Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
You can always tell my dads mates that he went to high school with bc they call him ‘fred’ despite the fact that is not his name and the story behind it makes no sense when anyone explains it to me and I’m sure they’re leaving something out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Stacked hydro garden

I can't remember if there was external power on my deck at the new place but I'm thinking about getting one of these so I can grow some herbs and stuff

Looks expensive.

I got a Phototron. (currently on loan to a mate).

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Also I have about 100L in Sydney of 10+% beer

Hey Laserface - do you drink beer? I need to offload some and it's the least I can do for the fridge

Umm. I drink beer dude.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

Looks expensive.

I got a Phototron. (currently on loan to a mate).

This looks specifically for weed

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

Umm. I drink beer dude.

Laserface is giving me a big rear end fridge, hence the payment with beer

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Laserface is giving me a big rear end fridge, hence the payment with beer

Laserface is a oval office.

Drop the beers at my joint.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Blow posted:

Said the pot to the kettle.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blow posted:

Yeah but you're a loving oval office. There's a difference.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I take back what I said about the woollies carpark being the Athenian marketplace of modern Australia, actually its scrap metal yards that are the vibrant birthplace of ideas

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...78267b713d23ecf

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Behind a paywall. I can't believe we have websites that do this still

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Baboon on the loose in western Sydney

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Korgan posted:

Behind a paywall. I can't believe we have websites that do this still
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/25/sydney-baboon-escape-police-investigating-royal-prince-alfred-hospital

quote:

Three baboons have been recaptured after they were spotted on the loose at a major Sydney hospital, triggering a police response and a flurry of interest online.

Police told Guardian Australia on Tuesday evening that they were attending “an incident of that nature” when asked if reports of baboons on the loose were true.

Callers to Sydney talkback radio station 2GB were first to report that they’d seen apes running loose in the area.

A caller told presenter Ben Fordham that he’d seen three baboons.

“Mate I’m deadset serious, I’m at RPA, I’m six floors up and I was just having a gaze out at the carpark… and there were three baboons in the carpark,” he said. “I’m deadset serious. They even had shiny red bottoms.”

Another caller said her daughter and her colleagues had been chasing the animals.

“My daughter is an occupational therapist at RPA and she said ‘yes mum, I’ve just helped wrangle them’,” the caller said.

New South Wales police confirmed on Tuesday evening that they had recaptured the animals.

“Just after 5:30pm officers from Inner West Police Area Command were called to a car park on Missiden Road and Lucas St Camperdown, after reports three baboons escaped while being transported,” a NSW police spokesperson said.

“They are currently contained and police are working with experts to safely return them to their facility.

“There is no immediate danger to the public but people are advised to avoid the area,” she said.

A spokesperson from the University of Sydney told Guardian Australia that they were looking into the incident.

The baboons join a long tradition of animals breaking loose from captivity and embracing the freedom of the big city.

They include two water buffalo, which escaped from a movie set in Newtown, Sydney, and chased pedestrians down King Street; two llamas chased by police through the streets of Sun City, Arizona in 2015; and three lions that escaped from a circus on Mindil beach, Darwin, and caused all kinds of havoc before they were caught – including gatecrashing a wedding in the botanical gardens.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Seems like as good a time as any to rewatch 12 Monkeys

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

quote:

The baboons join a long tradition of animals breaking loose from captivity and embracing the freedom of the big city.

This makes it sound like a wholesome Disney movie that I’m not convinced the reality can live up to

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Actually now that I think about it that hypothetical Disney movie is definitely crazy racist

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Free at last, free at last...

Aule
Oct 16, 2019

Blow posted:

"The Protei-5 (Протей-5) is a small Russian one-man diver propulsion vehicle often used by Russian commando frogmen. It is battery electric powered, using six non-sealed lead–acid batteries. It clips on under the diver with a clip over each shoulder and one up between his legs. Its casing is aluminium. It was intended to be clipped onto the outside of a submarine; near the operation site the frogmen would airlock out underwater and unhitch their Protei 5's and ride them to the operation site. It seems to have been intended to be ridden fast and far rather than for complicated maneuvering.

The Russian for this sort of "diver-carrying vehicle" is буксировщик buksirovshchik = "tugger".

Nice copy and paste dude. Couldn’t of done better myself :fap:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lolie posted:

Free at last, free at last...

