Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

doomrider7 posted:

This was YEARS ago like back in the 90's when I saw it(movie might've been from the 80's most likely), but I remember this old movie about a cop/US Marshal/lawman what have you where he has a Twilight Zone moment where he gets sent back in time to the old west and fights some supernatural outlaws. Some things I remember were that the Outlaws can only be killed by the same gun or bullet that killed them the first time over, the main bad guy was this masked outlaw guy who I think gets killed by taking a sheriff star to the head like it was a shuriken, and that the movie cover had a skeleton dressed in cowboy attire.

Ghost Town (1988)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Origami Dali posted:

Ghost Town (1988)

Sweet man thanks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I thought I might have somehow imagined a grittier version of Delicatessen but I don't believe that's the case, the film I'm talking about was pretty bleak and I think the little girl dies in the end or maybe one of the other women in brothel or whatever it was does. I'm not sure.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Do any of y’all remember a cartoon which I believe was on Reading Rainbow of a boy who wakes up as a pet of a teenage dinosaur living in a world where dinosaurs are like people? My Google fu is failing me here.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

sigher posted:

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

The Seasoning House?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gonna say that's very probably it! It's way different in my head, but how many movies are gonna have done this exact gag? Plus we're talking about 30 year old preschooler memories here.

Thanks!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

sigher posted:

I saw a movie some years ago about a young girl who lives in a whorehouse somewhere and she crawls through walls and trap doors to get wherever she wants. The place is run by some military dude who I think tried pimping the young girl out or something.

sigher posted:

It was more recent and I also think it was foreign? I don't think you saw much of the outside world in the film but whatever you did see looked war torn/post apocalyptic, and the building she was in was nasty and filthy.

sigher posted:

I thought I might have somehow imagined a grittier version of Delicatessen but I don't believe that's the case, the film I'm talking about was pretty bleak and I think the little girl dies in the end or maybe one of the other women in brothel or whatever it was does. I'm not sure.

Reminds me of Sucker Punch.

Please someone do a version where the logo that's being shot is the one from Jurassic World.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Metaline posted:

The Seasoning House?

That's definitely it! Thanks!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I saw a movie when I was young that ended with two characters arguing about how to end the movie. One keeps bringing up popular endings to other movies they could ape, only to be shot down by the second character who says stuff like "Casablanca did it," or whatever movie. And in the end, one of them suggests, "what if we just duck out of the frame and crawl away?" And they do. And the movie ends.

Anybody know it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wayne's World comes to mind immediately, but I've got a feeling some other movie aped it more the way you say, too.

Also a late episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus where one character shops for endings and tries different ones, finishing on "perhaps just cut to black?"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My Lovely Horse posted:

Wayne's World comes to mind immediately, but I've got a feeling some other movie aped it more the way you say, too.

Also a late episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus where one character shops for endings and tries different ones, finishing on "perhaps just cut to black?"

I don't think it's Wayne's World, though they did similar gags where they tried out different endings.

Not the answer, but anyone who hasn't seen Adaptation should definitely do so. It's like that movie smashes the fourth wall almost inconspicuously, builds a fifth wall, and takes that one down, too.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Looking for a film about a dinner party, probably black and white, proobably British. There might've been two ghosts observing things, but I might also be mixing two films up... It might've been filmed in real time, but I honestly think that's a third film I'm mixing in. Either way I can't find any of them. It wasn't a horror film.

It was sad because they were all getting older and it was most likely the last party where they'd all be together. I found it very boring, but my mum made me watch it, I kinda wanna go back to it now I'm older, but she's dead so I can't ask her what the film was. :(

It wasn't The Shooting Party, but she made me watch that too.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Nettle Soup posted:

Looking for a film about a dinner party, probably black and white, proobably British. There might've been two ghosts observing things, but I might also be mixing two films up... It might've been filmed in real time, but I honestly think that's a third film I'm mixing in. Either way I can't find any of them. It wasn't a horror film.

It was sad because they were all getting older and it was most likely the last party where they'd all be together. I found it very boring, but my mum made me watch it, I kinda wanna go back to it now I'm older, but she's dead so I can't ask her what the film was. :(

Hitchcock's "Rope" checks the boxes of both dinner party and filmed in "real time". The rest not so much.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Yeah it's not Rope. She made me watch that too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nettle Soup posted:

Blithe Spirit? Or maybe The Ghost and Mrs Muir?

Trying to find British films with ghosts but aren’t horror isn’t easy.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
When I think of black and white movies about a dinner party, the first thing that pops into mind is The Exterminating Angel.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Nettle Soup posted:

The "two ghosts" thing makes me think of Max Ophüls's The Tender Enemy (1936), but that's kind of an obscure movie and in French

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Dinner At Eight? Not British, but it is b/w.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Blithe Spirit? Or maybe The Ghost and Mrs Muir?

