Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The reveal that Vince wasn't there last night makes last night's Raw make sense.

TL posted:

WWE generally likes to do the major building in the city, so I’d think SmackDown/HOF/Takeover would all be at Staples. New Japan would probably be more likely for the Forum if I had to guess.

You are probably right, I was thinking the Forum because it was across the street from the Wrestlemania venue but the WWE would probably just be more inclined to orbit Staples and bus to the new stadium.

That would actually be the best case scenario for most people flying in because you could just stay at LAX and see New Japan and Wrestlemania with a couple of cheap taxi/rideshare rides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince not being at RAW shouldn't be that much of a surprise considering his XFL thing has been a decent success. That said, I figure he probably has one of his flunkies hold a phone up in conference mode so he can shout instructions

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Rick posted:

The reveal that Vince wasn't there last night makes last night's Raw make sense.

You are probably right, I was thinking the Forum because it was across the street from the Wrestlemania venue but the WWE would probably just be more inclined to orbit Staples and bus to the new stadium.

That would actually be the best case scenario for most people flying in because you could just stay at LAX and see New Japan and Wrestlemania with a couple of cheap taxi/rideshare rides.

You know, I didn’t realize the Forum was right across the street. I can see WWE sticking, say, Takeover there just to lock New Japan out.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I’m frustrated about Beau James prioritizing locker room talk over the context of reports contemporaneous with David Von Erich’s death.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIq6Wzh8zo

Is Bryan saying he wants Goldberg to go over Bray and then go on to WrestleMania so WM can potentially draw bigger?

I like Bryan and there is some logic to this but he knows more than I do that WWE needs to make new stars and not just keep dredging out the stars of the past. How does Goldberg beating Bray do that? It doesn't. They might get a few more buys for one event but they sabotage their long term gains.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There's a lot of truth to what you're saying but one also has to consider that Goldberg is cool and Bray fuckin sucks.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He's basically saying WWE are trying to hotshot poo poo for Mania because of the ESPN deal and Goldberg is a bigger star to casual fans than Bray. Also that no-one can really get huge in WWE until they've had a big return moment after an extended absence.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

no such thing as long term gains with Bray. dude is a loving dork and is never getting over as a star.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWE always hotshots poo poo for mania tho.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The match to make is Goldberg vs Cena if they want a marquee match

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

bray is neither a veteran with any perceivable ability to draw nor a young up-and-comer who could become a star. he’s not exactly what people have in mind when they say wwe needs to build stars. what are your possible “long term gains” having bray go over?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sleepwalkers posted:

bray is neither a veteran with any perceivable ability to draw nor a young up-and-comer who could become a star. he’s not exactly what people have in mind when they say wwe needs to build stars.

if they'd let Bray go clean over Cena none of this would be a discussion.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

coconono posted:

if they'd let Bray go clean over Cena none of this would be a discussion.

I like Bray more than the good contrarian folks here it seems and I've always gotten the impression the crowd liked him, too. The WWE just misused and buried the guy.

So he came back with a new gimmick and is undefeated universal champ. They definitely are trying to make a star.

He also became the top merch mover a couple months ago according to Meltzer.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 25, 2020

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Goldberg is cool and Bray fuckin sucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Bray fuckin sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Vince not being at RAW shouldn't be that much of a surprise considering his XFL thing has been a decent success. That said, I figure he probably has one of his flunkies hold a phone up in conference mode so he can shout instructions

With how badly ratings are plummeting it's not much of a success and he's probably starting to panic.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's not a perfect metric but the XFL gameday threads in Football Funhouse have gone from 42>18>10 pages. Like all winter leagues people lose interest pretty quickly once the NFL Combine starts and the novelty of having a winter league has worn off.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Have Bray run in to Cena-Goldberg and get AA'd and Jackhammered onto dog poop

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Their rule changes kick rear end though and I hope the NFL adopt them at some point

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

E; wrong thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Samoa Joe suspended for wellness violation

yeah I'm trying to find out if that comes with a financial penalty as well because that's kind of lovely to do to a guy with a concussion.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

coconono posted:

yeah I'm trying to find out if that comes with a financial penalty as well because that's kind of lovely to do to a guy with a concussion.

imo it's hosed up to suspend a guy just for taking some Alpha Brain by ONNIT to counter the effects of his concussion

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aye Doc posted:

imo it's hosed up to suspend a guy just for taking some Alpha Brain by ONNIT to counter the effects of his concussion

the whole wellness program is insane. What should be a standard test to make sure your dudes don't die for heart problems or have brains like swiss cheese instead has this random drug test thing like they're competitive cyclists.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Don't forget there's been plenty of times they've waited to announce suspensions when it was most convenient for the company. Which reminds me, are NXT wellness failures still not reported?

