Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rider was a fearless warrior blazing with the combined power of the entire nova corps at the time. it's all been downhill for him since then, mostly because space life keeps kicking him in the space balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Uthor posted:

Metaphor!

I meant after that...

Presumably if they did keep having elections Annhilus would keep getting 99% of the vote.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Ah, so they have an autocratic government.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rider was a fearless warrior blazing with the combined power of the entire nova corps at the time. it's all been downhill for him since then, mostly because space life keeps kicking him in the space balls.

He never got over losing the Nova Chief role to Liz Lemon's second in command.

In all honesty, Scott Adsit becoming a canon marvel superhero is still one of the weirdest real life to comics crossovers to me.

Edit: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Scott_Adsit_(Earth-616) Long and Short, when Brian Posehn was writing Deadpool he added Scott as joke, other writers who had met Scott liked the idea and continued to run with it to the point that he's now in charge of the Nova Corps.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 23, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In all honesty, Scott Adsit becoming a canon marvel superhero is still one of the weirdest real life to comics crossovers to me.

Wait, what?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn introduced Adsit as a SHIELD agent during their run on Deadpool, presumably because Adsit is friends with Posehn and he thought it'd be funny. Adsit then got transferred to the Nova Corps because that's somehow a thing that can happen, and then somehow became the head of the Nova Corps.

Then the whole Nova Corps died off screen (I think Thanos killed them? Can't remember). But yeah, Adsit isn't super, but he's definitely not just a comedian/actor in the Marvel U.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 23, 2020

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

I'd have voted for Annihilus if I lived in the Negative Zone.

Don't blame me, I voted for Blastaar.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

poo poo. I voted Rick Jones on LSD.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Open Marriage Night posted:

poo poo. I voted Rick Jones on LSD.

Every time he drops some it feels like he's transported to another dimension and people tell him he seems like another person after he comes down.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I appreciate your post, but the fact that Rick Jones was floating in the Negative Zone, and thought it was a good time to drop acid is perfect. And that it was effecting Mar-Vell was the icing on the cake.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Edit: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Scott_Adsit_(Earth-616) Long and Short, when Brian Posehn was writing Deadpool he added Scott as joke, other writers who had met Scott liked the idea and continued to run with it to the point that he's now in charge of the Nova Corps.

I think you mean the Clay Puppington mayor of moralton.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Uthor posted:

Metaphor!

I meant after that...

I mean it's pretty obvious Annihilus abolished democracy the instant he was sworn in. This is why direct democracy is always superior to representative democracy.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This is also a good metaphor for democracy in our twisted world.

"We voted for the celebrity candidate as a joke. Now he's in charge!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Adventures into the Unknown #22 (1951)

Hero for Hire #7 (1973)

The Inhumans #12 (1977)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #25 (1991)

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #35 (2018)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Adsit is a huge fan of both Rush and Spider-Man. His office in the Helicarrier is full of posters of both, as well as a scale statue and a bust of Spider-Man. His computer password is "spideylover2112."[7]

My new favorite Nova. :rock:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kristoff has usurped Doom in Latveria and believes that he is the real Doom. Just love the idea of two Doom's arguing over who is the real one because with the same memories (mostly) and with the same supreme arrogance how are these to ever supposed to agree on who's who?

Thor 410

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lobok posted:

Kristoff has usurped Doom in Latveria and believes that he is the real Doom. Just love the idea of two Doom's arguing over who is the real one because with the same memories (mostly) and with the same supreme arrogance how are these to ever supposed to agree on who's who?

Thor 410

It's only a Doombot.

No, seriously, this one is explicitly a Doombot according to FF# 350.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Doombots are still so very Doom.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kristoff was a great arc

[FF #305]

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Vincent posted:

Profesor X is the worst at naming things.

(X-Force #3)

Fun fact: he CAN'T be the chairman or any kind of stockholder of Phoenix Law Offices, unless he got admitted to the bar somewhere. There are certainly a few X-Lawyers who will do as he says, though, even if the most notable X-Lawyer would probably consider it in poor taste to call it that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, it says right there his involvement has been kept secret, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say "shadow" chairman means he's not the chairman as far as legal matters go.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
The public facing chairman, of course, is Cable.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Disproportionation posted:

Nathaniel Summers, Esquire?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Disproportionation posted:

It buys them good will because everyone loves the Cable companies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Nathaniel Summers, Esquire?

He has in fact canonically passed the bar

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Push El Burrito posted:

It buys them good will because everyone loves the Cable companies.

X-Finity???

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Toshimo posted:

X-Finity???

And finally the suspension of disbelief for superhero comics is shattered.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Uthor posted:

Does Annihilus think all humans look the same?

That's racist!

It's actually even better (or meaner). Since Rich is all PTSD-ridden what with being killed over and over again in the Cancerverse he's been having a tough time of things, and Annihilus goes "Nah, the Nova that killed ME was badass, and you're a spineless worm, so you can't be the same guy."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #25 (1991)

That comic was a trip: "We gotta steal the black stone of Mecca in order to stop the devil and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Then it is off to the future to join our future selves in battle against a humanoid shark in a power armor powered by Hitler's brain."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

He has in fact canonically passed the bar

Thank god I'm not the only one who remembers that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Are there any panels of Cable using his lawyer powers? Did he stop Superpro from getting convicted by telekenetically keeping him from putting the murderer's gloves on? Has he successfully employed the Mystique defense dozens of times? Has he successfully sued Empath for causing emotional distress?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's actually even better (or meaner). Since Rich is all PTSD-ridden what with being killed over and over again in the Cancerverse he's been having a tough time of things, and Annihilus goes "Nah, the Nova that killed ME was badass, and you're a spineless worm, so you can't be the same guy."

I hope Rich rips his innards out again. :clint:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Endless Mike posted:

Well, it says right there his involvement has been kept secret, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say "shadow" chairman means he's not the chairman as far as legal matters go.

Assuming it involves New York. he can be involved, but not secretly. See page 155 of the New York State Bar Rules of Professional Conduct. I believe they follow the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, but I could be wrong and I don't feel like checking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i feel like you'd probably stop worrying about the exact legality of your actions round about when the government starts deploying building-sized robots to genocide your teenage paramilitary force.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat #15: Hellcat has a magical flu which is making her distort reality at random every time she sneezes so for example, she's turned Jubilee tiny, changed America Chavez's whole outfit to be Canada-themed, and summoned a childhood fear into a tiger monster.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Amazing Spider-Man #25

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #25

I wasn't sure if I really liked the whole "JJJ learns that Peter is Spider-Man". Turns out I love it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Proteus Jones posted:

I wasn't sure if I really liked the whole "JJJ learns that Peter is Spider-Man". Turns out I love it.

I feel like JJJ would never refer to himself ever as JJJ

only ever as J Jonah Jameson.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well, he was in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He actually says "Triple Jay"