Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

“Oh, very well. I have no time to spare for you.”

Music stops.

“The knife from the kitchen?! As if I'll allow you suicide...”

“Graaah!!”

(Joe... I... this...)

“...!”

“This is... resistance.”

“It is a step I was able to take... because you bought me time.”

Kai falls to the ground.

Music stops.

“...She's tossing and turning.”

“I... I'm right next to you, big sis Sara... Meow...”

“I'll go too...! I don't know what I can do... But I'll at least stay by her side...”

“Yeah... right.”

“This time, we'll give her strength....!!”

“Eh? Can you go home...?”

“A funny joke! We've only just begun!”

“Let us enjoy this, everyone... Eheehee... Ahaha...”

“Bein' bad... that makes ya a good-for-nothing. And you didn't seem to me like a good-for-nothing guy...”

“I dunno... I jus' dunno...”

“I... don't like this...”

“Please don't make Sara sad...”

“Didn't you feel anything from what Joe said...?”

“..............”

“...I...”

Music stops.

“You said you were a policeman, yes?”

“...What about it?”

“A policeman knows about murder cases, yes?”

“Yeah... if I'm in charge of 'em.”

“...Do you know the crime I committed?”

“...Why?”

“I imagine it's just a coincidence, but... I killed a person once.”

“What was the victim's name...?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

:allears:

Can't wait for more, as usual.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
This is definitely scratching that Dangan Ronpa itch , so I'm enjoying this a lot :allears: hopefully this thread won't also grow to be an out-of-control monstrosity

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
They really made the creepy stalker hard to dislike, didn't they?

...Also, it's kind of interesting how Miley doesn't actually punish people for using violence against her. Neither Kai nor Q-taro suffered any consequences. But I guess creepy death games are more entertaining to the villain than just offing people for breaking the rules.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
You know, that actually reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask.

Why?

As in, why are they running this death game? What's the point?

There is two possible answers in my head-I'll label the two as "Option Zero Escape" (The people running this game have a concrete objective in mind) and "Option Danganronpa" (Getting people to murder each other is fun, lol).

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Jefepato posted:

They really made the creepy stalker hard to dislike, didn't they?

...Also, it's kind of interesting how Miley doesn't actually punish people for using violence against her. Neither Kai nor Q-taro suffered any consequences. But I guess creepy death games are more entertaining to the villain than just offing people for breaking the rules.

It's very noticeable that she puts up with it despite having all the means to outright destroy them. I can't imagine it will be overlooked, something will clue us in at one point or another.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It's worth noting that the 'hosts' seem to be playing by some sort of rules themselves. Violence against Miley isn't actually a restricted action going purely by the rules. She also hasn't killed anyone without it being a vote or a failure state in a puzzle.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I don't think Miley's as high on the villain food chain as she makes out to be, and if push comes to shove she might even be disposable or replaceable for whoever's running this nightmare.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Yeah it was easy to assume something was going on with Kai behind the scenes after that, Q-Taro seems like a totally different person though so who knows.

Kai's monologue there reminded me of a dressing-down of The Hunger Games that I read years ago that was mostly 6,000 words of rambling (cw:rape mention) but had some relevance to the genre and in particular his speech:

:bahgawd: posted:

From the very beginning of the Game it was immediately true that everyone but one got killed. From the very beginning, before anyone dies, you are guilty of everyone's death.

That's the Game. It's not like they went in there thinking, "I'm not going to kill anyone because I am planning to escape this Game." No one backed up their pacifism with suicide. Katniss's thinking is basically, "I'm not butcher, but I am going to try and survive." The movie elevates her passivity into a moral act, which it isn't, that's the trick. This is a closed system. Whether she shoots them down herself or waits for the psychopath in the group to do it for her, it's the same.

Just because the system tells you, "the other tributes are your enemy," doesn't mean it's a factual statement, you have to answer the Thin Red Line question: "who's doing this? Who's killing us?"

The Game is rigged to prevent all choice but allow the illusion of choice. It looks like Katniss is free to make personal decisions, but no matter what her free brain decides, everyone around her dies as planned, huh, that's odd. The only "free" choice, the only way to beat the Game, is not to play. If you really wanted to be a moral agent in such a terrible environment, you'd have to convince the other tributes to all agree not to fight each other, knowing full well that the soldiers will therefore come-- that is the point of the maneuver, to expose the evil of the system instead of allowing them their deniability, "oh, we don't kill anyone, the kids kill each other!" You have to sit there and Prisoner's Dilemna the hell out of this and hope none of the other tributes breaks ranks and opens fire. It is the only anti-system choice short of revolution.
Battle Royale came out in 2000 (i'm old :( ) and THG/Danganronpa 2010ish so we've had plenty of time to dissect the genre, and Kai's bit makes me hopeful that YTTD has more subversion to come.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't think Miley's as high on the villain food chain as she makes out to be, and if push comes to shove she might even be disposable or replaceable for whoever's running this nightmare.
Yeah probably. There's been a whole lot of mentions of people we haven't met yet (bar instructions, torn note etc) so while they might be right around the corner, I can't help but wonder if life is at a premium because enough people are already dead.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Am I inside my memories?

