formal version of GBS thanks to Goons love of derailing

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I Said No posted:

I mean like half of the threads in pyf are actually about things people hate soooo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Blue Moonlight posted:

I like lots of things and am not cool, can confirm.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I like lots of things and am not cool, can confirm.

oldhipless

again, thank you for being such a good sport about this

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Blue Moonlight posted:

I like pyf because the old "goons don't like popular things" canard is somewhat less true, there's a more positive note to it overall

that said it's still possible to get multi-page derails about dumb goon takes on Jurassic Park or whatever but it usually ends better in PYF. also BIRD and Pastry are good and cool mods

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
People LOVE to talk about which video games they really hate in pyf but other than that it's a force of general positivity

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CJacobs posted:

People LOVE to talk about which video games they really hate in pyf but other than that it's a force of general positivity

Star Wars derails are pretty bad too but that isn't just PYF

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how could anybody find negativity in the subforum with a "make fun of foreign sounding names" thread

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'd like to mod these dudes into functional human beings but I don't know how to edit their files.

:golfclap:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
PYF has been the best and kindest forum for years and basically the only one I post in apart from a few similarly kind threads in Games. PYF has always been a good place but it got even better the past while with LAB, and later Pastry. I care deeply about PYF and you all are my friends (except you, yes you).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Alaois posted:

how could anybody find negativity in the subforum with a "make fun of foreign sounding names" thread

Maybe that thread was like that in the past but these days it's about people named Kaiiitlyyynn or babies called Gary. No one is making fun of names from other cultures and the racist joke names like La-a and Oranjello are roundly mocked if they come up (which, tbh, they still do with worrying frequency)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

eating only apples posted:

Maybe that thread was like that in the past but these days it's about people named Kaiiitlyyynn or babies called Gary. No one is making fun of names from other cultures and the racist joke names like La-a and Oranjello are roundly mocked if they come up (which, tbh, they still do with worrying frequency)

Who named a baby Gary? That's almost as bad as Bob.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

VanSandman posted:

Who named a baby Gary?

Some people seem to like giving babies "old man" names.

Alternate answer, Spongebob fans?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

VanSandman posted:

I know but I know baby Gary irl and he's as lovely as any 3 year old can be, but his name is loving Gary and that's challenging

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

Try actually reading the thread before you make idiotic assumptions?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Please sir, that is not in the spirit of these forums!

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

VanSandman posted:

I heard some parents calling their three year old Larry on the subway.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

EPICAC posted:

I heard some parents calling their three year old Larry on the subway.

You think Laurence would be much better?

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 24, 2020

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i've been reading and posting in that thread for like 4 years

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

i've been reading and posting in that thread for like 4 years

Posting, maybe.

Reading? Obviously not.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I will admit it's gotten better ever since Say Nothing got banned because all he would do is repost screenshots from reddit that were "drat look at this foreign-rear end name"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Look, if you want to post evidence that you should be included in the Idiots on Social Media thread, please do it there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

I will admit it's gotten better ever since Say Nothing got banned because all he would do is repost screenshots from reddit that were "drat look at this foreign-rear end name"

Say Nothing's crimes were many and varied and it's shocking it took as long as it did for him to get banned (in GBS of all places)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Say Nothing's crimes were many and varied and it's shocking it took as long as it did for him to get banned (in GBS of all places)

Especially since he was only banned after someone realized he was a rereg of I., which basically anybody who ever saw both of them post could have told you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Look, if you want to post evidence that you should be included in the Idiots on Social Media thread, please do it there.

Since you brought it up, the Idiots on Social Media thread can turn into a pretty negative mockthread or just go into... weird places