Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Uh, am I wrong in thinking that Heinen is a better player than Ritchie? Or did the backlash from Brian Burke saying Ritchie was better than Nylander or whatever just break my brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Bill Guerin deadline winner if he gets Parise's contract off the books and commits to cleaning house in that mediocre rear end franchise

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Haha its a competition to have the most picks between Montreal and ottawa only way to explain the futility of this move

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

i am the bird posted:

Bill Guerin deadline winner if he gets Parise's contract off the books and commits to cleaning house in that mediocre rear end franchise

Seriously, this is a team that needs a proper rebuild, not signing stop gap vets like Zucc

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

Uh, am I wrong in thinking that Heinen is a better player than Ritchie? Or did the backlash from Brian Burke saying Ritchie was better than Nylander or whatever just break my brain.

Yes but youre discounting Ritchie's thiccness factor

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Sure why not

Lamoriello went senile a long, long time ago, right?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
zach parise on pace for 50 points and his lowest shots per game total since his rookie season. rack em

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Koopa Kid posted:

you are not wrong.

I guess the allure of uniting the Ritchie brothers to play big body hockey (aka get killed on possession metrics) was too much to pass up for Boston.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1231996381512032257

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

legit thought that Habs/Ottawa deal was Mike Peca and was :psyduck: as hell over it

E: to put it another way:

https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/1231995671756054528

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/charlieo_conn/status/1231997325788303361

yeah, i'm fine with that

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I know the Flyers can only really add depth pieces, but seeing the Metro load up is disappointing

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/priskie4/status/1231998117509246976

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I know the Flyers can only really add depth pieces, but seeing the Metro load up is disappointing

A lot of the rest of the division either has plenty of space (Lumbus) or were missing big pieces. The optimist (never be optimistic) way to look at it is to say they're pretty happy with what they've got.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ryanwhitney6/status/1231999334813556736

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Just catching up on my lunch and uhhh what?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/status/1232000714756513794

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Heinen is better, I think it's mostly a cap move. Ritchie and Heinen are the same age but Heinen is paid twice as much. Heinen is a better two way player but they're producing the same. After adding Kase, there was a log jam at wing on the third line, and one of Bjork, Heinen, and Kuhlman was going to be the odd man out. Bjork has great chemistry with Coyle and Kuhlman is significantly cheaper/younger/waivers exempt, so I think a lot of Bruins fans thought it was going to be Heinen who got moved. Having one of them on the 4th line would be a waste and the 4th line is playing really well as it is.

Ritchie can probably play 3rd or 4th line just fine, and maybe he does better on a team that doesn't suck, but most importantly he's half as cheap as Heinen at just a shade under 1.5M. That, plus the 4.5 of Backes' salary that Anaheim is paying, gives them 6M in cap space to put towards re-signing Krug, DeBrusk, and Bjork, who are all UFA or RFA this summer.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah I don’t think the Ritchie thing is a big deal but it seems odd to downgrade in-season for a cap move that doesn’t matter until the summer

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1232004993546407936

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I'm hearing this too

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
AA to Edmonton is good for Oilers

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ASINHOWE hahahhaa

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

B-b-b-but the sources!!!!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah I don’t think the Ritchie thing is a big deal but it seems odd to downgrade in-season for a cap move that doesn’t matter until the summer

That's a good point too. Could be part of a bigger move. A lot of fans really want the Bruins to be on Palmieri, personally I'm not really on board with the idea but it would make sense if that's something they're trying to do.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That's a good point too. Could be part of a bigger move. A lot of fans really want the Bruins to be on Palmieri, personally I'm not really on board with the idea but it would make sense if that's something they're trying to do.

Yeah I think a second acquisition would make a lot of sense, but every single trade deadline the “oh this sets up another move” stuff never ever happens so :shrug:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Wonder if Stevie got poolparty

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
McDavid + AA on the rush, wooooo

also gimme them returns

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I don't get the chortling about the Simmonds trade. It's a 5th round pick in exchange for a tiny bit of excitement for a franchise that has eaten poo poo for years

We’re all just worried that it’s the only trade Botterill is gonna make because he’s terrible.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

From coaches that didn't like him in juniors in ways with racial undertones, to Ken Holland viewing the NHL as a men's league that doesn't require coaching and development , to Ken being very, very vague with players in terms of what they need to do to succeed, double A has been pretty unhappy for a while. Combine that with a notoriously hard charging agent, and you get where he's at now.

I am going to print this post and hang it up in my office

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

We’re all just worried that it’s the only trade Botterill is gonna make because he’s terrible.

I remember when Botterill was "the hidden hand" behind rutherford. then it was Guerin. Now it's ???

stab
Feb 12, 2003

DJExile posted:

I am going to print this post and hang it up in my office

Leave him alone the close family members weren't available :)

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1232007420622385152

Absolutely garbage

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i love ken holland

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Look Around You posted:

I remember when Botterill was "the hidden hand" behind rutherford. then it was Guerin. Now it's ???

Jason Karmanos

or uh maybe JR is just inexplicably good at gming sometimes and incredibly awful at others

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1232004135957880832

But... but why

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Haha this rules

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

hahaha what

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Johnny Gaudrea just left the ice at practice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Getting the Douglas Murray return