Let's remember things one step at a time.

But someone was lurking there, and knocked us unconscious.

Tied to beds and with collars put on us, we were forced to solve a puzzle for our lives.

That was... the First Trial.

But...

Music stops.

In my crumbling heart... someone's voice echoes.

There... my senses gave out again.

Coming home from school, she encounters her stalker. When she hurries home, she finds her mother collapsed. She comes to in an unknown room. Enduring various death games with 11 participants, Sara wins their trust. But in the Main Game, she loses her best friend Joe. With the deaths of high school teacher Mishima and homemaker Kai, there remain 9 survivors…

He clumsily tried to assist Sara after learning of her stalker. Sara’s lone acquaintance in the Death Game. His fate was sealed by drawing the Sacrifice card. At the end of the Main Game, he left the remark “all of you must be good people,” then perished.

Acts casual, but feels somehow shady. He often seems to be guiding others into giving Sara their trust. Confessed that he once shot a person, and hasn’t been able to fire a gun since. He promised Sara he’d tell her his past if they survived the Main Game, but who knows…

Filled with self-loathing after losing her sister, Sara and Mishima told her a kind lie. But Miley’s “sister-killer” remark meant it only wounded her more. In the Main Game, Kanna notably made statements implying she was working with Sou. What might have transpired between the two of them… is unknown.

Despite his giant, gaudy appearance, he’s very wary. Apparently he was raised in an odd orphanage, so his dialect is all over the place. Found his resolve faster than anyone in the Main Game, showing a willingness to doubt others to survive. Unable to fully believe Kai’s parting confession of having contact with the kidnappers, he’s showing signs of looking into the truth.

Though unbelievably weak for an adult man and seeming as if he disliked conflict, everything about him gives off a “darkness.” He was very shocked to be attacked by Nao and have the laptop clue stolen from him. In the Main Game, Sou lost trust and transformed, seemingly filled with malice and madness. The sight struck fear and hatred into the survivors.

A flashy band player worried for her dear bongos. Kind to the weak, and often harsh on men. In the Main Game, revealed Alice was her brother. Ever since Alice committed murder, the two became effective strangers.

Has a deep relationship of trust with Mishima, and beat the First Trial by cooperating with him. After losing Mishima in the so-called practice vote, Nao ran amok, stuffing his head in a box and fleeing. Threatened by Kai, she attacked Sou to get Kai the laptop, but because Mishima’s head disappeared, she realized Kai betrayed her.

In spite of the aloof impression he gave, Sara remembered that Kai was the stalker who came after her that day. Threatened Nao and took the laptop from Sou, and it’s suspected he hid the Mishima head Nao was protecting somewhere. Confessed to having contact with the kidnappers in the Main Game, but shows clear hostility toward the kidnapper Miley. Sou revealed emails indicating ties to the Chidouins (Sara’s family) and an affection for Sara. But killed as a victim, can the truth about Kai be known…?

Adores “big sis Sara,” and acted tough through the harsh Death Games, but was wracked with fear upon being trapped in a cage. The paper Gin found in the shredder revealed the truth that Alice Yabusame was a murderer.

Deeply trusting of his former student Nao, together, they conquered the First Trial. But not taking any chances regarding his student, he gathered votes for himself in the practice round, and thus lost his life. This threw Nao’s heart into disarray, making her lose control, stuff Mishima’s head in a box, and flee.

While the other survivors endured traps, he locked himself alone in the Red Room, hiding there until Sara found him. In the Main Game, he confessed to being Alice Yabusame, a murderer, and Reko’s older brother. Furthermore, after the Main Game, Alice discussed something with Keiji. “The name of the person I killed was Sou Hiyori”...

Calling herself the Floor Master, she explains the Main Game and distributes necessary tools for the Death Game. With malicious words and actions, she puzzles the participants and takes their lives, and destroyed the hearts of Kanna and Sara. Kai and Q-taro’s resistance has made her bleed, and she’s often chagrined. ...Is she really a “doll”?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I'm going this LP, definitely giving off Dangan Ronpa vibes.

