Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!
of course sports are poo poo, capitalism takes things people love and transforms them into horrific monstrosities which feed on humanity itself and poo poo out money for the people who made them that way

everything you like is also poo poo precisely because you like it, and if it isn't it will be; nothing is safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

yeah, why do you think the villains in superhero poo poo are all environmentalists

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i dont like it when people have to do a thing before they are allowed to eat

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Krankenstyle posted:

i dont like it when people have to do a thing before they are allowed to eat

Sorry, but you gotta wash your hands

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Not exactly Hollywood but still relevant

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1231886423067938816?s=19

E: breaking

https://twitter.com/shaynajacobs/status/1231983650528485376?s=19

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 24, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Harvey Weinstein has been found guilty on some charges against him in a New York court.
Here's the breakdown of each count:

Count one: Predatory sexual assault — NOT GUILTY

Count two: Criminal sexual act against Miriam Haley — GUILTY

Count three: Predatory sexual assault — NOT GUILTY

Count four: Rape in the first degree against Jessica Mann — NOT GUILTY

Count five: Rape in the third degree — GUILTY

There are two guilty convictions here. Count two, criminal sexual act in the first degree, which carries a sentence of five to 25 years in prison, and count five, which is rape in the third degree, which can be probation or up to four years in prison.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
5 to 25 years--so what he'll do 6 months maybe?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hard to see 5-29 years for someone who made rape into a lifestyle as a win.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pirate Jet posted:

Hard to see 5-29 years for someone who made rape into a lifestyle as a win.

If he actually does do something in the range of 3-5 years, he may not survive the experience. So there's that.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Hell, Cosby only got a 3 year minimum sentence.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

If he actually does do something in the range of 3-5 years, he may not survive the experience. So there's that.

Looking at him it's surprising that he has survived so long as he has.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

Looking at him it's surprising that he has survived so long as he has.

Hard to tell how much of that was theater though. He left the courtroom after the verdict without the walker, for instance.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Hard to tell how much of that was theater though. He left the courtroom after the verdict without the walker, for instance.

The walker/stop taking your meds thing is 100% a loathsome defense strategy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1231271057052643329?s=20
https://twitter.com/RobertLusetich/status/1231349300786941952?s=20

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

After reading up on what Clint did to Sandra Locke, I can safely say "gently caress Clint Eastwood."

Good actor, but lovely person.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

SimonCat posted:

After reading up on what Clint did to Sandra Locke, I can safely say "gently caress Clint Eastwood."

Good actor, but lovely person.

What's the story there?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

quote:

From October 1975 until April 1989, Locke cohabited with actor Clint Eastwood. They first met in 1972, but became involved while filming The Outlaw Josey Wales.[3][37] Late in the 1970s, Locke had two abortions.[a] "I'd feel sorry for any child that had me for a mother," she told syndicated columnist Dick Kleiner in 1969.[38] After the second abortion she underwent a tubal ligation, stating in her autobiography that her decision to have the procedures was due to Eastwood's adamancy that parenthood would not fit into their lifestyle.[4] Eastwood secretly fathered another woman's two children during the last three years of their relationship.[4]

Michael Zelniker, Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke and Forest Whitaker promoting the film "Bird" at the Cannes film festival.
Michael Zelniker, Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke and Forest Whitaker promoting the film Bird at the Cannes film festival.
In 1989, Locke filed a palimony suit against Eastwood after he changed the locks on their Bel-Air home, and moved her possessions into storage while she was filming Impulse.[3][39] Following a year-long legal battle, the parties reached a settlement wherein Eastwood set up a film development/directing pact for Locke at Warner Bros. in exchange for dropping the suit.[39][40] Locke sued Eastwood again for fraud in 1995, alleging the deal with Warner was a sham;[37] the studio had rejected all of the 30 or more projects she proposed and never used her as a director.[4] According to Locke's attorney Peggy Garrity, Eastwood committed "the ultimate betrayal" by arranging the "bogus" deal as a way to keep her out of work.[41][42] Locke settled the case with Eastwood out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.[43][44] The outcome of the case, Locke said, sent a "loud and clear" message to Hollywood, "that people cannot get away with whatever they want to just because they're powerful."[45]

Yikes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Man with four Oscars and a 60 year career is not "Hollywood people"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Man with four Oscars and a 60 year career is not "Hollywood people"

You'll have to destroy all four Oscars to permanently kill him

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Clint's pull out game as strong as his chair debating game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jesus loving Christ

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1231998781496942598?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Variety/status/1232101124976414721

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wait that can’t be right he already donated his heart

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trump will probably pardon him.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Rhyno posted:

More than likely.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Weinstein was more in Clinton's crowd.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darth Walrus posted:

Weinstein was more in Clinton's crowd.

It's all the same crowd

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1231998781496942598?s=20

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

You say that, but a remarkable amount of Trump's grudges seem to come from the New York elite treating him as a pathetic joke who would never truly be one of them. He'd get some light, backhanded flattery, but that was it and it wasn't enough.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The president can only pardon federal crimes, Weinstein was convicted of state charges.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Darth Walrus posted:

You say that, but a remarkable amount of Trump's grudges seem to come from the New York elite treating him as a pathetic joke who would never truly be one of them. He'd get some light, backhanded flattery, but that was it and it wasn't enough.

There are factions within the elite, but the Clintons are friends with Trump. Beating Hillary might have strained that, but that might only really be a problem for her if it happens within her own party.

Both were friends with Epstien.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

deoju posted:

The president can only pardon federal crimes, Weinstein was convicted of state charges.

Life, uh, finds a way.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

LET ME PLAY YOUR REINDEER GAMES
https://twitter.com/tonybeast1957/status/1230934496926670848?s=21

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Grendels Dad posted:

Life, uh, finds a way.

It just means an easier target to pressure and less publicicty and accountability for the pardon.

There's a reason these people like smaller and more local government, and this is it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Every democratic super PAC that doesn't support Bloomberg should be blasting that during every ad break they can.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/scottderrickson/status/1232764164243771393?s=21

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sorry we just don't have the production budget to get past the disgraced sociopathic hack rapist tier of writing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I forget, why wasn't Max Landis online? Was it a self-imposed exile to let things blow over?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Obviously Max Landis wasn't responsible for the sins of his father, he's a terrible person in his own right, but this still got a laugh out of me.

https://twitter.com/Dizzyidiot/status/1232774185807572992?s=20

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Someone else made the helicopter parent joke when the accusations blew up, this is just a tribute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Someone else made the helicopter parent joke when the accusations blew up, this is just a tribute

Everytime Max Landis has made the news someone made a helicopter parent joke, I've probably made at least four myself in various threads of CineD.