Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Gatts posted:

Maybe there can be an app to summon an anime demon waifu

I mean in most of these games the first thing you summon is a sexy pixie, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
She takes one look at you and just poofs away saying "Ooh, I think I left the oven on..."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1232032906362572801

I guess Little Shops of Horrors is being remade and honestly I'm pretty bored by the casting.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What they don't mention is that Taron's dialog and songs as Seymour will all be replaced by Crocodile Rock.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shneak posted:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1232032906362572801

I guess Little Shops of Horrors is being remade and honestly I'm pretty bored by the casting.

Billy Porter as Audrey II is a drat solid choice.

The rest of the cast ... eh. Evans has range, though, he could be a pretty fun sleazy Scrivello.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope Evans has performance surpassing even that of him describing that babies taste the best.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Timby posted:

Billy Porter as Audrey II is a drat solid choice.

The rest of the cast ... eh. Evans has range, though, he could be a pretty fun sleazy Scrivello.

It's solid because he's played the role before, but it's not inspired or like "interesting" because he's played the role before. That's fine, I'm not opposed to that idea, but is not like "ooh, what an exciting choice" and I feel like if it's the fourth? fifth? version of the story in a little over half a century you need those inspired left-field choices.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Frankly, I suspect they're playing it safe because of Cats. We've known the remake was happening for a while, but the cast announcements started flooding in pretty recently, so it seems like they waited to see how that movie shook out before deciding how to cast this one.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SMT 4 had issues storywise but the whole concept of the game was pretty cool

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Frankly, I suspect they're playing it safe because of Cats. We've known the remake was happening for a while, but the cast announcements started flooding in pretty recently, so it seems like they waited to see how that movie shook out before deciding how to cast this one.

They should cash in on the controversy of Cats and make everybody plants with human faced and Audrey II the only human.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Bazinga travelers, come warm yourself by our fire as the village elders recount the time Saint Tingle was pounded in the butt by his own butt.

This is kinda the premise for Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Feldegast42 posted:

SMT 4 had issues storywise but the whole concept of the game was pretty cool

I love that game so much.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

They should ... make everybody plants with human faces

I mean, have you seen the original

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I can't wait for the CGI Audrey II to look worse than the puppet from a 34 year old movie.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

I can't wait for the CGI Audrey II to look worse than the puppet from a 34 year old movie.

Won't take much, that's one of the most astonishing puppets I've ever seen.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Ah yes, Taron Egerton really puts out that Rick Moranis energy, perfect choice :rolleyes:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Who does though

Jessie eisenberg?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

He played a pretty convincing nerdy dude in Eddie the Eagle.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

At the risk of overloading the cast with Marvel folks, Tom Holland could probably pull off a pretty good Seymour. Scarjo as Audrey, though? I dunno.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that’s the question. I know she’s done a little singing but Audrey’s stuff is pretty challenging and it’s gonna be hard to live up to Ellen Greene.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crowetron posted:

At the risk of overloading the cast with Marvel folks, Tom Holland could probably pull off a pretty good Seymour. Scarjo as Audrey, though? I dunno.

The new one can be Marvel people the way the old one was Second City / SNL people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Ah yes, Taron Egerton really puts out that Rick Moranis energy, perfect choice :rolleyes:

I saw a video of the stage play with Jake gyllenhaal.

Maybe they don’t have to channel Moranis at all.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Audrey plaza as Audrey.

Scarjo sings in JoJo rabbit right? She's ok.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Scarlet put out an album at one point. I think it was an album of Tom Waits covers or something.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I could see Tom Holland playing a lovable Seymour well.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Little shop remake is probably gonna suck but I hope it means that the frank oz movie gets a uhd release.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah that’s the question. I know she’s done a little singing but Audrey’s stuff is pretty challenging and it’s gonna be hard to live up to Ellen Greene.

I saw Mandy Patinkin and Patty Lupone do Somewhere that's Green just cast them as Seymore and Audrey it'll be fine

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

It’s gonna be another cg Andy serkis for the plant. Because he’s the only mocap performer in existence

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

It’s gonna be another cg Andy serkis for the plant. Because he’s the only mocap performer in existence

He'll spend months in a botanical garden, studying the movements of plants.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i don't know if Margot Robbie can sing but if you tell her to do her Harley Quinn voice but about 50 IQ points lower that would probably be the ideal Audrey.

Or you could reunite the best Spider-Man with his best girl and cast Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Stone can definitely sing and I have to imagine that Garfield can too.

edit: ooh, Kristen Schaal! She'd be a wonderful Audrey.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny since the Harley Quinn show has a talking plant that's basically a tamer Audrey II.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Alan Smithee posted:

The dog from The Call of the Wild deserves more work!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mierenneuker posted:

The dog from The Call of the Wild deserves more work!

That movie lost at least $100 million so the dog has been blacklisted :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DC Murderverse posted:

i don't know if Margot Robbie can sing but if you tell her to do her Harley Quinn voice but about 50 IQ points lower that would probably be the ideal Audrey.

Or you could reunite the best Spider-Man with his best girl and cast Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Stone can definitely sing and I have to imagine that Garfield can too.

edit: ooh, Kristen Schaal! She'd be a wonderful Audrey.

I momentarily parsed this as Kristen Schaal as Audrey II, and it was, interesting.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That movie lost at least $100 million so the dog has been blacklisted :(

How did they spend $150m making a dog movie

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That studio really screwed the pooch.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

smug jeebus posted:

How did they spend $150m making a dog movie

By not using a dog is my guess.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

No Harrison ford in your solo movie lose money

Yes Harrison ford in your dog movie and lose money

What do you want America?!?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alan Smithee posted:

You need both at the same time. Star Wars is so popular because it was a movie with Harrison Ford as Solo and a movie with Harrison Ford and his dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Alan Smithee posted:

1980s Harrison Ford probably.