My crackpot theory: this killing game has occurred many times in some sort of timeloop. The percentages next to the names on that shredded piece of paper represent how often they "win".

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
I watched a playthrough of this on youtube a few months back, and I'm so glad people here are appreciating it as well. It really surprised me how good it is, especially for what seems to be a one-person effort.

The gaudy, anime as hell character designs are the best. :allears:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Maybe its cause I got used to the more negative aspects of DR and Zero Escape, but the designs are alright with me and not having the weird skeevy poo poo randomly popping in is really nice.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

the weirdest thing with our core group is Kanna's bucket hat and Alice's hair. Everyone has more or less pretty sensible designs with very vivid coloring - Miley's really the odd one with her slime crown.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

“Y... Yes?”

“Hm... How many indeed... Surely, it's been quite a long time.”

“What is this...?”

“Go on, go on, try it on.”

“Whoa! Suits you pretty well, eh?”

“What, er... What exactly led to...”

“C'mon now... It's a present.”

“E... Er... So you mean to state your feelings of gratitude...?”

“Nope. This isn't about gratitude as your employer.”

“In other words, it proves your initiation into the tradition of homemakers!”

“Homemakers...?”

“...!!”

“My wife thinks the same way. She suggested I give you that as a gift, in fact.”

“...S-Surely you jest... Someone such as me...”

“Whoa! What's the matter?”

“...”

“Gahaha! Your eyes are red! Don't tell me you were cryin'?!”

“W-Whatever are you saying...”

“...Makes me happy. Gahaha...”

“...!”

“But I've got no worries.”

“I will remain a shadow, never known... and just continue to protect Miss Sara.”

“...Such is my affection.”

Affection...?

“...E-Err, master?”

(...When it comes to Miss Sara... he loses sight of all else, indeed.)

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

Well, that really just made things more confusing, huh?

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Didn't think about it too much when I was playing the game then, but just about every piece of dialogue in that section raises a new question.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Well, this is one hell of a ride we're on. This revelation about Kai is distressing, but we have another problem as well. If Alice is to be believed, Sou stole some dead man's identity.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

After viewing that face... well, it's not like I needed to sleep tonight anyway.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

So Kai was a family sponsored stalker? How was he a homemaker for Sara's family but she didn't know him personally?

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Well, that helps firm up that Kai's reason for following Sara was actually weirdly sympathetic, but, wow, Dad went from a blank slate to Holy poo poo really fast.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

unless homemaker is a euphemism, like how a cleaner is a euphemism for a hitman.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Robindaybird posted:

unless homemaker is a euphemism, like how a cleaner is a euphemism for a hitman.

It does make me think of "Way of the Househusband..."

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

This is a little much for a regular high schooler. Why does Sara need an invisible anime home maker.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

“...What, Joe? Face forward, we're in class.”

“I heard they opened up a super good kebab place! Let's go there on the way home, I'll treat ya!”

“Okay, fine! ...You're so loud. Now's not the time to talk.”

“Oh, and hey, in exchange...”

“Huh, for real?!”

“...No, that's not what I meant!”

“Seriously, quiet...!! What are you trying to say?”

“W... We're in class, remember? Of course I'm not going to lend it to you.”

“Just for a second!! I'm fast at copying!”

“That's not a skill deserving praise...”

“Urgh... You're right, but...!

Music stops.

• That certainly escalated.

“...Huh...?”

“Don't you feel any responsibility?”

“...”

“And I suffered a long time 'cause of you too, right?”

“You got anything to say to that?”

“Hahaha! No reason to clam up.”

“...No...! I...!!”

“I did... the most I could...!”

“I protected everyone...! I did...!!”

“But... but...!!”

“Just stop it already, Joe!!”

“You wanna look away?”

(A dream... That was just a dream...!)

(I need to calm down...! Need to...!)

(Where is this...?)

Investigate light(s).

A bright light illuminates the room.

(This looks just like a hotel room…)

Investigate window.

(What an awful face… I look lifeless.)

(Enough… This is no time to be looking in the mirror…)

(Eh…?)

Investigate the bedside light.

The light went out.

• Sara doesn't comment on the blood – if you recheck the lamp, she makes the same remark as last time.

Investigate Mishima.

Professor Mishima…

Investigate Kai.

Kai...

Investigate Joe.

Music stops.

“You… You aren’t Joe!!”

“This is… just a nightmare…!!”

“Ah…”

A sharp pain spread through my body.

“Help me… someone…”

Squeeze.

“St… op…!!”

Music stops.