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Since Effy like the tweet me and someone else on here are going to be making a podcast with the one and only goal being to get Effy on then ending it. It's the WWE podcast we want effy. It will probably suck, but like you could just have it on mute and it still counts as a listen lol. WE WANT EFFY.

https://twitter.com/RGFANACCOUNT/status/1232430736017362944?s=19

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

njsykora posted:

He's basically saying WWE are trying to hotshot poo poo for Mania because of the ESPN deal and Goldberg is a bigger star to casual fans than Bray. Also that no-one can really get huge in WWE until they've had a big return moment after an extended absence.
This. Brock Lesnar seems to be the only fucker in the company who understands that WWE TV is where stars go to get under, so the less you're around, the less they loving ruin you.

People talkin' 'bout Bray sucking, but this forum, on the whole, loved Bray before they ruined him. We were desperate for them to finally get behind him, and when they did, they did it so badly that now people think Bray was always bad, because we are stupid, stupid creatures.

Known transphobe bigot rear end in a top hat Jack Swagger vs. Goldust is a match I am loving all the way pumped to see on Saturday, because Jake Hager is an rear end in a top hat who broke Dustin "The Natural" Rhodes' arm in a car door during an awesome angle fully months ago.

It's the booking. It's always been the booking.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
An incredible Alvarez 08 rant saying if you don't like my show go make your own, still waiting for an Alvarez ran wrestling show going off this logic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/f9l4pm/great_08_rant_by_bryan_alvarez_about_if_you/

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yukaichiban posted:

An incredible Alvarez 08 rant saying if you don't like my show go make your own, still waiting for an Alvarez ran wrestling show going off this logic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/f9l4pm/great_08_rant_by_bryan_alvarez_about_if_you/
I don't see the comparison here. The people complaining about his show aren't paid to watch his show and give their opinion on it.

And Alvarez is a wrestler, so that "you couldn't do better" poo poo is also asinine on that front.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I don't see the comparison here. The people complaining about his show aren't paid to watch his show and give their opinion on it.

And Alvarez is a wrestler, so that "you couldn't do better" poo poo is also asinine on that front.

The dude makes his living critiquing and telling people to do their job different then went on a rant saying don't critique me and tell me how to do my job.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yukaichiban posted:

The dude makes his living critiquing and telling people to do their job different then went on a rant saying don't critique me and tell me how to do my job.

drat, nothing gets past this guy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmao

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Yukaichiban is Rovert spelled backwards!!

Also Bryan rules, and owns a gold boat

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HOly poo poo.. The guy who rants about evertyhing and is a manchild did a rant 12 loving years ago

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alvarez 08 is good but I always thought Alvarez 13 had the better career mode

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Reddit post and account that posted it is now deleted. Nice work 👌👍

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There was a Bryan rant recently about WWE's arrogance and it was legit very good

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I like everybody I listen to at F4WOnline. I don't agree with everything they say but they're entertaining and informative and what more can I ask for.

It's worth the money.

e:
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1079899936584597504?s=20

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 26, 2020

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

NikkolasKing posted:

I like everybody I listen to at F4WOnline. I don't agree with everything they say but they're entertaining and informative and what more can I ask for.

It's worth the money.

Agreed!

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I like WO, but what happened to Pacific Rim? It's been a month and I'm getting Fumi withdrawal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Reddit post and account that posted it is now deleted. Nice work 👌👍

The account definitely isn't deleted since it's mine and I didn't delete it. I did delete the post because I didn't feel like explaining irony to people who don't get it.

The point isn't that the dude is ranting the point is the dude basically critiqued himself for everyone and gave a very valid critique. The guy who said once it's his job to critique what companies can do better did a rant about don't tell me how to do my job show me. By his own logic he needs to open up a company.