Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

I feel like I'm being gaslit, but I checked my google photos. Their search function is superb. They have always had seeds, but the seeds were few.

This one I had yesterday was exceptionally seeded.

I’m getting some Mandela Effect off this because I’ve never gotten a seeded hotdog bun... I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's gotta be regional because I've never had seeds on the hot dog buns from Costco, or anywhere else ever in my life.

that's a hamburger bun only thing around these parts

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Wow that's trippy. I've never had a bun from Costco without seeds.

You learn something new everyday!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Hot dog bun tiers:

C: plain
B: sesame seeds
A: poppy seed
S: cheese bun
S+: pretzel bun

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

Picked up a couple of frozen ducks at the Lynnwood Business Center for one third the price they are at the local butcher, when he even has them. They also had half a goat hanging up in the freezer, but I'd probably die from trying to eat that much goat curry.

Tempting though.

:yeshaha: This is extremely relevant to my interests. Did they also have whole pigs?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

:yeshaha: This is extremely relevant to my interests. Did they also have whole pigs?

Yup, at least at mine they do. Almost always seem to have whole pigs and whole lamb.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Enos Cabell posted:

Yup, at least at mine they do. Almost always seem to have whole pigs and whole lamb.

Why can't my local here on kauai ever get whole pigs and goats, people go nuts for those locally and the only way to actually get them is to go shoot one yourself, and if you are a transplant like myself it's nearly impossible to get someone to show you the good hunting spots.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Lol I've been using my Costco Visa at the pumps for years but never realized it also replaced the membership inside the store as well...been giving the cashiers my membership card when I could just be carrying my Visa!! dammit :v:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Washout posted:

Why can't my local here on kauai ever get whole pigs and goats, people go nuts for those locally and the only way to actually get them is to go shoot one yourself, and if you are a transplant like myself it's nearly impossible to get someone to show you the good hunting spots.

drat, you'd figure whole pigs would be a slam dunk there. That's like the first place I think of when I think of a roasted whole pig.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Enos Cabell posted:

drat, you'd figure whole pigs would be a slam dunk there. That's like the first place I think of when I think of a roasted whole pig.

Great point. Do Costcos in BBQ hot spots sell whole hogs or maybe beef primals? If there's a market for whole or mostly-whole animals, it's gotta be Hawaii or BBQ country.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

Ive been dual wielding my cards since I got my credit card a month or so ago. :negative:

When I got the Costco Visa it had a new membership number, so the original membership card was more than useless at that point.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I didn't look for the pigs, but probably. They had a half lamb too, but I just got a shoulder. Probably will do a couple of mini shepherds pie out of what we don't eat from the roast.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

AF posted:

Lol I've been using my Costco Visa at the pumps for years but never realized it also replaced the membership inside the store as well...been giving the cashiers my membership card when I could just be carrying my Visa!! dammit :v:

It has your face and membership number right on the back :psyduck:

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

FCKGW posted:

It has your face and membership number right on the back :psyduck:

Even a little scan bar, which is definitely not a usual thing on a credit card.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Carrion Luggage posted:

you live in a retirement area?

Fair amount of old people.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Took a late afternoon trip like a fool, but thankfully it was quick to get in/get out as long as you weren't trying to eat. There was a line stretching all the way into the seating area. I know the food will soon be members only but I didn't see a sign anywhere so its possible that specific Costco will still cater to the plebs (is it though? A lot of contradictory information and reddit locked the thread as Fake News).

Bought more of those 6 pack dumplings and decided to try the frozen Korean beef style pan fried dumplings. Once pan fried in oil (I used bacon grease) they are crunchy, delicious and honestly better then most chain/quick serve places. The bibigo brand of foods are all so far just incredible for the price, quality, and convenience.

Bitchin' sauce is gone, from walls of plenty last week to not a single one today and was replaced with the Kirkland DOP Basil Pesto. I've seen that mentioned before here so I grabbed that and some of the chicken/mozz raviolis to try it with.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

pentyne posted:

Took a late afternoon trip like a fool, but thankfully it was quick to get in/get out as long as you weren't trying to eat. There was a line stretching all the way into the seating area. I know the food will soon be members only but I didn't see a sign anywhere so its possible that specific Costco will still cater to the plebs (is it though? A lot of contradictory information and reddit locked the thread as Fake News).

I read that it will be up to each location

BeerEngineer
Apr 22, 2006
The three piece Kirkland golf balls are fantastic. I’m mediocre at golf on a good day, but played an entire round without losing one yesterday. First time I’ve ever done that. I credit the ball, not my poo poo-tier golf “skills.”

Also, at a buck a ball, I don’t give a gently caress if I shank half a box into the woods on any given day. I can lose five for the price of a single Pro V1, and I can’t tell the difference in performance. Solid buy recommend from me.

I bought three more boxes today. And, of course, a hot dog.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

edit: Wrong thread

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enos Cabell posted:

^^ yup

These ones.

Break them in pieces and put them in an air fryer. Dip in mustard.

They suck if you just eat them cold, but they're loving bomb as hell when heated.

Edit: 350 for 5min in air fryer, fwiw

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Break them in pieces and put them in an air fryer. Dip in mustard.

They suck if you just eat them cold, but they're loving bomb as hell when heated.

Edit: 350 for 5min in air fryer, fwiw

That never even crossed my mind to try. I think my little bro still has some, I'll have to give it a shot.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enos Cabell posted:

That never even crossed my mind to try. I think my little bro still has some, I'll have to give it a shot.

