Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Little Death posted:

She's like the waitress from IASIP.

lmao even looks like her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Little Death posted:

Nice to know in all that montage time she never told him her name.

What do you mean? She's that ink witch, The Ink Witch.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Fister Roboto posted:

lmao even looks like her

Come to think of it, Snout beign a weirdo creepy like Charlie also makes sense as to why he lives across the country from all the other mongrel people.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So when are we going to get the Danny Devito character, then?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

So when are we going to get the Danny Devito character, then?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Dear Diary,

I never thought it would happen to me

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Dear diary

Today I dropped someone face first onto a hard stone surface. I guess they're a deep sleeper because they haven't woken up or moved since

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dear Diary,

Today, I once again awoke in the same blank white hellscape that has been my prison for the last nine months. Whatever dark god I have angered enough to trap me here has yet to release its grip, and my periods of lucidity grow shorter and shorter. I need to continuously remind myself of even the most basic goals, lest I fade away into the void that surrounds me. Although I can communicate with the woman-shaped homunculus, in her presence I find myself incapable of forming any kind of complex question or thought. I fear that she may not be the key to my prison, but just another bar on the cage. Should this be the case, it only confirms my suspicions; if I am to be free, I must find and destroy the nucleus that this universe is built around. I must discover what has happened to Dominic Deegan, and kill him.

My intellect fades once again. Wish me luck.

Until tomorrow,

Algernon

Dear Diary,

I want to find Dominic Deegan. Ink lady is pretty. I dreamed about her boobies.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 24, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Invisible Clergy posted:

Of course his kickstarter got funded right away. I hate him so much. That is a damnable pack of lies. How has this man been allowed to host a panel called "writing memorable heroes and villains" for multiple years?

Obviously $20k+ is nothing to scoff at, but it amuses me that it's only 255 people.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Somewhere a guy who legally changed his name to Dominic Deegan is considering this $19500 well spent.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wait, what.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will not be revealing any personal details at this time.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

don't doxx me

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

I will not be revealing any personal details at this time.
We already know that man, his name's Mookie.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Please, stop wasting everyone’s time. I don’t know how much more of this I can stand.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

Please, stop wasting everyone’s time. I don’t know how much more of this I can stand.

I'm telling you he's reading this thread and loving with us

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Permanently ruining my comic to own the goons.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Snout consistently alternates between "kind of cute in a sort of stupid dog person furry OC kind of way" and "horrific nightmare creature that's half human half hell demon with a tail coming out of the middle of his back".

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

TheHan posted:

I'm actually getting mad now.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

ask her what her name is you awful backdick monster

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Don't worry Mookie will think up an idea for where the plot is going any day now

I'm sure Mongreltown has a deep and involved storyline that he'll come up with on the spot as he's drawing it

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

At the very least he seemed to be falling into a habit of classic DD where he was responding to critics he was reading ~somewhere~, making fun of his nonsense.

Like this strip, for instance. it directly responds to the criticism that the sign to mongreltown appears to have been in the middle of nowhere. Now mookie is asserting that that was always part of his plan and that it's a joke in that these signs make no sense and are actually just in the middle of nowhere. When really is because he decided on the spot to delay by adding another travel montage, since he had no idea what to do in mongreltown.

Then there was all the laughing at the cliched nature of the montage showing all these weeks of travel together apparently, and how that was substituting for real character development, and how in all that time he apparently still have not learned her name or what an ink witch did. Now it's only been a day that they've been travelling so that whole montage was really just showing the events of a few hours, which does render it a pointless waste of time, but at least now mookie can claim that he wasn't being cliched.

It's an ouroboros of bad writing, our complaints feeding in continuously to the new strips that he produces.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Feb 26, 2020

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

you see, there's two types of author. the nuh-uhchitect and the gardenuh-uh

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Even though I have proof Mookie has raised a discretionary $20k, I can say with complete confidence that he is so allergic to any form of criticism, as evidenced by shutting down his own forums when they turned against his horrible comic, that there is no way he would ever pay :tenbux: to watch us laugh at him or go to the effort of lurking.

It is loving amazing how there is no content here. Like Rotten Red Rod said, it's hard to come up with clever digs when Mookie gives us nothing to work with, so instead I'll say if you want a good thing that's dialogue free, go watch Genndy Tartakovsky's "Primal." I heard the hype for it last year but wanted to wait til all the eps were out and it only came up on my list now. Breathtaking stuff.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The travel montage was only over a day? I thought they were on the road for like weeks or something.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
It is literally impossible to tell how much time is passing in or between comics. I don't blame you. I thought the same thing since we've seen them sleeping multiple times. I guess they took a lot of naps.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lol if you think Mookie remembers any of what happens in a previous page after he's done drawing it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Where's his bindle when he's walking and writing (something that is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT if you've ever tried it)? That thing seriously just vanishes and reappears whenever it's convenient.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Fister Roboto posted:

Where's his bindle when he's walking and writing (something that is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT if you've ever tried it)? That thing seriously just vanishes and reappears whenever it's convenient.

Much like any other items the characters carry. Remember he stored his book/ink/brush and food in that thing.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

Much like any other items the characters carry. Remember he stored his book/ink/brush and food in that thing.

Why do you think his groin area is so large. He's just storing poo poo down his pants.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

they store them in their inventory when they don't need to equip them

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I do not like this web comic very much.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Meanwhile, over on a good webcomic, Necropolis, there's a similar travel montage. It lasts one page, and even though the subject matter is much more mundane than the NMS-inspired landscapes Mookie did, it looks way prettier due to amazing framing and color:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Is it updating again? Yay!

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 27, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Little Death posted:

He's just storing poo poo down his pants.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The Little Death posted:

Why do you think his groin area is so large. He's just storing poo poo down his pants.
Taking this post literally is pure :stonklol:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PMush Perfect posted:

Taking this post literally is pure :stonklol:

How else would you take it?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I'm so excited to have found this thread, but, crucially, not in the way I am excited for good things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Paramemetic posted:

I'm so excited to have found this thread, but, crucially, not in the way I am excited for good things.

Sadly you came in at the part of the roller coaster ride where we've all realized we want to get off but it's too late