“Ah… Kei… ji...”

“...Yep. Your friendly policeman in the flesh.”

The room… is still clean.

(Ow… Did I go running around and hurt myself…?)

“Show me your wounds. Heard some pretty loud noises… Something happen?”

“No need to hide it. You had a hallucination. Isn’t that right, Sara?”

“How… do you know that…?”

“Glad you didn’t get any major injuries. C’mon, sit down on the bed.”

“...Where is this place?”

“This is the third floor. There’s rooms prepared here, one for each person. In other words, “get some rest.”

“Don’t mention it. ...But I think you should sleep a little longer.”

“I don’t want to worry everyone…”

“Everybody else is resting too. No need for you alone to push it.”

“You’ve come this far without a break… You at least deserve to sleep.”

“I don’t… want to sleep.”

“What…?”

“No way. I can’t let you go into danger.”

“...Please move aside… I’d rather that than lying down alone.”

“Whew… Alright, fine. I’ll lend you a shoulder. Rest just a little more.”

“...Understood.”

“..........”

“...Nodded off, eh…”

“Well, shucks....”

“You too, huh, Sara…? ...You can’t… acknowledge the hallucinations.”

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 25, 2020

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

oh no it went full creepypasta

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

:magical: Anime PTSD is no joke.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Capfalcon posted:

After viewing that face... well, it's not like I needed to sleep tonight anyway.

Heh heh heh... if that was your reaction to Sara's dad's angry face, I can't wait to see your reaction to this update.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
Thanks, now Joe is scary. Yay.

Is Keiji going to become our new BFF? Because I'm still just a tiny bit wary of him...

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Well. That's pretty metal. I do like the changes around the eyes and such.

So, bets on Keiji having killed some really bad people, or some really innocent people? I think it's probably more than just failed to save some people, given context.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I bet he just lost his partner to some SAW crap like this and then shot the culprit. A know-it-all told me once that the PTSD batting average for causing someone's death was like 80% so the two-for-one (or one-for-one) probably dunked him.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
He has already mentioned back in the Russian roulette painting room that he's shot someone before. Makes sense that he's suffering some consequences if he can't even trust himself to hold a gun anymore.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tylana posted:

Well. That's pretty metal. I do like the changes around the eyes and such.

So, bets on Keiji having killed some really bad people, or some really innocent people? I think it's probably more than just failed to save some people, given context.

Didn't he already admit that he'd killed someone by firing a gun and that's why he refused to do it? So almost assuredly that the death's still traumatizing him.

I think Keiji is just a genuinely good person, but his coyness makes him carry the hint of untrustworthiness, unlike Sou (or... Not-Sou) who always seemed to be lying even before it came out he was a filthy liar. The hanging question for me is, given we've seen names on sheets from other participants who either are in hiding, or didn't make it... was Keiji actually alone in his task? And if he wasn't, why does he pretend he is?

As for the game so far... I will admit I don't dig death-game stories. I think the strongest element of the first two Zero Escape games was that ultimately the point of the 'death game' was that everybody got out alive. The fact that so much death just... was inevitable in ZTD along with the forced segregation of the cast preventing interesting dynamics from forming, was largely what makes me consider that game so weak. There being an inevitable "No, people are going to die and there's jack and poo poo that can be done to stop it." Doesn't appeal to me. That said, this is an extremely strong story so I've been following along quite intrigued to how it's going to suss out.

I guess what hinges for me is we don't know how many rounds they have to survive. 2 people are eliminated in each round minimum, the majority vote and the Sacrifice.

So we have 11 People in the main game, technically we could have had more, but that's the question. Do they just keep doing Main Games until there's a single survivor? Going by 2 Minimum each time, we go 11>9>7>5>3>1. This doesn't work. Since the Sacrifice always gets 2 votes, any 3-player scenario ends with the Sacrifice voting for themself twice and winning automatically. We also need to account for the number of people initially placed in the game, which, according to the blackboard in the bar, is 20.

So that makes the initial amount of votes Odd, 21>19>17> repeating. However, not everyone survived their first trial. So here's the question I.E. the rules.

Is it a certain number for victory, or a certain amount of rounds? Technically, we know that 2, minimum, can survive by voting for the Sacrifice, If only 3 people survived the First Trial (Let's say Sara, Jou and Sou) then there couldn't BE a game. So I think that it's a certain amount of rounds, that concludes when the game can no longer be played.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Part of 3-1 is available in Japanese now. The rest of 3-1 should be available tomorrow. Some people have already finished and data mining has started, so please be careful of spoilers.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 25, 2020

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Nice. I hope the translation isn't too far behind but odds are this is the first moment they could begin translating it.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

"Don't end up like Mr. Policeman" Is one of my favorite moments of the game- basically the entire post that just happened. It's really good characterization.