It's a great snack. I tried them cold and was pissed my wife bought them, until she did that.

Also, the bagged crepes filled with totally not nutella in the bakery area are loving dangerous.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Whoever said the lobster bisque is underwhelming, I have to sadly agree.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also, panning on being at my Costco at 915 am to pick up Mucinex, Claritin, and multivitamins. Might grab some more t.p. as well.

Beans are a given.

Strap in, folks.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I emailed corporate about the crappy optical desk service I got, since I sent a message to the GM on Facebook and got no reply

Still no reply from corporate either after like a week

I got a $37 rewards email the other day so I will use that but I’m not gonna cancel my membership, but rather downgrade to gold since I just don’t spend enough at Costco to justify executive

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I bought a Traeger wood pellet grill and a bunch of st. louis spare ribs at the Co yesterday. Gonna fire that bad boy up here in a few.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Enos Cabell posted:

I bought a Traeger wood pellet grill and a bunch of st. louis spare ribs at the Co yesterday. Gonna fire that bad boy up here in a few.

I went yesterday to buy a chicken for dinner and redeem my rewards certificate. This means I walked through the valley of temptation with all those rad pellet smokers and a drug dealer wad of cash and DIDN'T buy one

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

:hellyeah:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
My church has a line 1/3 to the back of the store. My faith is weak because I hosed up and went at 1130 on Saturday.

Edit: cashed out in 11 minutes. It's a miracle.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 29, 2020

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I'm heading up to the church for some communion, street tacos, and a few staples to load up on just in case the supply chain around here seizes you due to the virus concerns. Any pro tips on things to pick up that don't cross into prepper territory but also smart? Thinking a bunch of oatmeal, dry beans, water, and bitchin sauce.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol at everyone buying all this healthy poo poo to stock up. I'm going to be the Cheeto Lord in our virus apocalypse

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol at everyone buying all this healthy poo poo to stock up. I'm going to be the Cheeto Lord in our virus apocalypse

I just snagged some chicken nuggets and mini tacos yesterday. I'm set.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I will NOT give away my cheetos. But you may lick my orange dust fingers for a nominal fee

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Enos Cabell posted:

The junior model apparently is known for having problems with temperature swings, it wanders up and down about 30 degrees. Which makes low-temp stuff a pain, if you’re trying to run 200 degrees then 30 degrees is a big chunk of that.

Some people manage to get it to behave by tweaking the p-factor on the controller, others still have problems. It kinda sounds like it’s just endemic to the way they do their controller, the bigger models have enough thermal mass to hold temp while the pellet feed “pauses”, the junior doesn’t.

I got one, read about it online, and changed my mind and took it back. There are bigger smokers available for $350, sure you may have to fiddle with them but the Traeger apparently isn’t plug and play either.

I saw they now have Louisiana Smoker vertical smokers available for I think $400 ish? I haven’t seen reviews but it’s a much bigger one for a similar price to the junior/much cheaper than the equivalent Traegers.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 29, 2020

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

TraderStav posted:

I'm heading up to the church for some communion, street tacos, and a few staples to load up on just in case the supply chain around here seizes you due to the virus concerns. Any pro tips on things to pick up that don't cross into prepper territory but also smart? Thinking a bunch of oatmeal, dry beans, water, and bitchin sauce.

Rice and beans is your simplest/cheapest way to get reasonably complete nutrition that keeps for a long time. And as long as you have a nice assortment of spices and some sides to mix it up it's no hardship.

Don't feel like you're a prepper idiot for picking up supplies. Even though the danger from the virus itself is minimal in the general goon age group, the danger of societal and supply disruption due to panic is very real and being ready for it isn't stupid.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
For disaster prepping, may I humbly suggest Costco Business Center?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Chinatown posted:

For disaster prepping, may I humbly suggest Costco Business Center?

I'm in Detroit and the closest is in Chicago :(

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

The junior model apparently is known for having problems with temperature swings, it wanders up and down about 30 degrees. Which makes low-temp stuff a pain, if you’re trying to run 200 degrees then 30 degrees is a big chunk of that.

Some people manage to get it to behave by tweaking the p-factor on the controller, others still have problems. It kinda sounds like it’s just endemic to the way they do their controller, the bigger models have enough thermal mass to hold temp while the pellet feed “pauses”, the junior doesn’t.

I got one, read about it online, and changed my mind and took it back. There are bigger smokers available for $350, sure you may have to fiddle with them but the Traeger apparently isn’t plug and play either.

I saw they now have Louisiana Smoker vertical smokers available for I think $400 ish? I haven’t seen reviews but it’s a much bigger one for a similar price to the junior/much cheaper than the equivalent Traegers.

I went with the Silverton 620 which seems to be a new Costco only model. It has the D2 drive that is supposed to work better at holding temps, but we'll see. It took a bit of fiddling to get going, but the wifi control is pretty nice to have too.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Surprised my co doesn't have a big bag of dry beans, settled on the canned black beans I always eat but won't help for prepping too much. The 25lb bag of white rice for $9 will help though.

This place is a zoo. Looking forward to my iced coffee with no syrup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Me talking to my friend just now: Those were the best top sirloins you've ever made. (we grill all the time)

Friend: It was a great cut of meat.

Me: Oh cool where'd you get them?

Friend: Costco.

Me: Costco has top tier meat!

Friend: I would expect nothing less from Costco.

PBUC