Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

The AAC eating itself alive continues with Memphis beating Houston at home. Puts both teams on the bubble. AAC is in serious danger now of being an one bid league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan with another nice road win.

I think Franz Wagner is close to taking off. Had 22 points today.

https://twitter.com/orion_sang/status/1231333397106188288

Something about the Wagners and their weirdo crazy gumby arms and poo poo talking!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan with another nice road win.

I think Franz Wagner is close to taking off. Had 22 points today.

Yeah, he's for real and Livers is healthy. Michigan is going to be a very underseeded 5 or 6 and wreck poo poo.

Purdue might have had a chance if they started playing before the 5 minute mark of the 2nd half, and even then their rebounding was absolute poo poo. They just cannot put together a lineup that works well together anymore.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia sucks. Vanderbilt sucks. The Commodores missed their last three free throws and were beaten on a desperation 3 at the buzzer.

https://twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1231385444954386434

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 23, 2020

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn made another bizarre 17-point comeback against Tennessee, their first win since Isaac Okoro fell to a hamstring injury. (He's resumed practicing, but no timetable is set given they're just playing for seeding and are probably a borderline 4 at best.) Very encouraging given how garbage they've looked in those

Unfortunately someone identified as a student was heard to remark something like "Go back to Uruguay" at a Tennessee player (who is from there so it was not like just a weird non-sequitur), but they were ejected and have been banned from Auburn Arena and will face further discipline from the school so they're pretty hosed.

quote:

This time Pearl had a fiery halftime message to his players, though Doughty declined to share the particulars.

"I can't share anything he said," the guard said. "He got on us, and we reacted but I can't really share what he said. But it got us motivated.

"He kicked everybody out of the locker room but the players. When it gets like that, we know how serious he is."
Bruce Pearl pls yell at me until I fix my life

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Zags in real trouble, actually it's surely over now. Rough day at the top of the polls for everyone but Kansas, who I'm sure will be #1 now.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

rest in peace sdsu

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
RIP SDSU

also, RIP ISU, who now have a new highest ever margin of loss for their home court of 30 points. Texas Tech shot 70% and scored 51 points in the first half vs ISU. Dang.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Woah, Gonzaga and SDSU lost.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So top 4? Kansas, Baylor, Dayton, and Maryland?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Wiltsghost posted:

this is the men's basketball thread

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Dayton has lost two games, both in overtime on neutral courts, one to the best team in the country and the other to a reasonably good Colorado team. And I don't think they get a 1 seed even if they win out. Irked at that. (Suspect they will lose at Rhode Island at least, though, and make it a moot point.)

Also BYU is not a team you want to draw early on.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Wiltsghost posted:

Hey, maryland still has to play my Buckeyes.

But, yeah.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Wiltsghost posted:

Gonzaga and Duke probably above Dayton and Maryland. BYU isn't a bad loss, Gonzaga should be fine.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kayakyakr posted:

RIP SDSU

also, RIP ISU, who now have a new highest ever margin of loss for their home court of 30 points. Texas Tech shot 70% and scored 51 points in the first half vs ISU. Dang.

Yea we suck bad this year. Prohm may be out after this disaster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas has been so much better since they started playing small ball. The De Sousa suspension isn't the reason they did it but it makes a better story.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

kiimo posted:

Kansas has been so much better since they started playing small ball. The De Sousa suspension isn't the reason they did it but it makes a better story.

Someone was talking about how they switched to a no-middle defense like Tech's this year, which has been a big improvement defensively and allows you to play smaller overall (as long as you have at least some athletic rim protector type help)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Just wasnt our night last night. UNLV shot like 58% from the field and 50% from 3 in the first half, and even though we held them to 26% from the field in the second half, our offense just couldn't take advantage.

Top line is definitely gone now, hopefully we can get on the 2 line in the west

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

so with Indiana and Wisconsin's wins so far today, we are in a brief shining moment where there is a possibility of a 10-team tie atop the Big Ten at the end of the season. It's incredibly unlikely (and will probably be blown up after MD/OSU today because it requires Maryland to lose out), but goddammit, it's possible.

