Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1546474656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Every time I try to load up a 360 game on my XboXOne it gets stuck at synchronizing / loading the 360 profile data.

Any way to get past that?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

FunOne posted:

Every time I try to load up a 360 game on my XboXOne it gets stuck at synchronizing / loading the 360 profile data.

Any way to get past that?

Delete the local 360 profile data and have it recreate it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I should just accept it that for the foreseeable future my brother in law that I live with is going to want to play awful weeb poo poo with me bc he loves that garbage and it’s very visible on game pass and I love him more than I hate anime (barely)

I have already extracted the maximum value from playing bloodstained while he watches before anyone asks

Jump force is absolutely appalling in case anyone didn’t already assume as such

He really liked bleeding edge but he installed it six hours before the servers closed for a month

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 25, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good news for him, Kingdom Hearts 3 is in Gamepass starting today

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I should just accept it that for the foreseeable future my brother in law that I live with is going to want to play awful weeb poo poo with me bc he loves that garbage and it’s very visible on game pass and I love him more than I hate anime (barely)

I have already extracted the maximum value from playing bloodstained while he watches before anyone asks

Jump force is absolutely appalling in case anyone didn’t already assume as such

He really liked bleeding edge but he installed it six hours before the servers closed for a month

If you skip literally all the cutscenes, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet is fun enough. It scratches the Phantasy Star Online 1 itch for me, except it's an okay loot shooter.

But, again, skip all the cutscenes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Barudak posted:

Good news for him, Kingdom Hearts 3 is in Gamepass starting today

I actually asked him to explain the storyline in case one of us picked it up and he didn’t seem to understand it anymore than I did despite being able to recite the major beats

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Hi thread!

I have a question regarding One backwards compatibility with the old, original Xbox.

With the recent Xbox One X price drops, I'm considering getting one. Mrs. Slidebite has a fitness program she has been using for ages (Yourself Fitness) on the old original box. And yes, we still have one and it is used every couple of days (she does that when I'm training martial arts at my dojang 3-4 times per week).

Question is this: If I buy a One X, will her little fitness game/app work from the old original one work on it?

I don't see it on the OP, but I also see that it was from 3 years ago.

Also, if I were to buy a One X, is there a bundle that's better than others? Any slight differences in hardware? None of the games included really float my boat a ton and I know in the PS world, there have been a few revs of PS4s (even Pros) with some pros over others.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

slidebite posted:

Question is this: If I buy a One X, will her little fitness game/app work from the old original one work on it?.

Nope

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

OK - that's unfortunate but thanks.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

slidebite posted:

OK - that's unfortunate but thanks.

Get her a copy of Ring Fit Adventure

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 25, 2020

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I have this and it loving owns. Really good work out.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
OP wasn’t kidding! The game they want to play is for the original Xbox!

Op, did your wife seriously fire up an OG Xbox a few times per week for workout purposes until just now?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Are you talking to me?

Yes, she genuinely fires up the old Xbox a few times a week. It's in the entertainment center pretty much exclusively for this purpose. She likes the interactive yoga stuff.

I have a PS4 Pro too, but it's rarely used as it is. Buying another totally different console (like a Switch) doesn't have a ton of appeal. A One X wouldn't be bad because if it were BC because then at least it would be used for this.

I think as it is, we'll just keep everything as status quo.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 25, 2020

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is there any estimate on the release of the next gen Xbox?

I already have an Xbox one s, and was thinking of buying another s or a one x for the kids rumpus some time this year. If the next console is due early next year though I might hold off.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Doesn't the xbone have Kinect fitness apps?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hambeet posted:

Is there any estimate on the release of the next gen Xbox?

I already have an Xbox one s, and was thinking of buying another s or a one x for the kids rumpus some time this year. If the next console is due early next year though I might hold off.
Unless the coronavirus severely fucks with the supply chain, both the PS5 and XBOSX are slated for this year, likely around late November.

That said, those consoles are probably going to cost more than $500 and every indication we've seen from both companies is that they're going to try and stretch out the transitional period by making sure most if not all new titles are cross generation. Microsoft in particular has been hammering this point home. So if you really want to upgrade and you can get a One X for $300 or less then I say go for it. It'll be a few years before we see anything that truly wows from the Series X I think.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Easier said than done. It's sold out.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Cojawfee posted:

Easier said than done. It's sold out.
Holy poo poo, it is. People are bidding like crazy and there seems to be a second market for counterfeit controllers (which is weird, the game isn't sold on eShop). I've seen loads of unsold copies in stores the first few months, guess the Christmas/I'm getting in shape this year period just went through em.

