Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Do you think that you are the only one that owns any? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 8 hours ago by Funkycold6

So i watched the movie "The Big Short" yesterday. I kinda feel like that is the Crypto Community. That we are shorting the fiat/government etc. We try to tell our friends and family but they dont care. If/When it happens that BTC goes up to unreachable amounts and fiat crashes or treads sideways with Bitcoin and then starts to tail off/crash how are you going to feel?

There was a part in the movie towards the end where they are leaving the expo and they were excited that they bought all those buybacks but Brad Pitts character told them to not be dancing around because even though they are going to be rich that millions will suffer.

Do you feel any remorse or anything?

I dont. I have told my family and friends and they role their eyes. Only one out of the 20 or so that i have spoken with about crypto has jumped in. He does his own research and is blown away about crypto in general.

I was walking around yesterday in the Super Market and thinking to my self that i am probably the only one that has any Crypto in here. What are these people going to do when Bitcoin is out of reach.

Do you ever think to yourself when you are in a large populated area like the market, mall or concert that you are probably the only one that owns any?

Does anyone buy some for family just because you know that they will not get in and when BTC explodes in the next few years that you will give them some?

Just rambling.

Thank You

meeb52redditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

Financially I don’t feel sorry for them. I assume it is just as bad as the other crisis after maximum 4-5 years of struggle they’ll be fine again. The most devastating thing for nocoiners is how they have to deal with themselves on would’ve should’ve feelings. Unlike previous crisis that lay men got f*cked over and couldn’t do anything about it. This time you actually can do something but you choose not to. Why, just why? Probably the only time in human history that ordinary persons have an access advantage over the ruling class on the new game changing technology. I am feeling sorry and quite pissed about that.

King_Yautja 5 points 6 hours ago

Everyone in my immediate family is a hodler. I was the first, who then convinced my brother, then our parents, and a few cousins, and then a few of my friends.

Do I feel bad about shorting the fiat system? No. I didn't create this mess, and I've done more than my fair share of work to try and convince people to stock up on BTC as a hedge.

When the crash comes and they get rinsed while I make out like a bandit, oh well. I warned them.

Funkycold6[S] 1 point 6 hours ago

same here. Only 1 person has gotten on board and he understands. I tell my family all the time in our group chat. But im now probably known as the crazy family member. My step bro and I have chat together and talk about buying opportunities etc. which is a breathe of fresh air since i can finally have someone to talk to about this. I wont be sad at all. I have sent them emails on how to do it i have said to them if you buy 10 bucks i send you 10 bucks to show you how it works. Nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

My ex refuses to hand over my half of our crypto currency - he thinks it’s untouchable, is it? Please help.
(self.legaladvice)
submitted 6 hours ago by legaleaglebeaglebug

Australia.

Ex husband and I invested $20,000 of our shared money in crypto a few years ago. He has the log in details and the digital wallet. We divorced and agreed to split everything 50/50. He refuses now to hand over my half of the crypto. He refuses to tell me how much is in the accounts. He, a few months ago over text, admitted there was $7,000 left (from a compulsive liar, I doubt this). I demanded he then give me my 3,500 and please just end this. He just tells me “good luck, no one can trace it.” I’m in a really bad place financially, I really need the money for medical treatment. I think there’s far more than $7,000 and feel so helpless. I worked my rear end off through chemo and full time work and full time study to save for that money and he took it all :( please help me.

Just as an FYI - In Aus, a divorce is finalised seperate to the finalisation of property and assets.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

thus the lightning network will always and forever be in "beta", with the full release version scheduled for nine months from whatever the current date might be
foreverially unworkable and loving it

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

meeb52redditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

Financially I don’t feel sorry for them. I assume it is just as bad as the other crisis after maximum 4-5 years of struggle they’ll be fine again.
in my fantasy where the world economy is overturned and most of the population (except for captains of industry like myself) end up with no money at all, it all just works out fine in the end for them and if it doesnt gently caress em. of course this is rational and moral, why do you ask?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
in the post hyperbitcoinization future maps will be made illegal as they are a symbol of statist oppression

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i'm visiting my grandma and she has the simpsons on in the background. apparently it's a bitcoin episode. i knew this show was out of touch but holy moly i had no idea they'd gotten this far behind

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
bitcoiners watch the big short and they see themselves as the rebellious upstarts bucking conventional wisdom

ask them why they think it's going to go up and they're the room full of bankers laughing at the question because of course it always goes up

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

Does anyone buy some for family just because you know that they will not get in and when BTC explodes in the next few years that you will give them some?

