Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
no commentery video, has music and sound and looks so drat good. as a death by a monster too and you can hear a snap and its great and it may be a little spoilery for some of the setups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVmnTzucDk

glad the music seems more faithful than remake2 was.

edit: holy poo poo, the cafe has music from the true ending of OG re2 playing on the speakers, the iron maiden like rockin one.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vikar Jerome posted:

edit: holy poo poo, the cafe has music from the true ending of OG re2 playing on the speakers, the iron maiden like rockin one.

:aaaaa: :perfect: :aaaaa: :perfect: :aaaaa: :perfect:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyRn4k7Cr8U

sounds better than OG 3 and re2remake. :stare:

shame the drain deimos section feels tacked on by the sounds of it, but who knows. also weird the ign video calls the gravediggers the hunter gammas? i dont know about that... they look like an evolved gravedigger to me, like tremors 2 graboids or something.

It looks like they took inspiration from gravedigger, the giant worm with the split head, for the hunter gammas, which were the even more froggy hunters, that started showing up in the park I think, which could eat you. What the video is confusing is the more normal hunters that also appear in RE3 (starting in the hospital with Carlos?) with the gammas.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Player mechanics: The quick dodge movement reminded me a bit of Resident Evil 6, so we're one step closer to suplexes.

Also Nemesis quickly cutting you off is terrifying.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyRn4k7Cr8U

sounds better than OG 3 and re2remake. :stare:

shame the drain deimos section feels tacked on by the sounds of it, but who knows. also weird the ign video calls the gravediggers the hunter gammas? i dont know about that... they look like an evolved gravedigger to me, like tremors 2 graboids or something.

Yeah I will miss the old drain deimos and their funny screeching-while-flailing-at-you-attack. And I also liked the old hunter gammas and their extremely toad-like appearance but then again I can understand that Capcom realized that the Gravedigger was not exactly an entertaining opponent so I can see the reasoning behind mixing the Gammas and Gravedigger together.

Also it's a bit annoying because I was making a RE-themed roleplaying campaign taking place in Raccoon City during the events of RE2/RE3 and now I might have to change the stats for the drain deimos. Or I could get away with it by saying the small ones aren't adult yet? My players would only fight two of them for the first "day" anyway so no big issue. They are already going to be in enough pain with the 50 zombies, 12 dogs, 17 spiders (what can I say I think they are neat), 9 lickers and the one giant spider boss I'm going to throw at them that 2 drain deimos wouldn't really matter.

And yes there are both a crank AND a valve handle in that campaign, thanks for asking.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Looks intense! The dodge looks awesome, I'm hoping that as usual, the reporters playing are just awful, and it's easier to dodge nemmyboy's punches while you desperately try to escape. I'm curious if the zombie damage is the same as RE2make, or if they've changed it a bit due to the change in pace/density/environment.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
damage is the same. the footage all seems to be from one source rather individuals tho, at least it looks like it to me.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The new dodge move looks really badass and it apparently uses stamina so you cant spam it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

resistence gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiRDPS37Sqw

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Not sure if people knew this or not but RE3 always had a dodge, it's not exactly state secrets.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is there any word on how the dodge functions this time around?

Like is it closer to Rev 2, OG RE3 etc.?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Is there any word on how the dodge functions this time around?

Like is it closer to Rev 2, OG RE3 etc.?

its r1+stick movement. you can use it any time but theres a unseen stamina meter to it. seems like you can do it 3 times before you gotta rest it, so no spamming. theres also a perfect dodge, not sure how to use it, think i read you press x while doing the dodge or something and you get a slight slow down effect and quick turn headshot type chance.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Vikar Jerome posted:

think i read you press x while doing the dodge or something and you get a slight slow down effect and quick turn headshot type chance.

The commentary-less compilation posted earlier in the thread has a couple examples of the slow-motion dodge. It looks like you get about a second of slowed-down time, which doesn't sound like much but the guy playing dumped his mag into a zombie before it'd finished turning around. I suspect good use of the slow-mo dodge will be huge when replaying the game, and will probably be a big factor in speedrunning (or unlocking items if they use the same system as RE2 for ranking).

Hunter gamma looks wild. Man, even in its worst installments, Resident Evil has this grasp of weird chimeric body horror that I don't think any other franchise nails as consistently. This game's gonna rule.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Solomonic posted:

The commentary-less compilation posted earlier in the thread has a couple examples of the slow-motion dodge. It looks like you get about a second of slowed-down time, which doesn't sound like much but the guy playing dumped his mag into a zombie before it'd finished turning around. I suspect good use of the slow-mo dodge will be huge when replaying the game, and will probably be a big factor in speedrunning (or unlocking items if they use the same system as RE2 for ranking).

Hunter gamma looks wild. Man, even in its worst installments, Resident Evil has this grasp of weird chimeric body horror that I don't think any other franchise nails as consistently. This game's gonna rule.