That's grouse as mate.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

Seems like as good a time as any to rewatch 12 Monkeys

the movie, or the tv show

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I forgot there even was a TV show. Might watch Outbreak first.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Sea patrol uses Tuggers while rounding up Scooby doos for the destructor

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Actually now that I think about it that hypothetical Disney movie is definitely crazy racist

you're just saying that because the monkeys would definitely have 'urban' black affectations

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Litoria Rubrum in its natural habitat.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

also I drew a picture of Paul Heywood-Smith QC while staring at him the other day and in principle this is the most I've ever been paid while producing art

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Off for a panic shop sarvo.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Doing stocktake on perishable rubber stock at work, seeing what I can bin

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Probably gonna just write it off and throw it away rather than gently caress about and wait for approval to do so tbh, last 3 days, gently caress it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Getting into a massive argument with scrapyard Dave bc I know that their model of eftpos machine that’s perpetually ‘out of order’ hasn’t been supported since 2013 and I won’t stop asking to pay on card until he admits that to me man to man

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Getting into a massive argument with scrapyard Dave bc I know that their model of eftpos machine that’s perpetually ‘out of order’ hasn’t been supported since 2013 and I won’t stop asking to pay on card until he admits that to me man to man

This is the strangest thread at times. The rest of the forum have no idea what they're missing.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

my barbers eftpos terminal has been 'out of order' the last 3 visits and I only go every 6-8 weeks.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Thinking about making a bunch of tofu at home

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

Thinking about making a bunch of tofu at home

I like this

I've decided to pick up some mason jars with ferment lids in various sizes and do pickles and sauces properly

Dug through my plants up the back and P much threw all of them out, most were dead. By throwing them out I mean just tossing them over the fence so there's a good chance they'll end up taking root in the ground over there and growing wild. I kept my curry leaf tree bc it was the only healthy one left, and gifted my large tabasco tree to my housemate so he can plant it in the ground

Ended up walking inside and sitting down then realised my foot was itchy, looked down and there was a loving leech hanging off my ankle.

Normally you can pull the skin taut and slide em off with a credit card, or a nail (I don't rly have nails), so instead I went into the shower, we have one of those detachable heads, turned it to massage mode (3 high flow streams) and up to full hot and essentially pressure washed it off my ankle. 10/10 worked a treat

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

McSpergin posted:

I like this

I've decided to pick up some mason jars with ferment lids in various sizes and do pickles and sauces properly

Dug through my plants up the back and P much threw all of them out, most were dead. By throwing them out I mean just tossing them over the fence so there's a good chance they'll end up taking root in the ground over there and growing wild. I kept my curry leaf tree bc it was the only healthy one left, and gifted my large tabasco tree to my housemate so he can plant it in the ground

My spinach plants are good for about one large harvest a week at the moment which is fine, I don't eat more that 2-3 times a week

I'm looking to pickle a bunch of chilis and ginger to have them for flavourings in my stir-frys.

I'm getting some kangkong and putting that into my lovely hydroponic system tomorrow, which should actually be perfect for them

Also getting some struck kumera from the folks and chucking it in to a raised bed potato Tower thing

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Not that one has to take taxis anymore, but I always got a kick out of the drivers claiming their cabcharges were "out of order" and having to pretend to start walking away.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

We had some cabbie try to double charge us one night in brissy, we were out for a mate's 25th and most of us were P cooked on pingers and booze, we got the maxi and he said to pay up front, based on the location, which we did, then when we pulled up at my mate's he goes "that'll be xxx dollars" and me being infinitely less cooked on pingers clued onto him P quick and called him out. My mate and his Mrs were starting to get their wallets out lmao

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

And they wonder why things like uber are doing so well in Australia, maybe hire less scumbags now that you don't actually have the monopoly on ferrying people in cars lmao

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Or have a robust app that has clear level of accountability and Automatically pays by bank

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I tried to get a cab home from the Tool concert last week after the huge storm hit. Uber was surge pricing and cabs were abundant and lined up waiting to go so we tried a cab.

the first guy wouldnt unlock the doors to let us in until we said where we were going. we said 'Pendle hill' which is like 10min on the motorway from the concert, max. he said no.

we tried another guy and he said the same thing saying 'I wont get a return fare its not worth my time'

yeah, Cant figure out why people prefer Uber over cabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I only travel in a rickshaw pulled by NVJ.