poo poo-that-is-even-less-likely-to-happen-than-butts-becoming-the-new-world-currency.txt.vbs

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm visiting my grandma and she has the simpsons on in the background. apparently it's a bitcoin episode. i knew this show was out of touch but holy moly i had no idea they'd gotten this far behind

nah, it was mocking butts and butters relentlessly in sort of a dorky dad way

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Jim Aylward from crypto project London Football Exchange turns out to be multiply convicted fraudster James Abbass Biniaz - crypto guy who turns out to be a serial scammer? shocked, shocked https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/exclusive-investigation-lfe-sued-for-us2-2m-and-who-is-jim-aylward/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

Jim Aylward from crypto project London Football Exchange turns out to be multiply convicted fraudster James Abbass Biniaz - crypto guy who turns out to be a serial scammer? shocked, shocked https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/exclusive-investigation-lfe-sued-for-us2-2m-and-who-is-jim-aylward/

:wrong:

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

nah, it was mocking butts and butters relentlessly in sort of a dorky dad way
it's weird how out of date it is but pretends to be new to appeal to children.

and then it gets on the simpsons

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

why do these things always come out after they've scammed? i though bitcoin was supposed to be based to trustlessness so it was up to you, the customer, to hire dozens of private eyes and reddit detectives to investigate everyone you do business with

...!
Oct 5, 2003

is iota still shut off because of the hack?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I don't care what they say.

Bitcoin energy waste? NO! its verry green .

Bitcoin mining does not cost much energy at all. It is a very green way of working.

add up everything worldwide from a bank worldwide such as ATMS, Offices, skyscrapers, headquaters, coin press factories, coin factories. total people worldwide who work for a bank. They all work behind a PC, with large servers.

So bitcoin is one of the biggest thing of value and banks word have this for making more money

Banks hate cash money, its woth nothing.

Govement = Mafia = Central Banks.

They all get the finger from me

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Remember that time you stole lots of bitcoins in payday 2?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like when you can tell someone is literally shaking whilst typing

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

dont doxx me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
this nonsense still exists?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

Banks hate cash money, its woth nothing.

yep if there's one thing banks hate it's money

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

i like when you can tell someone is literally shaking whilst`ve typing

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

with bitcoin you are your own bank so for a fair comparison they need to include the energy use and toxic emissions from all bitcoiners

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

this nonsense still exists?
and still, incredibly, nobody has said buttcoin

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

and still, incredibly, nobody has said buttcoin

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh no Black Lightning

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Boxturret posted:

Is it cuz they misspell while

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Alan Smithee posted:

Is it cuz they misspell while

whilst shaking, I

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Vomik posted:

whilst shaking, I

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Amidst bouts of shakes, myself

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You quickly gather a handful of bitcoins and put them in your wallet. You then raise your wallet high into the air and wave the bitcoins in front of your face. A huge smile spreads across your face as you continue waving the bitcoins in front of your face.

You keep eating the bitcoins and soon find a fresh one to hunt. You quickly chase after the statist and attack it. You pounce on top of the statist and begin tearing it apart.

You scream loudly as you rip pieces of statist FUD from the statist's body and shove them down the statist's throat. You then begin laughing maniacally as you feast on the remains of the statist.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

EorayMel posted:

You quickly gather a handful of bitcoins and put them in your wallet. You then raise your wallet high into the air and wave the bitcoins in front of your face. A huge smile spreads across your face as you continue waving the bitcoins in front of your face.

You keep eating the bitcoins and soon find a fresh one to hunt. You quickly chase after the statist and attack it. You pounce on top of the statist and begin tearing it apart.

You scream loudly as you rip pieces of statist FUD from the statist's body and shove them down the statist's throat. You then begin laughing maniacally as you feast on the remains of the statist.

:same:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
fun sovcit thread

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1232331986448064512

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

allodial silver

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/RealRossU/status/1232331036509405184

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the government received $48 million from selling ross's crime coins. where's the appreciation

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gazpacho posted:

the government received $48 million from selling ross's crime coins. where's the appreciation

Rookie move. Should have HODLed.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like how it says born day instead of birthday because they are not a boat :sureboat:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
what's Moor Americas

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
your honor, i am not a boat, but the real-life flesh-and-blood natural person me is, and that's why his nationality is Moor Americas. and so as you will appreciate, joinder is impossible, and i will have the 500,000 dollars from my admiralty bank account now please. make it quick, i have some travelling to do upon the land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
What we need is moor americas. Sure, we’ve got North America, Central America, and South America, but what about east America and west America and democratic republic of America? Moor Americas now!