Would be you be able to provide a timestamp?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

In Training posted:

Would be you be able to provide a timestamp?

sure! I'm on mobile so apologies if I screw up the link, but it happens at 6:20 of the video, here.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I really hope Nemesis isn't up your rear end constantly, or he'll go from scary and stressful to irritating very quickly. Mr X was right at that limit for me at times, especially when I was trying to solve that library puzzle. Just became comical with move the shelf > do a lap round the library > move another shelf > run around a bit.

Or gives us decent way to knock him out for a few minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In RE3 you could "kill" nemesis every time he appeared which I assume is still true.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spalec posted:

I really hope Nemesis isn't up your rear end constantly, or he'll go from scary and stressful to irritating very quickly. Mr X was right at that limit for me at times, especially when I was trying to solve that library puzzle. Just became comical with move the shelf > do a lap round the library > move another shelf > run around a bit.

I suspect he's going to have a semi-randomized set of places he can appear in addition to forced appearances.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
As difficult as he may have felt to handle the first time I ran into him, Mr. X was legitimately not all that dangerous or hard to get away from. I think we shouldn't be too concerned about this before we've even at least tried the demo. I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as people are imagining it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spalec posted:

For that library thing, the trick is to do most of the shelf moving the very first time you end up in there, once you’ve dealt with zombies and such. Slide the left most shelves as far to the right as you can, and the rightmost shelf once to the left.

By time you’ve got the lever thing later on in the game, you should only have to move the left most shelf once, so you can slide all three into place at the same time. Mr. X won’t be too much of a problem that way, if you’ve prepared beforehand.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Spalec posted:

The IGN commentary said he was pretty relentless and difficult to lose in a chase but that may also just be that the part they were playing was designed to be like that. That said Nemesis in original RE3 was able to chase you for a good long while for that kind of game from that era of game so I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re running from Nemmy it’s at least a few minutes of ducking and weaving and occasionally shooting.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I suspect he's going to have a semi-randomized set of places he can appear in addition to forced appearances.
The stuff where Nemesis has the huge-rear end flamethrower looks very much to be a set piece battle much like the clock tower fight and the other set locations Nemesis appears. The questions are more "does he have new spots?" and "where those places are going to be?", because even the initial reveal trailer showed stuff getting rearranged (Murphy's death looks like it's happening in the gas station, not the hospital like the original).

My more sillier question is "Exactly how many rounds is the flamethrower's fuel tank going to withstand before the game lets me blow it up?".

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

On my last playthrough of RE2, Leon A, X wasn't even an annoyance. Think I got punched like once when I carelessly just tried to push past him. I do recall him being more tame in A, no? He also didn't have a flamethrower complete with 900 gallon tank. Jesus what is that gonna be like

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I imagine that aside from the obvious high pressure stream of fire, Nemesis might have a sneaky backhand move if you get too close. As in, he'll just swing his hand outwards, using the flamethrower's nozzle (or whatever that section is called) like it's a tonfa. Or beating him in this section results in Nemesis yanking off the fuel tank and chucking it right at you like a Randy Johnson fastball.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnzZae-lmuQ

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why did I make the mistake of looking at youtube comments

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

You should know by now to never look at the trap.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Get a loving haircut Carlos.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
He looks like he's in The Strokes and it cracks me up.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

So is it safe to assume the demo will be another one-hour thing released two weeks before the game?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

So is it safe to assume the demo will be another one-hour thing released two weeks before the game?

It’ll probably be the same demo the game journalists just played.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

This is a very good Firefox addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/shut-up-comment-blocker/

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ImpAtom posted:

don't kinkshame the yoshi eggs guy for his ryona fetish

actually please do

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
A mutilingual person on the RE reddit went through tons of preview videos in mutliple languages to get all the deets:

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/f9ovxs/i_spent_the_whole_day_watching_re3_handson_videos/

Lots of cool stuff.

Because there's a new dodge mechanic, sub-weapons are no longer used to avoid grabs. Jill can only dodge. Grenades and the knife are now combat only

:ohdear: I'm gonna get eated real bad huh

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think I'd rather have subweapons than the dodge mechanic tbh. Hopefully this upcoming demo changes my mind though.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Carlos's hair will be so worth it if he's introduced wearing a helmet, then takes it off and shakes his hair out in slow motion.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You nuts? Who wants scarce single use (mostly) items when you can break out those mad parry skills for free and clown on bioweapons like you're fuckin Donnie Yen

..though, maybe I'm overestimating the ability of a studio to implement the feature well when the number one calling card of the franchise is "Tank controls"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
On the other hand, Resident Evil 4. Tank controls have never been sexier.

Really, though, Capcom makes a lot of games. I'm pretty sure they have the expertise.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Cardiovorax posted:

As difficult as he may have felt to handle the first time I ran into him, Mr. X was legitimately not all that dangerous or hard to get away from. I think we shouldn't be too concerned about this before we've even at least tried the demo. I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as people are imagining it.

On subsequent playthroughs, Mr.X wasn't that big of an issue for me. But my first time through, he absolutely was a bit irritating. Like most people won't know about the library stuff their first time through and may end up running around the library trying to move those bookshelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Still though, no matter how many playthroughs, I will always shoot his little hat off

What I’m saying is, nemesis should have a hat