MD (12-3) - OSU, MN, MSU, RU, MICH - (12-8)
PSU (10-6) - RU, IA, MSU, NW - (12-8)
Iowa (10-6) - MSU, PSU, PU, ILL - (12-8)
MSU (10-6) - IA, MD, PSU, OSU - (12-8)
Wisconsin (10-6) - MICH, MN, NW, IND - (12-8)
Illinois (9-6) - NEB, NW, IND, OSU, IA - (12-8)
Michigan (9-7) - WIS, OSU, NEB, MD - (12-8)
Rutgers (9-8) - PSU, MD, PU - (12-8)
Indiana (8-8) - PU, ILL, MIN, WIS - (12-8)
OSU (7-8) - MD, NEB, MICH, ILL, MSU - (12-8)

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Good win by Ohio State.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

the 10-way tie dream lives to fight another day!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Wiltsghost posted:

Good win by Ohio State.

Thank you Buckeyes for helping to tamp down things over this way, the Terp fans have been getting a little too hepped up and nothing good can come of that.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This season is bruuuuutal.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Feeling good about UVA and the bubble. Think 2 outta 4 (in any combination) gets us in at this point, regardless of the ACC tournament. 3-1 and a ACC tourney win might actually be a 9 seed!

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

elentar posted:

Thank you Buckeyes for helping to tamp down things over this way, the Terp fans have been getting a little too hepped up and nothing good can come of that.

Have you met Buckeye fans, by chance.

I mean, I'm happy we won, but we're annoying as gently caress generally.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

kittenmittons posted:

Have you met Buckeye fans, by chance.

Very much yes, but I don't have to live in the middle of them.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
Huh.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/miss-the-ncaa-tournament-blame-the-ball-11582123798

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Is there anything interesting in that article beyond Nike producing goofy smartballs? Ive reached my monthly article limit or whatever

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

stump collector posted:

Is there anything interesting in that article beyond Nike producing goofy smartballs? Ive reached my monthly article limit or whatever

I found this part interesting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lol we fell from #4 to #5

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

a neat cape posted:

Joe still has you on the 1 line. I think if you win out you'll still get that seed. Hell, if Gonzaga loses again you could be in the West bracket!

Kirios fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 24, 2020

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

a neat cape posted:

Looks like the unlv brand still means a lot :grin:

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

kiimo posted:

Pat Forde can never really help himself whenever he has to write something about how well Kansas is doing

I actually kind of am enjoying the fact that the two programs that piss people off the most (Kansas and Baylor) are the ones running the show this year in the Big 12

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Rooting for a school that covered up murder and sexual assault to own the libs

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 25, 2020

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

torb main posted:

Pat Forde can never really help himself whenever he has to write something about how well Kansas is doing

I actually kind of am enjoying the fact that the two programs that piss people off the most (Kansas and Baylor) are the ones running the show this year in the Big 12

He's a Missouri grad. He's always hated Kansas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The idea of a Baylor fan heckling Self is pretty rich

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Wiltsghost posted:

He's a Missouri grad. He's always hated Kansas.

I'm well aware. I guess you take your shots when you can when Missouri literally hasn't been relevant since its last season in the Big 12 :laugh:

MourningView posted:

Rooting for a school that covered up murder and sexual assault to own the libs

To be clear I am neither rooting for nor condoning Baylor's program, there is of course a distinct difference between Kansas's ethical behavior (Snoop Dogg, stripper poles, bag men, and general NCAA fuckery) and Baylor's (literal felonies). It's just funny that Good Guys like Bruce Weber and Shaka Smart are wallowing on the NIT bubble while Bill Self and Scott Drew have locked up 1 seeds with 3 weeks left in the season

torb main fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 25, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
is it though

(I do not give a poo poo about the Kansas stuff, pay players however you can)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/CBBonFOX/status/1232120831431598080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

We have the first 2k/1k/1k player in the Oregon Ducks' Sabrina Ionescue