I'm doing my own little live let's play of this game for some of my friends now, who haven't paid the $10 tax. They're pretty into it! Aaaaah I really can't wait for chapter 3 to be translated.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

“...Yes. Thank you very much.”

“Want to go show your face to everyone? They're worried, so...”

“...Yes.”

• We'll get a bad ending if the level gets too high.

Music stops.

As soon as I entered the large, bright space, I noticed the people there.

A singing voice echoed through the room.

• It is pretty, though not what I would have expected Reko's singing to sound like.

“Hmph... You look awful.”

“...Alice...”

“Why're you listening in from the wall? Isn't she your sister?”

(Right... Reko and Alice were siblings, huh...)

“I don't care to introduce unnecessary distractions with my presence.”

“Pretty conscientious for your sister, eh?”

“...Always the provocative one, aren't you.”

“...You all....”

“What do you... think of Reko?”

“...I suppose I can interpret that in a good way.”

“Doesn't seem like she gets bashful, not even if she's dealing with brawny men.”

“Kind to the weak, harsh on the strong... That's the impression I get.”

“...She was different before.”

“...Precisely.”

“She was harsh even on herself... But especially harsh on those who didn't act, without regard for whether they were weak.”

“She's undergone a startling change.”

“Due to your murder case, I take it...?”

Music stops.

“...!”

“Mwahaha... Exactly right...”

“...Sorry to make you hear these trifles.”

“Sara, you came to!”

“Sara...!!”

“Big sis Saraaaaaaaa!!”

It's warm...

Everyone must be exhausted, body and soul...

“...”

“E-Er, sorry...”

Alice leaves.

“Nothin' yet. After that awful Main Game, we've been off by ourselves resting.”

“We were given rooms for every person, so... We carried you here, and have been standing by...”

“But that bad doll girl's nowhere to be found, woof. Should we go look for her, meow?”

• The logical answer would be to explore the new area or even to try keep an eye on Miley, but after everything Miley has done, especially to Sara's best friend, I think a lot of people would be after some kind of justice.

“We'll find her...”

“...Big sis Sara?”

“Ah... U-Um, it's nothing.”

“Alright, sitting around's not my style either. Let's take caution exploring the area.”

• There's nothing to investigate in this room.

Investigate the debris.

Rubble is scattered all over.

Talk to Q-taro.

“...!”

“Sara! Ya okay now?!”

“Q-taro...”

“I'm... not strong at all.”

“... 'Course, yeah. Sorry.”

“You really suffered. Sayin' not to sweat it after that's just insensitive.”

“Yeah...! I wanna get revenge for yer best friend... And also...”

“Q-taro...”

“I'm goin' back to searchin'. Wanna find clues, whether it's about an exit or about the kidnappers.”

“I'll... do my best too.”

Talk to Alice.

“Ahh... I'm gonna look over there. Come tell me when you wanna go elsewhere.”

(Reko...)

“You, Sara Chidouin. There's a courtyard here... Don't you think it odd?”

“Hmph... Of course it wouldn't. It's only the appearance of a courtyard.”

“Can we talk for a sec, Alice?”

“I refuse. ...If you have business with me, come when I'm alone, Keiji Shinogi.”

“Right then.”

“He really is a little scary, isn't he?

“Almost like... some kinda security room, ain't it?”

Music stops.

(Hm? I think I hear a faint sound... Is one of the monitors... on?)

Talk to Kanna.

“...!”

As soon as Kanna noticed me, she averted her eyes.

(I don't think... I can talk calmly to Kanna right now.)

(Even if she was just being used... Right now, I just can't do it.)

Investigate the machine in front of the monitors.

In front of the monitors is a machine that, despite it's complexity, offers only simple functions.

Investigate a monitor.

One of numerous monitors.

Investigate second from right monitor.

I hear a faint sound from this monitor.

(Is this... another trap?)

The man on the monitor... It's unmistakably...

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hahaha, its got a sanity meter. What a nasty mechanic to toss in. I love it.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Oof i just noticed the huge eye-bags on Sara and Kanna. It's a really nice touch and a sign of how bad things are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gosts posted:

"Don't end up like Mr. Policeman" Is one of my favorite moments of the game- basically the entire post that just happened. It's really good characterization.

I really love it too. That one image just sums up what kind of hell he's enduring behind all the friendly smiles.

I also can't wait to see what happens in the Bad Ending :suspense:.