Trying to find British films with ghosts but aren’t horror isn’t easy.

She made me watch both of those too. It's not Blithe Spirit, but I grabbed a copy of that yesterday because I wanted to see it again... The Ghost and Mrs Muir is an amazing film, but not it either.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh! The Ghosts of Berkeley Square?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Ding ding ding, that's it for the two ghosts! I guess the dinner party one was another one? I'll watch it tonight :D

The other one might be Dinner at Eight, I'll give it a look.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 25, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

From my boyfriend: A late night movie, I believe it was British, or possibly just British actors in this particular scene. A man and a woman (I think the woman was Black) are in a bathtub together, having a conversation. I don’t remember what it was about, but at the end he’s like, shifting his legs around, and she smiles and goes “mmm, leave it THERE”. This would have been late 80s or early 90s.

Metaline fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 25, 2020

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
This has been popping in my head for years now, so why not give it a try. :)

Horror movie, I think I saw it roughly 25-30 years ago. I recall a test facility blowing up / or something escaping. A scene with a woman looking through a window and I think the monster's head is looking between potted plants.
Also I somehow recall a washing machine.

Sorry I don't have much else to go on.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nettle Soup posted:

Ding ding ding, that's it for the two ghosts! I guess the dinner party one was another one? I'll watch it tonight :D

The other one might be Dinner at Eight, I'll give it a look.

Your description of the dinner party made me think of John Huston's The Dead... longshot but it could be.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

FitFortDanga posted:

Your description of the dinner party made me think of John Huston's The Dead... longshot but it could be.

Ahh, this looks familar. The carriage in the snow... Good call. Might be it!

The Ghosts of Berkley Square was good, a lot more racist than I remembered it being though!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Acht posted:

Horror movie, I think I saw it roughly 25-30 years ago. I recall a test facility blowing up / or something escaping. A scene with a woman looking through a window and I think the monster's head is looking between potted plants.

I think Cujo fits some of those criteria.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Acht posted:

Give a glance at The Relic. Not an exact match but I think some events might get remembered like that.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

FitFortDanga posted:

Just watched this. I'm still not 100%, but I'm pretty sure that was it. The fact you guys have managed to untangle the two films in my mind is nothing short of amazing.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Trevor Hale posted:

Do any of y’all remember a cartoon which I believe was on Reading Rainbow of a boy who wakes up as a pet of a teenage dinosaur living in a world where dinosaurs are like people? My Google fu is failing me here.

Could it be “The Double-Disappearance of Walter Fozbek”? That was a “white whale” of mine for years.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

Could it be “The Double-Disappearance of Walter Fozbek”? That was a “white whale” of mine for years.

Holy poo poo. That’s it.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST
Jul 19, 2006

mea culpa
Apologies in advance that this is a fragment of a memory of a film, but something where someone is being observed/tracked by a chain smoker and the protagonist sees a shitload of cigarette stubs in one spot (hallway? street corner?) to indicate they've been there all night?

edit: I want to say that this was in a neo-noirish dark comedy but I really can't remember anything about the plot or setting. I'm dreading it being something I was huge on and have somehow forgotten.

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 26, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Action(?) movie where two fighters are rolling around on the ground, one has a pen, jabs it into the other, then smacks the clicker on top to jab him even more.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Action(?) movie where two fighters are rolling around on the ground, one has a pen, jabs it into the other, then smacks the clicker on top to jab him even more.

Bourne Identity?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

UNRULY_HOUSEGUEST posted:

Apologies in advance that this is a fragment of a memory of a film, but something where someone is being observed/tracked by a chain smoker and the protagonist sees a shitload of cigarette stubs in one spot (hallway? street corner?) to indicate they've been there all night?

edit: I want to say that this was in a neo-noirish dark comedy but I really can't remember anything about the plot or setting. I'm dreading it being something I was huge on and have somehow forgotten.

I think the Naked Gun had the gag where there was a waist high pile of peanut shells on the outside of a stake out car.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

This sounds like something I seen in a police procedural, but I couldn't say which. If there was any series you regularly watched might be among the episodes.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Random shot: some X Files episode with the smoking man?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Trevor Hale posted:

Bourne Identity?
He does fight with a pen, but that's not it.

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Darthemed posted:

He does fight with a pen, but that's not it.

Grosse Point Blank, maybe?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The pen he uses to stab someone in that isn't the clicky kind, though he does flick the cap off one handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Doesn’t it happen in one of the Austin powers movies? Or Loaded Weapon 1? I feel like it’s a spoof thing.