I'd say the game's worth hunting online though, just amazing stuff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Theres lots of extra rings for sale they should put it on eshop with a buy your own peripheral warning

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There was a cool post after the game came out from some guy who very obviously pirated it asking if there was a way he could make his own ring con somehow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Okay so simple question about the previous Kingdom Hearts games as a newbie to the series.

What the gently caress?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

anyone asks

Xbox has nothing compared to Playstation and Switch. Be glad it's all mainstream stuff and not a Senran Kagura or Neptunia.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Tsietisin posted:

Okay so simple question about the previous Kingdom Hearts games as a newbie to the series.

What the gently caress?

https://youtu.be/tjiHufVEc7g

I have no idea how accurate this is.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Tsietisin posted:

What the gently caress?

Yes

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tsietisin posted:

What the gently caress?
http://endlesslore.polyatomic.org

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

slidebite posted:

Are you talking to me?

Yes, she genuinely fires up the old Xbox a few times a week. It's in the entertainment center pretty much exclusively for this purpose. She likes the interactive yoga stuff.

I have a PS4 Pro too, but it's rarely used as it is. Buying another totally different console (like a Switch) doesn't have a ton of appeal. A One X wouldn't be bad because if it were BC because then at least it would be used for this.

I think as it is, we'll just keep everything as status quo.

Sorry, I wasn’t mocking. I was legit surprised, the 360 came out in ‘05. I actually think it’s really cool.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Xbox One Fitness app ruled and has been discontinued for years.

Kingdom Hearts makes negative sense, dont even try

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Sorry, I wasn’t mocking. I was legit surprised, the 360 came out in ‘05. I actually think it’s really cool.

Oh no implication of mocking, just you addressing me as OP had me confused is all. No offense meant or taken!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I kinda wish I'd kept both my OG Xbox and my 360. There were several games there I'd love to go back to. It's just a practical matter of space personally. They kept just enough of my favorites backwards-compatible to pass them on to my father each general, who has a steering wheel set-up and exclusively plays Forza. At least they went to good use.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This is a better Kingdom Hearts storyline explainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1ieehttdA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would really like a portable console that has a gamepass equivalent service so Im planning to pretend Lockhart is gonna totally be that until it obviously isn't or Nintendo gives me what I want which they never will.

Sony is welcome to release a Vita 2: Mortis

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Barudak posted:

I would really like a portable console that has a gamepass equivalent service so Im planning to pretend Lockhart is gonna totally be that until it obviously isn't or Nintendo gives me what I want which they never will.

Sony is welcome to release a Vita 2: Mortis

Counterpoint: literally any Switch exclusive>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the overwhelming majority of game pass games and certainly any Xbox exclusive since Morrowind

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 26, 2020

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Counterpoint: literally any Switch exclusive>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the overwhelming majority of game pass games

It doesnt have to be gamepass, just a similar service, I like subscription packages and I like portability and will pay for someone to give me both.

My favorite switch exclusive is also Picross so like, Im fully aware Im not someone anyone should cater to gaming wise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Portable as in play on the go or portable as it easy to travel with?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Portable as in play on the go or portable as it easy to travel with?

Ah, portable vs transportable.

PS4 Slim is actually not too bad for this, but it would help if there were better vertical stands like the kind the full-size original PS4 has.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Fly Ricky posted:

I kinda wish I'd kept both my OG Xbox and my 360. There were several games there I'd love to go back to. It's just a practical matter of space personally. They kept just enough of my favorites backwards-compatible to pass them on to my father each general, who has a steering wheel set-up and exclusively plays Forza. At least they went to good use.

Yeah, the BC program has been great with some real standouts, but there's some games that I really miss playing and get the urge to buy a 360/XB for, like Jet Set Radio Future, Burnout 3, PGR 4 and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 (which is on PC, but all the DLC is console-only). It'll probably never happen but I hope that once the next console generation starts that Microsoft maybe restart the BC program and see what else they can bring back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
If I could have a 4K60 version of Burnout 3 (I already have that for Burnout 2 via Dolphin) I could die a happy man.

Please let me die already Microsoft. I'm begging you.