Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

New AD episode is great but the one thing running through my mind was "Man, if Yogi's Gang broke their brains this much, imagine what Yo, Yogi! would do to them"

EDIT: That line about Yogi getting assassinated makes me wonder if the boys are familiar with this gem.

AD cartoons are short enough that I at least give them a half-watch in the background before I listen to the episode. Oh lord as soon as that loving squid thing showed up with its tentacles in the cake batter I knew they were going to flip out over it, and they absolutely delivered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Patreon eps do seem waaaaaay hornier than the main feed stuff. But they did warn me pretty early that they get pretty “blue” on the Patreon feed!

Oh and I guess midsommar is on prime now so I’ll finally get all those jokes from the summer/fall

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

surf rock posted:

What is Andrew referencing whenever he says "Catch 'em in bed with *blank*"?

Note, this is a Alex Jones video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXTafMVWWI

It is actually nice to think about how Alex Jones has kinda dissolved into the ether in the past year.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

It is actually nice to think about how Alex Jones has kinda dissolved into the ether in the past year.

Deplatforming works. Shame people don't do it more often.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I finally have an income that could afford their patreon and i went right for Goldeneye and it didn't disappoint.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GoutPatrol posted:

Note, this is a Alex Jones video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXTafMVWWI

Thank you for this. I missed whatever the first joke was referencing, so I've been wondering what Alex Jones bit they were talking about for the longest time. And I certainly was not about to google "in bed with Alex Jones" to try and find out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ah, this episode is delivering in Bones as the 90's historian already :allears:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1231958460012597253?s=20

submitted my story to the mailbag. hopefully it gets picked!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1232069513610485761

I haven't had a chance to listen to the new episode yet. Does anyone know the announcement? Is it just the tour dates?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

thrawn527 posted:

I haven't had a chance to listen to the new episode yet. Does anyone know the announcement? Is it just the tour dates?

Yep, dates and movies.

Violator
May 15, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Tour dates. But lots of impressions.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I am beyond excited they're finally coming to a venue close to me. I can only hope one of them spits water all over me.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Confession: I thought they were talking about this rocketman for some time before realizing that there was another, likely superior one

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I"m listening to "The best and worst of 2011" from season 1, such a great episode listening to Eric recount Mr. Popper's Penguins is such a joy to behold.

Since they'll be on the 10 year rule next year, I'm kinda hoping they'll revisit a couple of these next season, to see if anything has really changed.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Went back to listen to some old episodes for movies I've never even heard of. Holy hell is Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe a great episode.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

jojoinnit posted:

Went back to listen to some old episodes for movies I've never even heard of. Holy hell is Abraxas, Guardian of the Universe a great episode.

I still like the show, but I don't know that they'll ever reach the heights of that and Gymkata again.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

teen witch posted:

Confession: I thought they were talking about this rocketman for some time before realizing that there was another, likely superior one

Sam here. I was wondering how the director has done a dumb as poo poo movie about complete morons....and RocketMan ......:dadjoke:

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

jojoinnit posted:

The latest episode on Doom 2005 brings back the Ventura impression and god help me if that never gets old. It always lands.

The plot of Doom 2005 is thin so the WHM hosts had to compensate with lots of tangents but it was still a great ep.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

DoubleCakes posted:

The latest episode on Doom 2005 brings back the Ventura impression and god help me if that never gets old. It always lands.

The plot of Doom 2005 is thin so the WHM hosts had to compensate with lots of tangents but it was still a great ep.

Yeah it was the Doom episode that sent me searching for more Ventura specifically. I can't believe he got to headline a movie!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

teen witch posted:

For everyone's consideration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbAF1EExpek

doos
Jan 1, 2015

DoubleCakes posted:

Any time Secundus is mentioned, you got a great episode.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

Just relistened to this too. Totally forgot that Belushi played his character from The Principal in this movie, blew my mind

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
The Doom episode is a joy. Really feels like they put their feet up and free-wheeled the jokes. David Bowie impressions were on point.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Trump liking green M&Ms, Obama taking a dump, and a lot of singing. This episode has it all

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Andorra posted:

Obama taking a dump

I love that that bit started as a way to not jump from one trump bit to another and ended with “I tell ya what mack I once gave a man a colonoscopy at a public pool” which is currently my top WHM line of the year

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm catching up after falling WAY behind and Angel Has Fallen, oh my Lord.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I was ready for all sorts of bad videogame takes, but completely ignoring Doom 3, the obvious main influence on the film in terms of monster/zombie design and walking through dark hallways, and the Pinky, was a bit jarring.

Great episode still, of course

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Besides being movie nerds they try so hard to not be any other kind of nerd.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I was shocked, SHOCKED, that nerds of any kind around the same age as me didn't play the ever loving gently caress out of Doom (outside of Cabin). That game was everywhere back in the day.

And yeah, not mentioning Doom 3 was a little off putting, but less people played that, so it wasn't super surprising.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Haven’t listen to the ep yet, but I also feel like none of them were ever really PC gamers at all. They’ve talked tons about console poo poo when they were younger, but it at least would make a little sense if they were never into Doom growing up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

I was shocked, SHOCKED, that nerds of any kind around the same age as me didn't play the ever loving gently caress out of Doom (outside of Cabin). That game was everywhere back in the day.

And yeah, not mentioning Doom 3 was a little off putting, but less people played that, so it wasn't super surprising.

I didn't really play Doom. I had a mac, so we had Marathon, and by the time there was a port of Doom, Doom was very underwhelming

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

I didn't really play Doom. I had a mac, so we had Marathon, and by the time there was a port of Doom, Doom was very underwhelming

Ah, yeah, I had a good friend who played a poo poo ton of Marathon. Seemed like a pretty cool game, and wasn't it a precursor to Halo?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Ah, yeah, I had a good friend who played a poo poo ton of Marathon. Seemed like a pretty cool game, and wasn't it a precursor to Halo?

In a way yes, much like Halo, it had a story that you read through computer terminals. It also used a Z-axis, which Doom lacked.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

In a way yes, much like Halo, it had a story that you read through computer terminals. It also used a Z-axis, which Doom lacked.

I mean that it was actually produced by Bungie, who also made Halo. It was their first go around at an FPS.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

I mean that it was actually produced by Bungie, who also made Halo. It was their first go around at an FPS.

second actually, Pathways into Darkness was before that, it was akin to Wolfenstein but with the addition of 45 degree walls.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

second actually, Pathways into Darkness was before that, it was akin to Wolfenstein but with the addition of 45 degree walls.

Oh cool, today I learned something.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Doom 3 is so boringly bad it's not entertainingly bad even. It's the Master of Disguise of videogames.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

thrawn527 posted:

Because Doom 3 was not good and the video game equivalent to unfrosted corn flakes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

enigmahfc posted:

Because Doom 3 was not good and the video game equivalent to unfrosted corn flakes.

Oh for sure, Doom 3 was not a good game. But the movie feels way more like Doom 3 than 1 or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MariusLecter posted:

Doom 3 is so boringly bad it's not entertainingly bad even. It's the Master of Disguise of videogames.

I believe the rub at the time was "a light engine demo stuck on a videogame"